|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long as it been since Peter had an assignment?
(a) seventeen months
(b) a year and a half
(c) seven months
(d) a year
2. Why is the USS Scorpion able to sail in spite of the fuel shortage?
(a) it is nuclear powered
(b) it runs on coal
(c) it has large reserve tanks
(d) it makes fuel from sea water
3. What is at the Pastoral Club that Sir Froude wants to help eliminate?
(a) the girlie floorshow
(b) uncouth new members
(c) over three thousand bottles of vintage port
(d) the antique furniture
4. What sober reflection to the men on the Scorpion have about Cairns, Moresby or Darwin?
(a) only dogs and wild animals will live there
(b) they will be the last humans to ever see them
(c) the cities will fall into the sea
(d) they will return to collect the dead
5. Where is the USS Swordfish, another nuclear powered submarine?
(a) in the Persian Gulf
(b) off the coast of South America
(c) off the coast of France
(d) down in the Antarctic
6. What was the final conclusion about who started the war?
(a) the rresponsibles, small nuclear capable countries
(b) large industrial companies
(c) the Israelies and the Arabs
(d) the Chinese and the Russians
7. Why does Mr. Davidson think people are not migrating south ahead of the radiation?
(a) not enough publicity had time to get to everyone
(b) they have no idea where to go
(c) they think the radiation will weaken quickly
(d) they do not really believe it is going to happen to them
8. What does Moira tell Dwight her occupation is?
(b) drinking alcohol
9. How does Dwight want to think about people in the Northern hemisphere?
(a) that they have gone underground
(b) that they are all alive
(c) that the war never happened
(d) that they are all headed south
10. Where was Peter stationed when the war started?
(a) on board the U.S.S. Scorpion
(b) at a radar station in Tasmania
(c) on board the H.M.A.S. Anzac
(d) at the Naval Base in Melbourne
11. Although radiation has reached Townsville, northern Australia, what is the situation?
(a) the cases are all light and survivable
(b) there are still people alive there
(c) medical teams are treating the sick
(d) the winds have shifted back to the north
12. What does Dwight encourage Moira to do?
(a) to volunteer at a hsopital
(b) to get a job or go to trade school
(c) to go to Alcoholics anonymous
(d) to plan their meeting after the next voyage
13. How did the war escalate?
(a) the nuclear fallout began affecting other countries
(b) no one really knows
(c) when Japan joined the conflict
(d) other countries seeing a chance to gain territory
14. After the war, where was a conference held to assess the situation?
(a) Christ Church, New Zealand
(b) Falmouth, Australia
(c) Sydney, Australia
(d) Wellington, New Zealand
15. When had Dwight attended a briefing about the threat of war?
(a) one month before it broke out
(b) the day it started
(c) just a week before it started
(d) as early as a year ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moira offer to do for Dwight?
2. What does Moira call the submarine trips into the Northern hemisphere?
3. What is Mary's chief concern at this point?
4. What kind of car does Peter have?
5. Why does the USS Swordfish leave Rio for Montevideo?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)