|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at the Columbia River
(b) at Seattle airport
(c) at Half Moon Bay
(d) at Santa Maria
2. How does John Osbourne finish in the first race of the Grand Prix?
(a) last and out of the competition
(b) second because of a blown tire
(c) second but with a damaged car
(d) in first place by a mile
3. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
(a) she is old and ugly but good company
(b) she taught him how to fish
(c) she made it possible for him to remain faithful and sober
(d) she did nothing except darn his socks
4. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) give her to the Brazilians
(b) sink her on the high seas
(c) use her for a shelter
(d) put her in dry dock
5. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
(a) on Peter's birthday
(b) in late June
(c) in the beginning of July
(d) the day the Scorpion returns
6. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
(a) lethal within one or two hours exposure
(b) lethal immediately upon exposure
(c) not high enough to be immediately lethal
(d) safe to be in for a week
7. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) around the world one last time
(b) down to Tasmania
(c) back to the United States
(d) under the ice at the Antarctic
8. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
(a) about two weeks
(b) about three days
(c) about three hours
(d) about a month
9. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
(b) look for the pogo stick he could not find
(c) buy him some new socks
(d) go racing with John Osbourne
10. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
(a) it is bright, cheerful, and unreal
(b) it looks like New York destroyed by the bombs
(c) it reminds him of his home in Mystic
(d) the woman in the painting looks like Sharon, his wife
11. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
(a) racing his Ferrari
(b) looking for a new race car
(c) repairing his Ferrari
(d) courting Moira
12. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
(a) a bobble-head figure lying on its side
(b) a fallen curtrain rod moved by the wind
(c) a broken casement rolling on a Coke bottle
(d) a tennis ball rolling around on the desk
13. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(a) San Francisco
14. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
(b) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
(c) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(d) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
15. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) a new sailboat
(b) a pogo stick
(c) tickets to the opera
(d) a boomerang
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Osbourne look forward to after the next submarine trip?
2. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
3. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
4. What does Swain do without being seen?
5. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)