|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
(b) Mr. Davidson
2. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very flippant
(b) very happy
(c) very ill
(d) very depressed
3. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
(a) August 17th is John's birthday
(b) August 17th is the shortest day of the year
(c) August 17th is too cold
(d) August 17th may be too late
4. Where is Albury that has a suspected case of radiation sickness?
(a) about 100 miles north of Melbourne
(b) about 200 miles west of Melbourne
(c) about 50 miles north of Melbourne
(d) about 200 miles north of Melbourne.
5. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she is going to ask to go with him
(c) she is taking a secretarial course
(d) she is planning a party for his return
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
2. What amenity is given to Dwight?
3. Why do they conclude that the city around the Naval Yard shows almost no damage?
4. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
5. Where is Edmonds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
2. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
3. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
4. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
5. How is Moira changing from thinking planting plants for the next year is a silly waste of time?
6. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
7. What does Lt. Sunderstrom do before shutting down the communications center at the Naval Base at Elliott Bay.
8. How is John Osbourne able to race his car so much?
9. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
10. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)