|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(b) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
(d) Reducing clutter.
2. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
(a) To sound out simple syllables.
(b) To sound out simple sentences.
(c) To be aware of the rhythm and sound of words together.
(d) To be aware of the way words are spelled.
3. How does Zissner have the ability to choose words for the American Heritage Dictionary?
(a) He is related to someone on the panel.
(b) He is on the American Heritage Dictionary Usage Panel
(c) He created the Dictionary.
(d) He works for the American Heritage Dictionary
4. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
(a) No, they have to do line edits anyways to check grammar.
(b) Yes. It is uneccessary since the editor can check grammer.
(c) No. It harms the writer, and makes more work for them and the editors.
(d) Yes, it is one less thing the writer has to do.
5. What is the best way to add humor into writing?
(a) Adding asterisks to funny lines.
(b) Making a funny sentence sneak up on a reader to get an unexpected laugh.
(c) Making all funny lines italicized.
(d) Making seperate paragraphs that only have the funny line in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do sports writers forget to do when writing about sports for so long?
2. What is the mood or voice in a piece?
3. What occurs when business writing is bad?
4. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
5. What is one way of saving time?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)