|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do readers generally like knowing about athletes' personal lives?
(a) Yes, they want all the information out there.
(b) Either way, it doesn't really matter.
(c) Only when it pertains to athletes' outlooks on the sport.
(d) No, they just want to see the athletes play their game.
2. What is the biggest fear that nonfiction writers have?
(a) Not being able to sell their story that they worked so hard on.
(b) Not being able to bring off an assignment and get it dont with any justice.
(c) Having their computer break, mid story, without having saved a word.
(d) Having people laugh at their article, that wasn't a humorous piece.
3. Why doesn't Zinsser teach people how to get published?
(a) He wants people to learn that themselves as part of a growing experience.
(b) He does not want any competition.
(c) Because he doesn't really know what editors want.
(d) Because he doesn't know how to get people published.
4. What approach to a place should writers take?
(a) Reading other travel pieces and compare them.
(b) To go around asking the locals questions.
(c) To go within a place and see how it impacts the writer.
(d) Just writing ambiguously.
5. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
(b) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(c) No, it has gotten worse.
(d) No, it is the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zinsser's preferred method for interviewing?
2. What is different about every writer's voice?
3. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
4. Who do authors please first with their writing?
5. Why is it important for writers to stick to industry standards?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)