|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) raging at Peter
(b) digging up the garden to burn
(c) things that will be needed next year
(d) drinking a lot
2. What does he look for as a gift for his daughter?
(a) a pogo stick
(b) an Australian doll
(c) a set of puzzles
(d) a doll house
3. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(b) San Francisco
4. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) buy him some new socks
(b) go racing with John Osbourne
(c) look for the pogo stick he could not find
(d) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
5. Where is Albury that has a suspected case of radiation sickness?
(a) about 100 miles north of Melbourne
(b) about 200 miles west of Melbourne
(c) about 50 miles north of Melbourne
(d) about 200 miles north of Melbourne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
2. What impractical thing does Mary want Peter to buy?
3. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
4. After the Pastoral Club, what do John and Peter have?
5. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
2. Why does John say his uncle, Sir Froude, still appears to be healthy?
3. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
4. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
5. What has Moira managed to locate that makes Dwight happy enough to drift off to sleep?
6. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
7. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
8. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
9. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
10. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)