|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
(a) triple normal prices
(b) a gallon of fuel per pound
(c) nothing if they have no cash
(d) ten times what it was a year ago
2. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) use her for a shelter
(b) give her to the Brazilians
(c) sink her on the high seas
(d) put her in dry dock
3. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they are about three days late
(b) they have outdated equipment
(c) they have no way to get the facts
(d) they only broadcast rumors
4. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
(a) he tells her that they will all be together after death
(b) he tells her that the baby would suffer more than they
(c) he asks her to imagine the baby without her parents
(d) he tells her that angry people might try to shoot the baby
5. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) unlimited use of the OC
(b) a suite at a 4-star hotel
(c) a second liaison officer
(d) a Navy car and driver
6. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) drinking a lot
(b) raging at Peter
(c) digging up the garden to burn
(d) things that will be needed next year
7. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
(a) they have conflicting reports
(b) there are no radio stations in Cape Town
(c) there is still radio contact
(d) the Scorpion has not gone there
8. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(b) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
(c) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
(d) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
9. Why are there more cars on the road now?
(a) people are no longer saving fuel
(b) the government is giving away fuel
(c) people are trying to kill themselves in car accidents
(d) a new source of fuel is found
10. Where is the radiation sickness by August?
(a) South Africa and Uruguay
(b) Southern Argentina
(c) Sydney and Adelaide
(d) Cape of Good Hope
11. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) go racing with John Osbourne
(b) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
(c) buy him some new socks
(d) look for the pogo stick he could not find
12. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) unleaded fuel
(b) ether-alcohol mixture
(c) aviation fuel
(d) diesel fuel
13. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
(a) coordinator of Australian Civil Defense
(b) the commanding officer of the U.S. Naval forces in all areas
(c) the record holder for staying submerged
(d) a new father
14. Where are the most southerly cases now, according to John's update?
(a) Patagonia, Tahiti, and Madagascar
(b) Sierra Leon, Rio, and Manilla
(c) Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Auckland
(d) Kuala Lampur, Shanghai, and Panama city
15. What does Swain do without being seen?
(a) steals a gun from the commander's quarters
(b) hangs himself in the engine room
(c) gets out of the USS Scorpion and head for Edmonds
(d) sends food out the torpedo shaft in case someone is alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
2. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
3. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
4. What do they notice about most of the houses?
5. Besides the suicide pills and syringe, what does Peter bring home?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)