|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons were used in the Russian-Chinese war?
(a) small atomic warheads
(b) hydrogen and cobalt bombs
(c) dirty bombs
(d) siberians and mongals
2. How did the war escalate?
(a) no one really knows
(b) when Japan joined the conflict
(c) other countries seeing a chance to gain territory
(d) the nuclear fallout began affecting other countries
3. In Australia, what do they figure will go a little before Sydney?
(b) Cape Town
4. How long did the nuclear war last in the Northern hemisphere?
(a) one week
(b) thirty-seven days
(c) one year
(d) six months
5. Why does it not take long to bring Osbourne on board the submarine?
(a) he is in a hurry to get started
(b) he is passed out drunk and carried onto the ship
(c) most of his equipment is portable
(d) he will use the ship's equipment
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Peter have?
2. With whom do Peter and Dwight meet in Melbourne?
3. What does Osbourne say about the world?
4. How long does Peter say the next trip of the Scorpion will probably take?
5. Who knows about the destination for the upcoming trip of the USS Scorpion according to Dwight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Dwight and Moira develop?
2. What is of special interest about the radio signals coming from around Seattle?
3. What is the reason Sir Froude is drinking wine against his doctor's orders?
4. What does John Osbourne estimate was the size of the nuclear war that was fought?
5. Why have people grown accustomed to the radiation coming their way and just go about their regular business?
6. How does the USS Swordfish illustrate the movement of the radiation?
7. Describe Moira's attitude toward life.
8. How has the war simplified life in Australia to a large extent?
9. Describe briefly what the story is about.
10. What is Moira's objection to Dwight's suggestion that she go to school?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)