|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
(a) a music box and a boomerang
(b) photographs and letters
(c) a bracelet and a fishing rod
(d) a pogo stick and a fishing rod
2. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) look for the pogo stick he could not find
(b) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
(c) go racing with John Osbourne
(d) buy him some new socks
3. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
(a) like nothing unusual is happening
(b) quickly at the end
(c) slow and painless
(d) long and lingering
4. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
(a) in a plastic bubble
(b) in a radiation suit
(c) in a mini-sub
(d) in a space suit
5. What does he look for as a gift for his daughter?
(a) a doll house
(b) a set of puzzles
(c) a pogo stick
(d) an Australian doll
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
2. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
3. What are Peter and Mary doing now?
4. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
5. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
2. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
3. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
4. What condition does Peter put on his continuing service in the Navy?
5. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
6. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
7. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
8. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
9. Why does John say his uncle, Sir Froude, still appears to be healthy?
10. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)