|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
(b) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(c) It shows that people are ignorant.
(d) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
2. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
(a) People only pay attention to short articles.
(b) They have a limited number of column inches and word limits.
(c) It is easier to sell.
(d) It make their writing easier to read.
3. Does Zinsser ever use humor in his writing?
(a) Sometimes, but only when he knows it will be perceived as funny.
(b) Yes, he uses it to humanize his writing and add his own personal voice.
(c) No, he is not a funny guy.
(d) Never, he is against humorous writing.
4. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
(a) Writing can easily be taught.
(b) Writing is easy and anyone can do it.
(c) Writing is difficult, but with the right tools, anyone can do it.
(d) Writing is a craft that is developed over time.
5. Is sports writing different from any other form of good writing?
(a) Yes, it isn't as comprehensive.
(b) No, it is just as good as other writing.
(c) No, good writing is good writing.
(d) Yes, it isn't as important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs when business writing is bad?
2. Why do structured classes miss the point of teaching good writing?
3. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
4. What are two tools every writer should use?
5. What are some limitations of perfect grammar?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)