|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinsser make sure his paragraphs do?
2. Why should companies learn to produce better writing?
3. What advice does Zinsser give to employees who want to change business writing?
4. What stops Americans from writing memoirs?
5. Where does a writer need to start to get his or her voice discovered?
Essay Topic 1
Rewrite the following sentence into three good leads: The cat jumped onto the fence.
Essay Topic 2
What is the bracket method? Do you find this method useful? Compare it to crossing out.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think about Zinsser's attitude towards writing, especially in terms of his reaction to the doctor that loves to write at the beginning of the book? At times it feels as though he is all business and no fun. Do you find writing a chore or a pleasure?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)