|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prime Minister say they want from Dwight and his crew?
(a) to have a detailed report ready
(b) to find some life in the north
(c) to set some new endurance records
(d) to return in good health
2. What does Sunderstrom find that he cannot take back to the submarine?
(a) bottles of Mountain Dew
(b) copies of Saturday Evening Post
(c) tapes of Buddy Holly
(d) notes written by dying people
3. What objects does Dwight hold onto to maintain his ties to his family?
(a) photographs and letters
(b) a bracelet and a fishing rod
(c) a music box and a boomerang
(d) a pogo stick and a fishing rod
4. Why does Peter not take the car to Melbourne?
(a) the car refuses to start
(b) the car needs some new parts
(c) the tires are flat
(d) there is very little gasoline left in the country
5. After the war, where was a conference held to assess the situation?
(a) Wellington, New Zealand
(b) Falmouth, Australia
(c) Christ Church, New Zealand
(d) Sydney, Australia
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter ride his bicycle to Mr. Paul's farm?
2. Why is John Osbourne assigned to the USS Scorpion?
3. What does Dwight say is coming in very evenly all around the world?
4. In church on Sunday, what does Dwight think about?
5. What is the source of the mysterious radio signal Sunderstrom is looking for?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)