|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Osbourne look forward to after the next submarine trip?
(a) three months of auto racing
(b) asking Moira to marry him
(c) taking a road trip
(d) drinking port with his uncle
2. How does John keep his fear under control while on the submarine?
(a) by concentrating on his work
(b) by thinking about his Ferrari
(c) by talking with Peter
(d) by drinking brandy
3. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the Scorpion has been refitted
(b) she is carrying his child
(c) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(d) the fishing season has been opened early
4. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
(a) the woman in the painting looks like Sharon, his wife
(b) it is bright, cheerful, and unreal
(c) it reminds him of his home in Mystic
(d) it looks like New York destroyed by the bombs
5. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
(a) to a hotel room
(b) the nearest bar
(c) the National Gallery
(d) back to the Scorpion
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
2. What does Swain do without being seen?
3. How does Peter explain the need for her to know about the pills?
4. What do they notice about most of the houses?
5. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
2. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
3. What condition does Peter put on his continuing service in the Navy?
4. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
5. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
6. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
7. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
8. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
9. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
10. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)