|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) unlimited use of the OC
(b) a suite at a 4-star hotel
(c) a second liaison officer
(d) a Navy car and driver
2. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
3. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very flippant
(b) very depressed
(c) very ill
(d) very happy
4. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) a pogo stick
(b) a boomerang
(c) a new sailboat
(d) tickets to the opera
5. Besides the suicide pills and syringe, what does Peter bring home?
(a) a little red wagon
(b) a green playpen
(c) new bicycle tires
(d) a bouquet of roses
6. After the Pastoral Club, what do John and Peter have?
(a) a wild and dangerous ride in the Ferrari
(b) a serious discussion about life and death
(c) another round of drinks at the hotel
(d) scones and English tea
7. What does Swain do without being seen?
(a) hangs himself in the engine room
(b) sends food out the torpedo shaft in case someone is alive
(c) steals a gun from the commander's quarters
(d) gets out of the USS Scorpion and head for Edmonds
8. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
(a) he cannot be that far away from the Scorpion
(b) fishing but the season doesn't start until September 1st
(c) it is too far to the mountain streams
(d) he has no fishing gear
9. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
(a) August 17th is the shortest day of the year
(b) August 17th is John's birthday
(c) August 17th is too cold
(d) August 17th may be too late
10. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
(a) the nearest bar
(b) the National Gallery
(c) back to the Scorpion
(d) to a hotel room
11. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
(a) a pogo stick and a fishing rod
(b) photographs and letters
(c) a music box and a boomerang
(d) a bracelet and a fishing rod
12. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) back to the United States
(b) down to Tasmania
(c) under the ice at the Antarctic
(d) around the world one last time
13. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a soccer ball
(b) a boomerang
(c) a fishing rod
(d) a pogo stick
14. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
(a) go stay with Mary and Jennifer
(b) look for the pogo stick he could not find
(c) buy him some new socks
(d) go racing with John Osbourne
15. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
(a) in a space suit
(b) in a plastic bubble
(c) in a mini-sub
(d) in a radiation suit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
2. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
3. Why are there more cars on the road now?
4. Meanwhile, what is John Osbourne doing?
5. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)