|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) aviation fuel
(b) diesel fuel
(c) ether-alcohol mixture
(d) unleaded fuel
2. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he gets a big promotion
(b) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
(c) he can commute between home and work
(d) he will get his own command next
3. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
(a) he says he will drown himself
(b) he doesn't think he will die
(c) he has one of his own
(d) he wants to go like his family
4. How does John Osbourne finish in the first race of the Grand Prix?
(a) second but with a damaged car
(b) last and out of the competition
(c) second because of a blown tire
(d) in first place by a mile
5. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
(a) a dog is in the boat
(b) Swain is in the bay fishing
(c) a dying old man is in the boat
(d) Sunderstrom is in the boat
6. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the Scorpion has been refitted
(b) she is carrying his child
(c) the fishing season has been opened early
(d) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
7. Why are there more cars on the road now?
(a) people are no longer saving fuel
(b) the government is giving away fuel
(c) people are trying to kill themselves in car accidents
(d) a new source of fuel is found
8. What seems to increase the tolerance to radioactivity, by a few days?
9. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
(a) she made it possible for him to remain faithful and sober
(b) she is old and ugly but good company
(c) she taught him how to fish
(d) she did nothing except darn his socks
10. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) back to the United States
(b) down to Tasmania
(c) around the world one last time
(d) under the ice at the Antarctic
11. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a pogo stick
(b) a fishing rod
(c) a soccer ball
(d) a boomerang
12. What does he look for as a gift for his daughter?
(a) an Australian doll
(b) a pogo stick
(c) a set of puzzles
(d) a doll house
13. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
(a) shopping for gifts for his family
(b) back to the Holmes' bungalow
(c) to the farm with Moira
(d) to see John's Ferreri
14. What does Sunderstrom find that he cannot take back to the submarine?
(a) tapes of Buddy Holly
(b) bottles of Mountain Dew
(c) copies of Saturday Evening Post
(d) notes written by dying people
15. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
(a) it appears to be weakening
(b) it has slowed down
(c) it seems to be coming a little faster
(d) it looks like it will stop
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John keep his fear under control while on the submarine?
2. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
3. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
4. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
5. How does Peter explain the need for her to know about the pills?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)