|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
(a) triple normal prices
(b) a gallon of fuel per pound
(c) ten times what it was a year ago
(d) nothing if they have no cash
2. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) ether-alcohol mixture
(b) diesel fuel
(c) aviation fuel
(d) unleaded fuel
3. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
(a) the National Gallery
(b) to a hotel room
(c) back to the Scorpion
(d) the nearest bar
4. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) most roofs blown off of houses
(b) all the paint peeled off the houses
(c) not much damage but no signs of life
(d) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
5. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) a second liaison officer
(b) a suite at a 4-star hotel
(c) unlimited use of the OC
(d) a Navy car and driver
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
2. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
3. What seems to increase the tolerance to radioactivity, by a few days?
4. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
5. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John say his uncle, Sir Froude, still appears to be healthy?
2. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
3. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
4. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
5. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
6. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
7. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
8. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
9. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
10. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)