|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(d) San Francisco
2. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) the most expensive bottles of wine
(b) ashtrays and silverware
(c) free memberships
(d) bottles of cheap wine
3. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
(a) a broken casement rolling on a Coke bottle
(b) a fallen curtrain rod moved by the wind
(c) a tennis ball rolling around on the desk
(d) a bobble-head figure lying on its side
4. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
(d) Mr. Davidson
5. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very ill
(b) very depressed
(c) very happy
(d) very flippant
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
2. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
3. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
4. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
5. How does John keep his fear under control while on the submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the contradictory things Peter brings home for the baby.
2. How does Mary put out of her mind that Sydney and Adelaide now have the radiation sickness?
3. What does Lt. Sunderstrom do before shutting down the communications center at the Naval Base at Elliott Bay.
4. What is the understanding between Dwight and Moira that is verbalized on their fishing trip?
5. What does John Osbourne tell Peter when he asks about how much more time they have?
6. How does baby Jennifer give Mary a fright?
7. What condition does Peter put on his continuing service in the Navy?
8. Describe the symbolism of Dwight's thinking about his family while on board the Scorpion.
9. How is John Osbourne able to race his car so much?
10. How does being in the submarine compare to racing the Ferrari to John?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)