|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
2. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
(a) August 17th is John's birthday
(b) August 17th is the shortest day of the year
(c) August 17th is too cold
(d) August 17th may be too late
3. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
(b) Mr. Davidson
4. What are Peter and Mary doing now?
(a) laying out flower beds for spring
(b) planning on having another baby
(c) digging a radiation shelter
(d) going to the mountains to ski
5. Besides the suicide pills and syringe, what does Peter bring home?
(a) a green playpen
(b) new bicycle tires
(c) a bouquet of roses
(d) a little red wagon
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
2. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
3. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
4. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
5. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Moira changing from thinking planting plants for the next year is a silly waste of time?
2. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
3. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
4. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
5. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
6. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
7. What does Lt. Sunderstrom do before shutting down the communications center at the Naval Base at Elliott Bay.
8. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
9. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
10. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)