|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there more cars on the road now?
(a) people are trying to kill themselves in car accidents
(b) people are no longer saving fuel
(c) a new source of fuel is found
(d) the government is giving away fuel
2. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at Seattle airport
(b) at Santa Maria
(c) at the Columbia River
(d) at Half Moon Bay
3. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a fishing rod
(b) a soccer ball
(c) a pogo stick
(d) a boomerang
4. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they have no way to get the facts
(b) they are about three days late
(c) they have outdated equipment
(d) they only broadcast rumors
5. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
(a) about three days
(b) about a month
(c) about three hours
(d) about two weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
2. What impractical thing does Mary want Peter to buy?
3. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
4. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
5. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
2. What has Moira managed to locate that makes Dwight happy enough to drift off to sleep?
3. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
4. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
5. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
6. Why does John say his uncle, Sir Froude, still appears to be healthy?
7. Why is Dwight upset over a painting at the National Gallery?
8. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
9. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
10. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)