1. What has happened at the outset of the novel?
(a) the people of Melbourne, Australia, hold car races
(b) the USS Scorpion is lost at sea
(c) news media reports a pending nuclear war
(d) nuclear destruction of the Northern hemisphere
2. When does the story take place?
3. What is headed for the Southern hemisphere?
(a) the entire U.S. naval fleet
(b) planes carrying nuclear bombs
(c) radiation fallout
(d) guided missiles from the North
4. What will happen when the radiation covers the Southern hemisphere?
(a) it will be safe to head north
(b) rabbits and dogs will die first
(c) global warming will cause floods
(d) everyone on Earth will be dead
5. Where do Lt. Commander Peter Holmes of the Royal Australian Navy, his wife Mary, and baby daughter Jennifer live?
(a) in a flat over a pharmacy
(b) on the Navy Base at Flamouth
(c) in a bungalow not far from Falmouth, Australia
(d) in a hotel in Melbourne
This section contains 5,477 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)