|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
(a) State employees.
(c) Business writers.
2. What freedom does he give his students?
(a) He doesn't give deadlines, the gives very little guidance, and just lets people write and turn in first drafts.
(b) He doesn't give freedom. He is very demanding of his students.
(c) He lets everyone out early on Fridays.
(d) The power to decide what to write about, what angle to take, what perspective, and what to cut out.
3. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
(a) Reading a piece backwards.
(b) Reading through a window.
(c) Reading a story upside down.
(d) Reading under a blacklight.
4. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
(a) She throws the book.
(b) She writes a bad review.
(c) He puts down the book.
(d) The transaction between author and writer is broken.
5. What are some limitations of perfect grammar?
(a) Hindering points, establishing author moods, and painting word pictures.
(b) Some writers don't have perfect grammar and therefore cannot get published.
(c) Good grammer makes for boring writing.
(d) Lack of expressionism when grammar is perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Good writing is ______________.
2. What is an alternative way of showing astonishment in writing?
3. What is a dash useful for?
4. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
5. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)