|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) she is carrying his child
(b) the fishing season has been opened early
(c) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(d) the Scorpion has been refitted
2. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
(a) it seems to be coming a little faster
(b) it appears to be weakening
(c) it looks like it will stop
(d) it has slowed down
3. What does Swain do without being seen?
(a) hangs himself in the engine room
(b) gets out of the USS Scorpion and head for Edmonds
(c) sends food out the torpedo shaft in case someone is alive
(d) steals a gun from the commander's quarters
4. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
(a) back to the Scorpion
(b) to a hotel room
(c) the nearest bar
(d) the National Gallery
5. After the Pastoral Club, what do John and Peter have?
(a) a serious discussion about life and death
(b) scones and English tea
(c) a wild and dangerous ride in the Ferrari
(d) another round of drinks at the hotel
6. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) raging at Peter
(b) digging up the garden to burn
(c) things that will be needed next year
(d) drinking a lot
7. How does Peter explain the need for her to know about the pills?
(a) he says he might get too sick to administer them
(b) he says it is easier than radiation sickness
(c) he says she needs to know what others are doing
(d) he says he might not return
8. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) under the ice at the Antarctic
(b) down to Tasmania
(c) around the world one last time
(d) back to the United States
9. Why are there more cars on the road now?
(a) the government is giving away fuel
(b) a new source of fuel is found
(c) people are no longer saving fuel
(d) people are trying to kill themselves in car accidents
10. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
(b) most roofs blown off of houses
(c) all the paint peeled off the houses
(d) not much damage but no signs of life
11. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) his girlfriend lives there
(b) he went to college there
(c) it is his hometown
(d) it is near his hometown
12. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
(a) she made it possible for him to remain faithful and sober
(b) she did nothing except darn his socks
(c) she is old and ugly but good company
(d) she taught him how to fish
13. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) ether-alcohol mixture
(b) unleaded fuel
(c) aviation fuel
(d) diesel fuel
14. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
(a) there might be a clue about the war
(b) there might be a human behind them
(c) there might be a break in the fallout
(d) there night be a new source of energy
15. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
(a) he tells her that they will all be together after death
(b) he asks her to imagine the baby without her parents
(c) he tells her that angry people might try to shoot the baby
(d) he tells her that the baby would suffer more than they
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
2. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
3. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
4. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
5. What amenity is given to Dwight?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)