|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) driving a convertible in Edmonds
(b) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
(c) walking through the streets of Edmonds
(d) setting fire to Edmonds
2. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a soccer ball
(b) a boomerang
(c) a pogo stick
(d) a fishing rod
3. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the Scorpion has been refitted
(b) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(c) she is carrying his child
(d) the fishing season has been opened early
4. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) use her for a shelter
(b) put her in dry dock
(c) give her to the Brazilians
(d) sink her on the high seas
5. After the Pastoral Club, what do John and Peter have?
(a) a serious discussion about life and death
(b) another round of drinks at the hotel
(c) scones and English tea
(d) a wild and dangerous ride in the Ferrari
6. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
(a) they are unexpectedly surprised
(b) they are taking a smoke break
(c) they are trying to hide
(d) they are having a party
7. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
(a) the record holder for staying submerged
(b) coordinator of Australian Civil Defense
(c) a new father
(d) the commanding officer of the U.S. Naval forces in all areas
8. Where is Albury that has a suspected case of radiation sickness?
(a) about 200 miles north of Melbourne.
(b) about 200 miles west of Melbourne
(c) about 100 miles north of Melbourne
(d) about 50 miles north of Melbourne
9. How does John Osbourne finish in the first race of the Grand Prix?
(a) in first place by a mile
(b) second but with a damaged car
(c) last and out of the competition
(d) second because of a blown tire
10. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at Santa Maria
(b) at Half Moon Bay
(c) at Seattle airport
(d) at the Columbia River
11. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
(a) in a mini-sub
(b) in a radiation suit
(c) in a plastic bubble
(d) in a space suit
12. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) a boomerang
(b) a pogo stick
(c) tickets to the opera
(d) a new sailboat
13. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they have outdated equipment
(b) they only broadcast rumors
(c) they are about three days late
(d) they have no way to get the facts
14. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
(a) in the beginning of July
(b) in late June
(c) the day the Scorpion returns
(d) on Peter's birthday
15. Besides the suicide pills and syringe, what does Peter bring home?
(a) a green playpen
(b) a bouquet of roses
(c) a little red wagon
(d) new bicycle tires
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John tell Peter the radiation sickness is now?
2. What does the USS Scorpion discover looking at San Francisco?
3. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
4. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
5. Where are strange radio signals coming from?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)