|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) not much damage but no signs of life
(b) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
(c) most roofs blown off of houses
(d) all the paint peeled off the houses
2. Where is the radiation sickness by August?
(a) Sydney and Adelaide
(b) Cape of Good Hope
(c) South Africa and Uruguay
(d) Southern Argentina
3. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
(a) he says he will drown himself
(b) he doesn't think he will die
(c) he wants to go like his family
(d) he has one of his own
4. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
(a) a gallon of fuel per pound
(b) triple normal prices
(c) ten times what it was a year ago
(d) nothing if they have no cash
5. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
(a) she is old and ugly but good company
(b) she made it possible for him to remain faithful and sober
(c) she did nothing except darn his socks
(d) she taught him how to fish
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of the news, what are Peter and Mary doing?
2. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
3. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
4. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
5. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)