Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
2. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
3. What does Swain do without being seen?
4. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
5. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
Write an essay about the benefits of learning other cultures. Use the fact that the Americans and Australians learn a lot from each other in ON THE BEACH. Then discuss the many things that can be learned from experiencing other cultures.
Write an essay about ON THE BEACH as a valuable resource for arguing against nuclear proliferation. In your essay include who should read the book as required reading. These people should be drawn from government and military sources, religious sources, and concerned individuals.
Write an essay on the absurdity of nuclear armament. In your essay discuss why governments still stockpile nuclear weapons after what was learned at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Express whether you think nuclear weapons will ever be abandoned all over the word.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)