|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the motorboat the sub spots?
(a) a dog is in the boat
(b) Sunderstrom is in the boat
(c) a dying old man is in the boat
(d) Swain is in the bay fishing
2. Who starts the push to get the fishing season moved back in Australia?
3. What is Moira's surprise for Dwight?
(a) a boomerang
(b) tickets to the opera
(c) a new sailboat
(d) a pogo stick
4. Why does Seaman Swain want to see Edmonds through the periscope?
(a) he went to college there
(b) it is his hometown
(c) his girlfriend lives there
(d) it is near his hometown
5. What gift does he buy for his son?
(a) a fishing rod
(b) a soccer ball
(c) a pogo stick
(d) a boomerang
6. What amenity is given to Dwight?
(a) a suite at a 4-star hotel
(b) a Navy car and driver
(c) unlimited use of the OC
(d) a second liaison officer
7. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
(a) a music box and a boomerang
(b) a bracelet and a fishing rod
(c) a pogo stick and a fishing rod
(d) photographs and letters
8. By radio message, what does Dwight Towers learn he has now become?
(a) a new father
(b) the commanding officer of the U.S. Naval forces in all areas
(c) the record holder for staying submerged
(d) coordinator of Australian Civil Defense
9. Where does the crew of the Scorpion see Swain?
(a) driving a convertible in Edmonds
(b) walking through the streets of Edmonds
(c) setting fire to Edmonds
(d) swinging from the flagpole in Edmonds
10. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she is going to ask to go with him
(c) she is planning a party for his return
(d) she is taking a secretarial course
11. What does Dwight plan to tell Sharon about Moira?
(a) she did nothing except darn his socks
(b) she taught him how to fish
(c) she is old and ugly but good company
(d) she made it possible for him to remain faithful and sober
12. Where do they think there are no people living?
(c) Tierra del Fuego
(d) Papua New Guinea
13. When there is meat at the butcher shop, how much do they have to pay?
(a) nothing if they have no cash
(b) a gallon of fuel per pound
(c) triple normal prices
(d) ten times what it was a year ago
14. Why do they want to check out the radio signals?
(a) there might be a clue about the war
(b) there night be a new source of energy
(c) there might be a human behind them
(d) there might be a break in the fallout
15. What does Sunderstrom find that he cannot take back to the submarine?
(a) notes written by dying people
(b) tapes of Buddy Holly
(c) copies of Saturday Evening Post
(d) bottles of Mountain Dew
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the pinpoint the location of the Seattle transmission?
2. Why is the news on the radio not accurate, according to John?
3. Where is the radiation sickness by August?
4. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
5. Where does Dwight want to take the USS Scorpion?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)