|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the most southerly cases now, according to John's update?
(a) Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Auckland
(b) Kuala Lampur, Shanghai, and Panama city
(c) Patagonia, Tahiti, and Madagascar
(d) Sierra Leon, Rio, and Manilla
2. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
3. What are Peter and Mary doing now?
(a) going to the mountains to ski
(b) planning on having another baby
(c) digging a radiation shelter
(d) laying out flower beds for spring
4. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
(a) there might be a human behind them
(b) there might be a break in the fallout
(c) there night be a new source of energy
(d) there might be a clue about the war
5. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) give her to the Brazilians
(b) put her in dry dock
(c) use her for a shelter
(d) sink her on the high seas
6. What seems to increase the tolerance to radioactivity, by a few days?
7. Where do they think there are no people living?
(b) Papua New Guinea
(d) Tierra del Fuego
8. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
(a) he tells her that they will all be together after death
(b) he tells her that the baby would suffer more than they
(c) he asks her to imagine the baby without her parents
(d) he tells her that angry people might try to shoot the baby
9. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
(a) it looks like it will stop
(b) it appears to be weakening
(c) it has slowed down
(d) it seems to be coming a little faster
10. What are they giving away at the Pastoral Club now?
(a) ashtrays and silverware
(b) bottles of cheap wine
(c) free memberships
(d) the most expensive bottles of wine
11. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) he went to college there
(b) his girlfriend lives there
(c) it is his hometown
(d) it is near his hometown
12. What impractical thing does Mary want Peter to buy?
(a) a new boat
(b) a lawn mower
(c) a fur coat
(d) a light plane
13. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
(b) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(c) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
(d) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
14. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
(b) he can commute between home and work
(c) he will get his own command next
(d) he gets a big promotion
15. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) under the ice at the Antarctic
(b) back to the United States
(c) around the world one last time
(d) down to Tasmania
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
2. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
3. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
4. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
5. What does Swain do without being seen?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)