|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
(d) San Francisco
2. How does he convince Mary that taking Jennifer's life might be the best thing to do?
(a) he tells her that the baby would suffer more than they
(b) he tells her that they will all be together after death
(c) he tells her that angry people might try to shoot the baby
(d) he asks her to imagine the baby without her parents
3. What living thing will outlast people by about a year?
4. What is Dwight's condition when he arrives at Moira's house?
(a) very ill
(b) very happy
(c) very depressed
(d) very flippant
5. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at Half Moon Bay
(b) at the Columbia River
(c) at Seattle airport
(d) at Santa Maria
6. Where does John tell Peter the radiation sickness is now?
(a) in Perth
(b) in Tasmania
(c) in Canberra
(d) in Wellington
7. Why are they not sure about the radiation sickness in Cape Town?
(a) there are no radio stations in Cape Town
(b) they have conflicting reports
(c) there is still radio contact
(d) the Scorpion has not gone there
8. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
(a) all his tools
(b) his two trailer
(c) his pit crew
(d) a new car
9. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) walking through the streets of Edmonds
(b) setting fire to Edmonds
(c) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
(d) driving a convertible in Edmonds
10. What impractical thing does Mary want Peter to buy?
(a) a light plane
(b) a new boat
(c) a lawn mower
(d) a fur coat
11. What do they notice about most of the houses?
(a) not much damage but no signs of life
(b) damage that looks like a cyclone came through
(c) all the paint peeled off the houses
(d) most roofs blown off of houses
12. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
(b) he gets a big promotion
(c) he can commute between home and work
(d) he will get his own command next
13. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
(a) in late June
(b) the day the Scorpion returns
(c) on Peter's birthday
(d) in the beginning of July
14. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they have outdated equipment
(b) they only broadcast rumors
(c) they have no way to get the facts
(d) they are about three days late
15. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
(a) ten times what it was a year ago
(b) a gallon of fuel per pound
(c) nothing if they have no cash
(d) triple normal prices
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
2. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
3. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
4. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
5. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)