|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) the most expensive bottles of wine
(b) free memberships
(c) bottles of cheap wine
(d) ashtrays and silverware
2. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
(a) Sunderstrom is in the boat
(b) a dying old man is in the boat
(c) a dog is in the boat
(d) Swain is in the bay fishing
3. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
(a) not high enough to be immediately lethal
(b) lethal within one or two hours exposure
(c) safe to be in for a week
(d) lethal immediately upon exposure
4. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the Scorpion has been refitted
(b) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(c) she is carrying his child
(d) the fishing season has been opened early
5. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
(a) it looks like New York destroyed by the bombs
(b) the woman in the painting looks like Sharon, his wife
(c) it is bright, cheerful, and unreal
(d) it reminds him of his home in Mystic
6. Who says about Swain that if it had been him and the fishing was good that day, and it was his last day, he wouldn't come back either?
(d) Mr. Davidson
7. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he will get his own command next
(b) he can commute between home and work
(c) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
(d) he gets a big promotion
8. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) setting fire to Edmonds
(b) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
(c) walking through the streets of Edmonds
(d) driving a convertible in Edmonds
9. Besides the suicide pills and syringe, what does Peter bring home?
(a) a bouquet of roses
(b) new bicycle tires
(c) a green playpen
(d) a little red wagon
10. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
(a) they are taking a smoke break
(b) they are unexpectedly surprised
(c) they are trying to hide
(d) they are having a party
11. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) look for the pogo stick he could not find
(b) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
(c) go racing with John Osbourne
(d) buy him some new socks
12. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) sink her on the high seas
(b) give her to the Brazilians
(c) put her in dry dock
(d) use her for a shelter
13. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
(a) in a radiation suit
(b) in a mini-sub
(c) in a space suit
(d) in a plastic bubble
14. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(c) San Francisco
15. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very depressed
(b) very flippant
(c) very ill
(d) very happy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the radiation sickness by August?
2. What does Sunderstrom find that he cannot take back to the submarine?
3. After the Pastoral Club, what do John and Peter have?
4. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
5. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)