|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
(a) it looks like it will stop
(b) it seems to be coming a little faster
(c) it appears to be weakening
(d) it has slowed down
2. What impractical thing does Mary want Peter to buy?
(a) a light plane
(b) a lawn mower
(c) a new boat
(d) a fur coat
3. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) sink her on the high seas
(b) put her in dry dock
(c) use her for a shelter
(d) give her to the Brazilians
4. Where do they think there are no people living?
(a) Papua New Guinea
(b) Tierra del Fuego
5. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) around the world one last time
(b) under the ice at the Antarctic
(c) back to the United States
(d) down to Tasmania
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
2. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
3. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
4. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
5. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Moira managed to locate that makes Dwight happy enough to drift off to sleep?
2. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
3. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
4. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
5. How is John Osbourne able to race his car so much?
6. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
7. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
8. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
9. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
10. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)