|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at Santa Maria
(b) at the Columbia River
(c) at Seattle airport
(d) at Half Moon Bay
2. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
(a) fishing but the season doesn't start until September 1st
(b) it is too far to the mountain streams
(c) he has no fishing gear
(d) he cannot be that far away from the Scorpion
3. What are Peter and Mary doing now?
(a) planning on having another baby
(b) going to the mountains to ski
(c) digging a radiation shelter
(d) laying out flower beds for spring
4. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) tickets to the opera
(b) a pogo stick
(c) a boomerang
(d) a new sailboat
5. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he gets a big promotion
(b) he can commute between home and work
(c) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
(d) he will get his own command next
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they think there are no people living?
2. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
3. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
4. What amenity is given to Dwight?
5. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
2. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
3. Explain what prevents Dwight from going fishing for trout before September 1st.
4. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
5. What has Moira managed to locate that makes Dwight happy enough to drift off to sleep?
6. On the long voyage of the Scorpion, what are they able to learn about San Francisco?
7. What condition does Peter put on his continuing service in the Navy?
8. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
9. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
10. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at the Davidson house?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)