|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) he went to college there
(b) it is his hometown
(c) his girlfriend lives there
(d) it is near his hometown
2. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they only broadcast rumors
(b) they have outdated equipment
(c) they are about three days late
(d) they have no way to get the facts
3. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) not much damage but no signs of life
(b) all the paint peeled off the houses
(c) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
(d) most roofs blown off of houses
4. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
(a) long and lingering
(b) like nothing unusual is happening
(c) slow and painless
(d) quickly at the end
5. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she is going to ask to go with him
(c) she is planning a party for his return
(d) she is taking a secretarial course
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
2. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
3. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
4. How does Peter explain the need for her to know about the pills?
5. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
2. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
3. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
4. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
5. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
6. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
7. What does Lt. Sunderstrom do before shutting down the communications center at the Naval Base at Elliott Bay.
8. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
9. What condition does Peter put on his continuing service in the Navy?
10. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)