|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
(a) A thesaurus can help when writing in another language.
(b) Provides easy word webs.
(c) A thesaurus is a powerful stimulant to a writer's imagination.
(d) The book can help a writer become an expert in opposites.
2. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(b) Writing skill.
(c) Clarity and writing skill.
(d) Good research.
3. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(c) Family members.
4. Is sports writing different from any other form of good writing?
(a) Yes, it isn't as important.
(b) No, it is just as good as other writing.
(c) Yes, it isn't as comprehensive.
(d) No, good writing is good writing.
5. What is the biggest fear that nonfiction writers have?
(a) Having their computer break, mid story, without having saved a word.
(b) Not being able to sell their story that they worked so hard on.
(c) Not being able to bring off an assignment and get it dont with any justice.
(d) Having people laugh at their article, that wasn't a humorous piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the simplest sentence?
2. How does Zissner have the ability to choose words for the American Heritage Dictionary?
3. What is the transaction in writing?
4. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
5. What freedom does he give his students?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)