|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunderstrom find that he cannot take back to the submarine?
(a) notes written by dying people
(b) tapes of Buddy Holly
(c) bottles of Mountain Dew
(d) copies of Saturday Evening Post
2. How does John keep his fear under control while on the submarine?
(a) by thinking about his Ferrari
(b) by talking with Peter
(c) by concentrating on his work
(d) by drinking brandy
3. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) bottles of cheap wine
(b) the most expensive bottles of wine
(c) ashtrays and silverware
(d) free memberships
4. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
(a) there are no radio stations in Cape Town
(b) the Scorpion has not gone there
(c) there is still radio contact
(d) they have conflicting reports
5. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) back to the United States
(b) down to Tasmania
(c) under the ice at the Antarctic
(d) around the world one last time
6. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a soccer ball
(b) a boomerang
(c) a pogo stick
(d) a fishing rod
7. Where does John tell Peter the radiation sickness is now?
(a) in Wellington
(b) in Perth
(c) in Canberra
(d) in Tasmania
8. What does John Osbourne look forward to after the next submarine trip?
(a) drinking port with his uncle
(b) three months of auto racing
(c) asking Moira to marry him
(d) taking a road trip
9. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
(a) looking for a new race car
(b) racing his Ferrari
(c) courting Moira
(d) repairing his Ferrari
10. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
(a) to the farm with Moira
(b) shopping for gifts for his family
(c) to see John's Ferreri
(d) back to the Holmes' bungalow
11. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
12. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) he went to college there
(b) his girlfriend lives there
(c) it is his hometown
(d) it is near his hometown
13. What seems to increase the tolerance to radioactivity, by a few days?
14. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) a second liaison officer
(b) a suite at a 4-star hotel
(c) a Navy car and driver
(d) unlimited use of the OC
15. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) a pogo stick
(b) a new sailboat
(c) a boomerang
(d) tickets to the opera
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
2. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
3. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
4. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
5. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)