|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John Osbourne assigned to the USS Scorpion?
(a) as medical officer to care for injured
(b) as communications officer to translate Australian speech
(c) as morale officer to entertain the sailors
(d) as science officer to test the levels of radiation
2. What had the Swordfish done that everyone was talking about?
(a) broken the ice at the South Pole
(b) sunk a Russian nuclear sub
(c) It pulled into its home port and found no one alive
(d) diffused a nuclear bomb that had not exploded
3. What are the people of Melbourne doing to cope with the reality of pending death?
(a) attending church services
(b) having large family reunions
(c) pretending the threat does not exist
(d) having boisterous, uninhibited and lighthearted parties
4. Why does the USS Swordfish not come to Australia?
(a) it has a leak in the hull and connot submerge
(b) it got contaminated while not submerged
(c) its fuel reactor is broken
(d) it is carrying a deadly disease
5. What assignment does Peter receive?
(a) commander of the H.M.A.S Melbourne
(b) liaison officer on the USS Scorpion
(c) paymaster for the Royal Australian Navy
(d) communications officer on the USS Swordfish
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moira and Dwight meet next, what does she tell him?
2. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
3. What does Moira decide to do while Dwight is at sea?
4. What does Moira call the submarine trips into the Northern hemisphere?
5. Why does Mr. Davidson think people are not migrating south ahead of the radiation?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)