|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Peter rigged up to carry the baby or groceries?
(a) a little red wagon
(b) a two-wheel carriage for the back of his bicycle
(c) a canvas backpack
(d) a four-wheel buggy
2. How does Dwight want to think about people in the Northern hemisphere?
(a) that they are all headed south
(b) that they have gone underground
(c) that they are all alive
(d) that the war never happened
3. What does Dwight encourage Moira to do?
(a) to volunteer at a hsopital
(b) to get a job or go to trade school
(c) to go to Alcoholics anonymous
(d) to plan their meeting after the next voyage
4. Why does Moira think going to school is ridiculous?
(a) she never liked going to school
(b) she is too old to learn
(c) there are no jobs anymore
(d) there will be no time to use what she learns
5. How did the war escalate?
(a) no one really knows
(b) other countries seeing a chance to gain territory
(c) the nuclear fallout began affecting other countries
(d) when Japan joined the conflict
Short Answer Questions
1. What social gathering have Peter and Mary just hosted as the story opens?
2. What does Moira tell Dwight her occupation is?
3. Why does Peter not hold out much hope for a naval assignment?
4. What does Moira do in Melbourne?
5. What has happened at the outset of the novel?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)