|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
(a) Online writing.
(b) In English class.
(c) Corporate memos or technical writing.
(d) In the newspaper.
2. Why should companies learn to produce better writing?
(a) To appeal to educators.
(b) To produce more writing jobs.
(c) In a capitalistic world, there is always competition and good writing reduces it.
(d) To get more clients to understand their terms.
3. How is humor used in writing nonfiction?
(a) It is used to make fun of people without them every knowing.
(b) It is used to practice jokes for stand up comedians.
(c) It is never used. Nonfiction should always be serious.
(d) It is used to bring out points that cannot be made in a straight forward manner.
4. What is an example of American television shows that use humor to talk about serious issues?
(a) The Evening News.
(b) The Today Show.
(c) The View.
(d) Saturday Night Live.
5. What has literature transformed into?
(a) Literature is still mainly novels,and very rarely includes other writing.
(b) Literature now includes nonfiction and fiction alike.
(c) Literature now includes poetry.
(d) Literature has not transformed at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with American writing?
2. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
3. What is a natural inclination for writers when they start a piece?
4. Why do writers need to stick to rules?
5. What is a major problem with humorous writing?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)