|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
(a) a bobble-head figure lying on its side
(b) a broken casement rolling on a Coke bottle
(c) a fallen curtrain rod moved by the wind
(d) a tennis ball rolling around on the desk
2. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) put her in dry dock
(b) use her for a shelter
(c) give her to the Brazilians
(d) sink her on the high seas
3. After the Pastoral Club, what do John and Peter have?
(a) another round of drinks at the hotel
(b) scones and English tea
(c) a serious discussion about life and death
(d) a wild and dangerous ride in the Ferrari
4. Where does John tell Peter the radiation sickness is now?
(a) in Tasmania
(b) in Wellington
(c) in Canberra
(d) in Perth
5. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) he went to college there
(b) it is his hometown
(c) his girlfriend lives there
(d) it is near his hometown
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
2. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
3. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
4. Where are the most southerly cases now, according to John's update?
5. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does baby Jennifer give Mary a fright?
2. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
3. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
4. What is Mary's initial reaction to the suicide pills and syringe?
5. How is Moira changing from thinking planting plants for the next year is a silly waste of time?
6. Why does John say his uncle, Sir Froude, still appears to be healthy?
7. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
8. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
9. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
10. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)