|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
(b) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
(c) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(d) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
2. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he can commute between home and work
(b) he will get his own command next
(c) he gets a big promotion
(d) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
3. What does Swain do without being seen?
(a) steals a gun from the commander's quarters
(b) sends food out the torpedo shaft in case someone is alive
(c) gets out of the USS Scorpion and head for Edmonds
(d) hangs himself in the engine room
4. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they are about three days late
(b) they have no way to get the facts
(c) they only broadcast rumors
(d) they have outdated equipment
5. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the fishing season has been opened early
(b) she is carrying his child
(c) the Scorpion has been refitted
(d) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
2. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
3. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
4. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
5. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
2. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
3. What is Mary's initial reaction to the suicide pills and syringe?
4. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
5. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
6. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
7. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
8. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
9. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
10. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)