|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 23 A Writer's Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to learn to write with humor?
(a) Read other humorous writing and emulate those styles.
(b) Hang out with funny people.
(c) Practice saying funny things aloud to friends and family.
(d) Go to comedy shows.
2. Where is there an opportunity for great creative writing?
(a) Writing for the arts is the best opportunity to write creatively.
(b) Online at freelance job web sites.
(c) At the local library.
(d) LIterary journals.
3. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
(b) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
(c) When people write in their books.
(d) When people leave the toilet seat up.
4. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking to his mother.
(b) He is talking with his editor.
(c) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
(d) He is talking to his wife.
5. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
(a) It helps the writer compare their work to others.
(b) Catches simple mistakes and clumsy constructions.
(c) It is a therapeutic process signifying the end of a story.
(d) It allows writers to understand their own writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did he love about the New York Herald?
2. Why do criticism writers have to be at a higher level than other writers?
3. What should writers focus on the most?
4. Why is the above a problem?
5. Why is the English language changing all the time?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)