Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
2. What is John's most recent prognosis for the radiation cloud?
(a) it appears to be weakening
(b) it seems to be coming a little faster
(c) it has slowed down
(d) it looks like it will stop
3. What does Swain do without being seen?
(a) gets out of the USS Scorpion and head for Edmonds
(b) sends food out the torpedo shaft in case someone is alive
(c) steals a gun from the commander's quarters
(d) hangs himself in the engine room
4. What does Dwight order the captain of the USS Swordfish to do with his submarine?
(a) give her to the Brazilians
(b) sink her on the high seas
(c) put her in dry dock
(d) use her for a shelter
5. What does John get from the widow of a driver killed in the race?
(a) all his tools
(b) a new car
(c) his pit crew
(d) his two trailer
6. What is the reason Jennifer keeps crying?
(a) she is hungry
(b) she is teething and running a fever
(c) she hates the playpen
(d) she wants to go to the beach
7. Why do they conclude that the city around the Naval Yard shows almost no damage?
(a) because of its location
(b) because its location is secret
(c) because of anti-missile defenses
(d) because of a thermal inversion
8. In spite of the news, what are Peter and Mary doing?
(a) planning a vacation
(b) taking the baby to the beach
(c) discussing narcissus for the garden for next year
(d) riding their bicycles
9. Where is Albury that has a suspected case of radiation sickness?
(a) about 200 miles west of Melbourne
(b) about 100 miles north of Melbourne
(c) about 200 miles north of Melbourne.
(d) about 50 miles north of Melbourne
10. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
(a) back to the United States
(b) under the ice at the Antarctic
(c) down to Tasmania
(d) around the world one last time
11. How does Lt. Sunderstrom go ashore at Elliott Bay?
(a) in a mini-sub
(b) in a plastic bubble
(c) in a space suit
(d) in a radiation suit
12. Where is the radiation sickness by August?
(a) South Africa and Uruguay
(b) Cape of Good Hope
(c) Sydney and Adelaide
(d) Southern Argentina
13. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
(a) a bobble-head figure lying on its side
(b) a tennis ball rolling around on the desk
(c) a fallen curtrain rod moved by the wind
(d) a broken casement rolling on a Coke bottle
14. Why are there more cars on the road now?
(a) a new source of fuel is found
(b) people are no longer saving fuel
(c) the government is giving away fuel
(d) people are trying to kill themselves in car accidents
15. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
(a) at the Columbia River
(b) at Half Moon Bay
(c) at Seattle airport
(d) at Santa Maria
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want the Grand Prix race moved up to August 10th?
2. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
3. How does John tell Peter the radiation sickness goes?
4. What does the group of dead people in the gazebo look like?
5. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)