Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
2. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
3. What does Swain do without being seen?
4. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
5. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
Essay Topic 1
Write a critique of Nevil Shute's ON THE BEACH. Evaluate Shute as a story teller and how well he holds the attention of the reader. Also evaluate the importance of the subject matter and whether it contributes a good message to the world. Mention the parts you think are strongest and weakest in the book. Conclude with a recommendation as to who would most benefit from reading the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about pure love. It is clear that Moira is in love with Dwight. Leading up to her introduction to him, she is described as having lived a promiscuous life. What is it in the relationship between her and Dwight that prevents her from attempting to seduce him.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about going home to die. Clearly Dwight would like to do the same thing as seaman Swain. Explain what prevents him. Define the characteristic of Dwight's that prevents him from ordering the USS Scorpion to return to the northeastern United States.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)