|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
2. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
3. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
4. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
5. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on living out your dreams. John Osbourne in the novel actually missed many years of excitement and pleasure by not racing cars until it was almost too late. In your essay talk about following your dreams because all of life is uncertain anyway.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how families face problems together. Use the Holmes family as a good example. Use John Osbourne as an example of a man who does not have a family of his own. State your opinion about the value of a family during difficult times.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the possibility of the same world-wide destruction of all life on the planet could ever really happen. In your essay include the fact that today, just as Shute predicted, small radical nations now have nuclear capability. What is the danger of everything going too far when split second decisions have to be made about using the nuclear arsenal.
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)