|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) diesel fuel
(b) aviation fuel
(c) ether-alcohol mixture
(d) unleaded fuel
2. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) raging at Peter
(b) digging up the garden to burn
(c) things that will be needed next year
(d) drinking a lot
3. Where are the most southerly cases now, according to John's update?
(a) Sierra Leon, Rio, and Manilla
(b) Kuala Lampur, Shanghai, and Panama city
(c) Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Auckland
(d) Patagonia, Tahiti, and Madagascar
4. What does John Osbourne look forward to after the next submarine trip?
(a) asking Moira to marry him
(b) taking a road trip
(c) drinking port with his uncle
(d) three months of auto racing
5. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
(a) they talk about next year
(b) they agree not to talk
(c) they drink too much
(d) they talk about the past
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swain do without being seen?
2. How does Mary react to the pills?
3. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
4. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
5. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Moira changing from thinking planting plants for the next year is a silly waste of time?
2. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
3. What condition does Peter put on his continuing service in the Navy?
4. How does baby Jennifer give Mary a fright?
5. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
6. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
7. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
8. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
9. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
10. How is John Osbourne able to race his car so much?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)