|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Osbourne look forward to after the next submarine trip?
(a) three months of auto racing
(b) asking Moira to marry him
(c) taking a road trip
(d) drinking port with his uncle
2. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) not much damage but no signs of life
(b) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
(c) all the paint peeled off the houses
(d) most roofs blown off of houses
3. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
(c) Mr. Davidson
4. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
5. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a fishing rod
(b) a boomerang
(c) a pogo stick
(d) a soccer ball
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
2. What are Peter and Mary doing now?
3. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
4. Where is Edmonds?
5. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
2. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
3. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
4. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
5. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
6. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
7. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
8. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
9. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
10. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)