|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) the most expensive bottles of wine
(b) ashtrays and silverware
(c) bottles of cheap wine
(d) free memberships
2. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
(a) he wants to go like his family
(b) he says he will drown himself
(c) he has one of his own
(d) he doesn't think he will die
3. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
(a) triple normal prices
(b) nothing if they have no cash
(c) a gallon of fuel per pound
(d) ten times what it was a year ago
4. What does Sunderstrom find that he cannot take back to the submarine?
(a) notes written by dying people
(b) copies of Saturday Evening Post
(c) tapes of Buddy Holly
(d) bottles of Mountain Dew
5. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they only broadcast rumors
(b) they have outdated equipment
(c) they have no way to get the facts
(d) they are about three days late
6. What special fuel does John need for his Ferrari?
(a) aviation fuel
(b) ether-alcohol mixture
(c) unleaded fuel
(d) diesel fuel
7. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
(a) there might be a break in the fallout
(b) there night be a new source of energy
(c) there might be a human behind them
(d) there might be a clue about the war
8. Where do they think there are no people living?
(a) Papua New Guinea
(d) Tierra del Fuego
9. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
(a) the commanding officer of the U.S. Naval forces in all areas
(b) the record holder for staying submerged
(c) a new father
(d) coordinator of Australian Civil Defense
10. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) a second liaison officer
(b) unlimited use of the OC
(c) a Navy car and driver
(d) a suite at a 4-star hotel
11. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the fishing season has been opened early
(b) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(c) she is carrying his child
(d) the Scorpion has been refitted
12. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) he went to college there
(b) it is his hometown
(c) it is near his hometown
(d) his girlfriend lives there
13. What does a radiation reading of thirty in the red mean?
(a) lethal immediately upon exposure
(b) lethal within one or two hours exposure
(c) not high enough to be immediately lethal
(d) safe to be in for a week
14. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
(a) she is hungry
(b) she is teething and running a fever
(c) she wants to go to the beach
(d) she hates the playpen
15. How does Peter explain the need for her to know about the pills?
(a) he says she needs to know what others are doing
(b) he says it is easier than radiation sickness
(c) he says he might not return
(d) he says he might get too sick to administer them
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, where do Dwight and Moira go?
2. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
3. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
4. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
5. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)