|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(c) San Francisco
2. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) drinking a lot
(b) things that will be needed next year
(c) raging at Peter
(d) digging up the garden to burn
3. What seems to increase the tolerance to radioactivity, by a few days?
4. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
(b) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(c) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
(d) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
5. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
(a) a broken casement rolling on a Coke bottle
(b) a fallen curtrain rod moved by the wind
(c) a bobble-head figure lying on its side
(d) a tennis ball rolling around on the desk
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
2. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
3. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
4. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
5. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
2. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
3. What has Moira managed to locate that makes Dwight happy enough to drift off to sleep?
4. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
5. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
6. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
7. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
8. What is Mary's initial reaction to the suicide pills and syringe?
9. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
10. How is John Osbourne able to race his car so much?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)