Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should writers focus on when writing travel pieces?
2. Where did Zinsser learn how to write?
3. What do people forget about writing?
4. Writers should always look for ________________.
5. His article was supposed to be about his impressions of salt caravans, why didn't he write more about this?
What was your definition of literature before reading this book? Has it changed or is it the same? Explain why or why not.
What do you think about Zinsser's point of view on the audience? Who does he feel is more important? Do you agree that a writer should ignore their potential audience and focus solely on pleasing themselves first? Why or why not?
What are some industries that use corporate-speak or jargon in the majority of their writing? Why have these industries continued to use the same type of terrible writing? What can a person in the industry do to change this? Why would they be scared to change the status quo?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)