|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important for writers to stick to industry standards?
(a) Readers likely played the sport they are reading about and want to know what happened from a standard perspective.
(b) To be good writers, since the industry sets the standard.
(c) To sell magazines.
(d) The industry wants everything to be the same so they can catalogue writing more easily.
2. How does Zissner have the ability to choose words for the American Heritage Dictionary?
(a) He is related to someone on the panel.
(b) He works for the American Heritage Dictionary
(c) He created the Dictionary.
(d) He is on the American Heritage Dictionary Usage Panel
3. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(a) Family members.
4. When should a writer choose the point of view in a piece of writing?
(a) It doesn't matter when the point of view is established.
(b) A writer should determine the point of view before writing a new piece.
(c) THe point of view should be determined once the writing is finished and ready for editing.
(d) The point of view can be determined after the writer figures out who will be the main character.
5. What method of writing does Zissner use?
(a) Bold paragraph approach.
(b) Cluster writing.
(c) New Journalism.
(d) Old Journalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Americans from writing memoirs?
2. What is an alternative way of showing astonishment in writing?
3. Do readers generally like knowing about athletes' personal lives?
4. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
5. What is one way of saving time?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)