|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
(a) shopping for gifts for his family
(b) to the farm with Moira
(c) back to the Holmes' bungalow
(d) to see John's Ferreri
2. What does he look for as a gift for his daughter?
(a) a pogo stick
(b) a set of puzzles
(c) a doll house
(d) an Australian doll
3. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) the most expensive bottles of wine
(b) free memberships
(c) bottles of cheap wine
(d) ashtrays and silverware
4. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(d) San Francisco
5. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
(a) there are no radio stations in Cape Town
(b) the Scorpion has not gone there
(c) there is still radio contact
(d) they have conflicting reports
6. What does John Osbourne look forward to after the next submarine trip?
(a) asking Moira to marry him
(b) three months of auto racing
(c) taking a road trip
(d) drinking port with his uncle
7. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
(a) in a space suit
(b) in a mini-sub
(c) in a plastic bubble
(d) in a radiation suit
8. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
(a) Swain is in the bay fishing
(b) a dying old man is in the boat
(c) a dog is in the boat
(d) Sunderstrom is in the boat
9. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
(a) a tennis ball rolling around on the desk
(b) a bobble-head figure lying on its side
(c) a fallen curtrain rod moved by the wind
(d) a broken casement rolling on a Coke bottle
10. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
(b) look for the pogo stick he could not find
(c) go racing with John Osbourne
(d) buy him some new socks
11. Where does John tell Peter the radiation sickness is now?
(a) in Canberra
(b) in Perth
(c) in Wellington
(d) in Tasmania
12. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) walking through the streets of Edmonds
(b) driving a convertible in Edmonds
(c) setting fire to Edmonds
(d) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
13. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
(a) a music box and a boomerang
(b) photographs and letters
(c) a pogo stick and a fishing rod
(d) a bracelet and a fishing rod
14. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
(a) his two trailer
(b) his pit crew
(c) a new car
(d) all his tools
15. Why do they conclude that the city around the Naval Yard shows almost no damage?
(a) because of anti-missile defenses
(b) because of its location
(c) because of a thermal inversion
(d) because its location is secret
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
2. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
3. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
4. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
5. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)