|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs Dwight about one painting?
(a) it reminds him of his home in Mystic
(b) it is bright, cheerful, and unreal
(c) it looks like New York destroyed by the bombs
(d) the woman in the painting looks like Sharon, his wife
2. Why can Dwight not go trout fishing?
(a) it is too far to the mountain streams
(b) he has no fishing gear
(c) he cannot be that far away from the Scorpion
(d) fishing but the season doesn't start until September 1st
3. What are Peter and Mary doing now?
(a) going to the mountains to ski
(b) laying out flower beds for spring
(c) planning on having another baby
(d) digging a radiation shelter
4. When do Broken Hill and Perth go out because of the radiation?
(a) on Peter's birthday
(b) in late June
(c) in the beginning of July
(d) the day the Scorpion returns
5. Under what terms does Peter agree to stay on as Dwight's liaison officer?
(a) he will get his own command next
(b) he can commute between home and work
(c) he gets a big promotion
(d) he can bring his family to live at the Naval yard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do to protect the baby from the measles?
2. How long does Peter say the next trip of the Scorpion will probably take?
3. What is the fantasy Dwight expresses about his plans?
4. How long as it been since Peter had an assignment?
5. What is at the Pastoral Club that Sir Froude wants to help eliminate?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)