1. Describe briefly what the story is about.
It is about how a few people who are the last people on Earth and are facing the certain death that is coming their way due to radiation.
2. How does the story begin?
Peter and Mary Holmes are giving a barbecue for a group of friends.
3. Explain why Peter, a navy lieutenant-commander, has not worked for the past seven months.
Most of the Australian fleet is out of commission because of the shortage of fuel.
4. Why have people grown accustomed to the radiation coming their way and just go about their regular business?
The war ended one year ago. The people have all adjusted to the subsequent shortages and life goes on. After a year, the threat seems less urgent. There is an air about many that it may not come at all.
5. Tell what is known about the global nuclear war.
The war was a chain reaction of bombings that began in an isolated way and grew to involve all the superpowers deploying nuclear bombs. It lasted 37 days.
This section contains 1,934 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)