|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a misconception about writers and scientists?
2. What is a second approach Zinsser recommends that complements the first approach mentioned?
3. What do people forget about writing?
4. Why do criticism writers have to be at a higher level than other writers?
5. How is humor used in writing nonfiction?
Essay Topic 1
What is the bracket method? Do you find this method useful? Compare it to crossing out.
Essay Topic 2
Writing as well as you can is hard. What has been the hardest part about writing as well as you could for this class? Was it the editing? The bracketing? Hearing your peers responses or responding to your peers? Evaluate your experience in the class and explain whether it was positive or negative.
Essay Topic 3
What are ways that politicians can better their speech writing style? What are some common political cliches you have heard recently? What is it about cliches that tend to always make it into speeches? Touch on human emotion with your response.
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)