|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) sink her on the high seas
(b) use her for a shelter
(c) put her in dry dock
(d) give her to the Brazilians
2. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) a suite at a 4-star hotel
(b) a second liaison officer
(c) a Navy car and driver
(d) unlimited use of the OC
3. What does John Osbourne tell Dwight?
(a) he knows a secret place where no one ever goes
(b) under the circumstances he should go fishing anyway
(c) the Australian Game and Wildlife is very strict
(d) they only give you a ticket and confiscate your fish
4. What good news does Moira tell Dwight?
(a) the Grand Prix is earlier this year
(b) the fishing season has been opened early
(c) she is carrying his child
(d) the Scorpion has been refitted
5. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
(a) August 17th may be too late
(b) August 17th is the shortest day of the year
(c) August 17th is John's birthday
(d) August 17th is too cold
6. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
(a) they are about three days late
(b) they have outdated equipment
(c) they have no way to get the facts
(d) they only broadcast rumors
7. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) driving a convertible in Edmonds
(b) setting fire to Edmonds
(c) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
(d) walking through the streets of Edmonds
8. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
(a) he has no fishing gear
(b) he cannot be that far away from the Scorpion
(c) fishing but the season doesn't start until September 1st
(d) it is too far to the mountain streams
9. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a soccer ball
(b) a fishing rod
(c) a boomerang
(d) a pogo stick
10. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
(a) they are having a party
(b) they are trying to hide
(c) they are taking a smoke break
(d) they are unexpectedly surprised
11. In spite of the news, what are Peter and Mary doing?
(a) taking the baby to the beach
(b) riding their bicycles
(c) planning a vacation
(d) discussing narcissus for the garden for next year
12. After the Gallery, where does Dwight go?
(a) back to the Holmes' bungalow
(b) to see John's Ferreri
(c) shopping for gifts for his family
(d) to the farm with Moira
13. What does Swain do without being seen?
(a) steals a gun from the commander's quarters
(b) hangs himself in the engine room
(c) gets out of the USS Scorpion and head for Edmonds
(d) sends food out the torpedo shaft in case someone is alive
14. How does Peter explain the need for her to know about the pills?
(a) he says she needs to know what others are doing
(b) he says he might get too sick to administer them
(c) he says it is easier than radiation sickness
(d) he says he might not return
15. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) a boomerang
(b) tickets to the opera
(c) a pogo stick
(d) a new sailboat
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dwight and Moira avoid thinking about the end?
2. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
3. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
4. How long do they estimate Swain will live?
5. Why does Swain not take the gun offered him?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)