|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he look for as a gift for his daughter?
(a) a doll house
(b) a pogo stick
(c) an Australian doll
(d) a set of puzzles
2. Where is Edmonds?
(a) inside Seattle
(b) fifteen miles east of Seattle
(c) fifteen miles north of Seattle
(d) fifteen miles south of Seattle
3. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
(a) back to the Holmes' bungalow
(b) shopping for gifts for his family
(c) to see John's Ferreri
(d) to the farm with Moira
4. Where are the most southerly cases now, according to John's update?
(a) Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Auckland
(b) Kuala Lampur, Shanghai, and Panama city
(c) Patagonia, Tahiti, and Madagascar
(d) Sierra Leon, Rio, and Manilla
5. Where do they think there are no people living?
(a) Papua New Guinea
(d) Tierra del Fuego
6. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
(a) the woman in the painting looks like Sharon, his wife
(b) it reminds him of his home in Mystic
(c) it looks like New York destroyed by the bombs
(d) it is bright, cheerful, and unreal
7. Where is the radiation sickness by August?
(a) Sydney and Adelaide
(b) Southern Argentina
(c) South Africa and Uruguay
(d) Cape of Good Hope
8. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
(b) setting fire to Edmonds
(c) walking through the streets of Edmonds
(d) driving a convertible in Edmonds
9. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
(a) about two weeks
(b) about three days
(c) about a month
(d) about three hours
10. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
(a) he tells her that they will all be together after death
(b) he tells her that the baby would suffer more than they
(c) he asks her to imagine the baby without her parents
(d) he tells her that angry people might try to shoot the baby
11. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at Santa Maria
(b) at Half Moon Bay
(c) at Seattle airport
(d) at the Columbia River
12. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
13. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a pogo stick
(b) a soccer ball
(c) a boomerang
(d) a fishing rod
14. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
(b) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
(c) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(d) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
15. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
(a) it is too far to the mountain streams
(b) he cannot be that far away from the Scorpion
(c) fishing but the season doesn't start until September 1st
(d) he has no fishing gear
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
2. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
3. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
4. What does the USS Scorpion discover looking at San Francisco?
5. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)