|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Albury that has a suspected case of radiation sickness?
(a) about 100 miles north of Melbourne
(b) about 200 miles north of Melbourne.
(c) about 200 miles west of Melbourne
(d) about 50 miles north of Melbourne
2. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
(a) she is planning a party for his return
(b) she is pregnant
(c) she is going to ask to go with him
(d) she is taking a secretarial course
3. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) ether-alcohol mixture
(b) diesel fuel
(c) aviation fuel
(d) unleaded fuel
4. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
(a) it is bright, cheerful, and unreal
(b) it looks like New York destroyed by the bombs
(c) it reminds him of his home in Mystic
(d) the woman in the painting looks like Sharon, his wife
5. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
(a) they are having a party
(b) they are trying to hide
(c) they are taking a smoke break
(d) they are unexpectedly surprised
Short Answer Questions
1. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
2. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
3. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
4. What impractical thing does Mary want Peter to buy?
5. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do things begin to slow down in Melbourne?
2. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
3. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
4. How does baby Jennifer give Mary a fright?
5. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
6. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
7. How is John Osbourne able to race his car so much?
8. What is Mary's initial reaction to the suicide pills and syringe?
9. How does John say the sickness goes near the end?
10. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)