|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of the news, what are Peter and Mary doing?
(a) riding their bicycles
(b) taking the baby to the beach
(c) discussing narcissus for the garden for next year
(d) planning a vacation
2. Where is Albury that has a suspected case of radiation sickness?
(a) about 200 miles north of Melbourne.
(b) about 200 miles west of Melbourne
(c) about 50 miles north of Melbourne
(d) about 100 miles north of Melbourne
3. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
(a) they agree not to talk
(b) they talk about next year
(c) they talk about the past
(d) they drink too much
4. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
(a) photographs and letters
(b) a bracelet and a fishing rod
(c) a music box and a boomerang
(d) a pogo stick and a fishing rod
5. What does he look for as a gift for his daughter?
(a) an Australian doll
(b) a set of puzzles
(c) a doll house
(d) a pogo stick
6. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) not much damage but no signs of life
(b) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
(c) most roofs blown off of houses
(d) all the paint peeled off the houses
7. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
(a) to see John's Ferreri
(b) to the farm with Moira
(c) back to the Holmes' bungalow
(d) shopping for gifts for his family
8. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
9. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very flippant
(b) very depressed
(c) very happy
(d) very ill
10. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a fishing rod
(b) a pogo stick
(c) a boomerang
(d) a soccer ball
11. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
(a) there night be a new source of energy
(b) there might be a human behind them
(c) there might be a clue about the war
(d) there might be a break in the fallout
12. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
(a) in late June
(b) on Peter's birthday
(c) in the beginning of July
(d) the day the Scorpion returns
13. Although Mary begins to understand, what does she continue to do?
(a) digging up the garden to burn
(b) things that will be needed next year
(c) drinking a lot
(d) raging at Peter
14. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at the Columbia River
(b) at Seattle airport
(c) at Half Moon Bay
(d) at Santa Maria
15. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
(a) he says he will drown himself
(b) he doesn't think he will die
(c) he has one of his own
(d) he wants to go like his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
2. Where does John tell Peter the radiation sickness is now?
3. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
4. Where is Edmonds?
5. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)