Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should writers focus on when writing travel pieces?
2. Where did Zinsser learn how to write?
3. What do people forget about writing?
4. Writers should always look for ________________.
5. His article was supposed to be about his impressions of salt caravans, why didn't he write more about this?
Essay Topic 1
Choosing the right words is a tedious process. How often did you find yourself nitpicking over the right words? Did the exercises in the class help you come to the realization about finding the correct words? What was on aspect of word searching that you found to be fun, or uninteresting?
Essay Topic 2
What is clutter within an article and how does Zinsser suggest writers cut it out? Are there times when clutter would be a good think to have within a sentence or paragraph? Was it hard for you to recognize clutter within your own writing?
Essay Topic 3
What is the bracket method? Do you find this method useful? Compare it to crossing out.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)