|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people need to understand about science?
2. How is humor used in writing nonfiction?
3. Why do structured classes miss the point of teaching good writing?
4. What is a major problem of business writing?
5. Where does a writer need to start to get his or her voice discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of writing should not be changed and why? What are some ways to better industry standards, where wording needs to remain uniform?
Essay Topic 2
When choosing a style of writing, what do you look for first? Do you think about the tone you want to have, the overall feel of the article, the way you want the reader to receive the article? Explain your thought process on approaching style.
Essay Topic 3
Timing is important in humor writing because the reader should always be surprised. What is another thing to consider when writing humorously? How does humor evolve? Does it evolve?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)