1. What has happened at the outset of the novel?
(a) the people of Melbourne, Australia, hold car races
(b) the USS Scorpion is lost at sea
(c) nuclear destruction of the Northern hemisphere
(d) news media reports a pending nuclear war
2. When does the story take place?
3. What is headed for the Southern hemisphere?
(a) planes carrying nuclear bombs
(b) guided missiles from the North
(c) the entire U.S. naval fleet
(d) radiation fallout
4. What will happen when the radiation covers the Southern hemisphere?
(a) it will be safe to head north
(b) global warming will cause floods
(c) everyone on Earth will be dead
(d) rabbits and dogs will die first
5. Where do Lt. Commander Peter Holmes of the Royal Australian Navy, his wife Mary, and baby daughter Jennifer live?
(a) on the Navy Base at Flamouth
(b) in a bungalow not far from Falmouth, Australia
(c) in a hotel in Melbourne
(d) in a flat over a pharmacy
This section contains 5,477 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)