|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
(a) Good editing.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Hard work.
2. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
(b) From a dictionary.
(c) From a thesaraus.
(d) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
3. What is a general rule for writing about sports?
(a) Being as creative as possible to retain readership.
(b) Writing only about one sports.
(c) Using industry standards instead of creative terms when referencing sports topics.
(d) Overeducating the reader about sports facts.
4. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(b) No, it is the same.
(c) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
(d) No, it has gotten worse.
5. What is a common problem writers have?
(a) Writing too little.
(b) Not writing at the same time every day.
(c) Writing too much at first.
(d) Starting at the true beginning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is nonfiction more popular than fiction?
2. What makes a good first sentence?
3. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
4. How is humor used in writing nonfiction?
5. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)