|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the USS Swordfish leave Rio for Montevideo?
(a) they think some people are alive in Montevideo
(b) radiation gets too hot in Rio
(c) they need a change of scenery
(d) radiation has not reached Montevideo
2. What is at the Pastoral Club that Sir Froude wants to help eliminate?
(a) the girlie floorshow
(b) over three thousand bottles of vintage port
(c) the antique furniture
(d) uncouth new members
3. How does Peter get to town and to the local farmer for milk?
(a) he walks
(b) he rides a bicycle
(c) he uses roller skates
(d) he rides a pony
4. Why does Peter ride his bicycle to Mr. Paul's farm?
(a) to sell eggs
(b) to buy lettuce and tomatoes
(c) to ask for a job
(d) to get milk and cream
5. What is John's uncle doing that he had given up for health reasons?
(a) eating cakes
(b) drinking port
(c) smoking cigars
(d) racing cars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwight say is coming in very evenly all around the world?
2. In church on Sunday, what does Dwight think about?
3. Who do Peter and Mary invite to their house to keep Dwight entertained?
4. What does Osbourne say about the world?
5. What does Moira offer to do for Dwight?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Dwight hold out some hope for the situation?
2. Describe briefly what the story is about.
3. How does the relationship between Dwight and Moira develop?
4. How does the story begin?
5. What is notable about Mary's plans for her garden?
6. Describe Moira's attitude toward life.
7. What does Moira learn about Dwight while touring the submarine?
8. How is Moira Davidson dealing with the eminent threat of death by radiation?
9. Why have methods of transportation changed in Australia?
10. What does it mean that the people had all died tidily?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)