|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
(a) there night be a new source of energy
(b) there might be a clue about the war
(c) there might be a break in the fallout
(d) there might be a human behind them
2. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very happy
(b) very flippant
(c) very depressed
(d) very ill
3. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
(a) slow and painless
(b) long and lingering
(c) quickly at the end
(d) like nothing unusual is happening
4. What does the USS Scorpion discover looking at San Francisco?
(a) the Golden Gate Bridge is down
(b) an aircraft carrier run aground
(c) the radiation is low
(d) the trolleys are still running
5. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) tickets to the opera
(b) a new sailboat
(c) a boomerang
(d) a pogo stick
6. How does Mary react to the pills?
(a) she does not understand what they are for
(b) she is grateful to have them
(c) she takes one immediately
(d) she is horrified and will not speak to Peter
7. Why do they conclude that the city around the Naval Yard shows almost no damage?
(a) because of its location
(b) because of anti-missile defenses
(c) because of a thermal inversion
(d) because its location is secret
8. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
9. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at Half Moon Bay
(b) at the Columbia River
(c) at Seattle airport
(d) at Santa Maria
10. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) raging at Peter
(b) things that will be needed next year
(c) digging up the garden to burn
(d) drinking a lot
11. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
(a) it has slowed down
(b) it seems to be coming a little faster
(c) it looks like it will stop
(d) it appears to be weakening
12. What seems to increase the tolerance to radioactivity, by a few days?
13. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
(a) she did nothing except darn his socks
(b) she made it possible for him to remain faithful and sober
(c) she is old and ugly but good company
(d) she taught him how to fish
14. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) bottles of cheap wine
(b) the most expensive bottles of wine
(c) ashtrays and silverware
(d) free memberships
15. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
(a) Sunderstrom is in the boat
(b) a dog is in the boat
(c) Swain is in the bay fishing
(d) a dying old man is in the boat
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
2. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
3. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
4. In spite of the news, what are Peter and Mary doing?
5. What amenity is given to Dwight?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)