|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
2. What does the USS Scorpion discover looking at San Francisco?
3. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
4. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
5. Why do they conclude that the city around the Naval Yard shows almost no damage?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the benefits of learning other cultures. Use the fact that the Americans and Australians learn a lot from each other in ON THE BEACH. Then discuss the many things that can be learned from experiencing other cultures.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the absurdity of nuclear armament. In your essay discuss why governments still stockpile nuclear weapons after what was learned at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Express whether you think nuclear weapons will ever be abandoned all over the word.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about ON THE BEACH as a valuable resource for arguing against nuclear proliferation. In your essay include who should read the book as required reading. These people should be drawn from government and military sources, religious sources, and concerned individuals.
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)