|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when writers do not stick to proper grammar rules?
(a) It distracts the readers and show conempt for the language.
(b) It makes readers mad.
(c) It makes readers believe that all writing is bad, and they won't ever read again.
(d) It creates more bad writers.
2. Good writing is ______________.
(b) Easy to teach.
(c) Seen often.
(d) Very difficult.
3. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
(a) Writing poorly.
(b) Stating where they live.
(c) Stating their true opinions, ideas, and judgments.
(d) The reader not relating to them.
4. How is humor used in writing nonfiction?
(a) It is never used. Nonfiction should always be serious.
(b) It is used to bring out points that cannot be made in a straight forward manner.
(c) It is used to make fun of people without them every knowing.
(d) It is used to practice jokes for stand up comedians.
5. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
(a) Corporate memos or technical writing.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) Online writing.
(d) In English class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two tools every writer should use?
2. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
3. Should exclamation points be used in serious writing?
4. What is the danger of overusing humor in writing?
5. Why do structured classes miss the point of teaching good writing?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)