|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) it is his hometown
(b) his girlfriend lives there
(c) it is near his hometown
(d) he went to college there
2. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
(d) Mr. Davidson
3. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(b) the fishing season has been opened early
(c) she is carrying his child
(d) the Scorpion has been refitted
4. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) around the world one last time
(b) down to Tasmania
(c) back to the United States
(d) under the ice at the Antarctic
5. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) ashtrays and silverware
(b) bottles of cheap wine
(c) the most expensive bottles of wine
(d) free memberships
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
2. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
3. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
4. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
5. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Moira managed to locate that makes Dwight happy enough to drift off to sleep?
2. How is John Osbourne different in the face of coming death?
3. What is Mary's initial reaction to the suicide pills and syringe?
4. Explain Dwight's change of status on the return trip from the north.
5. Explain the surprise Moira has for Dwight when they meet for lunch.
6. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
7. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
8. What is it that Moira agrees to do for Mary if Peter does not return in time?
9. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
10. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)