|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor write?
(a) He is writing a book.
(b) He writes to make extra money.
(c) He writes for fun.
(d) He writes because he hates being a surgeon.
2. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
(a) Packing in too much information into one sentence.
(b) Not reading their sentences aloud.
(c) Overediting sentences.
(d) Not creating sentences that readers want to read.
3. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) They don't get published.
(b) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(c) They lose the interest of the reader.
(d) Their writing doesn't make sense.
4. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
(a) No, good writers have to be taught.
(b) Yes, people are born to write.
(c) No, the craft always gets better with time.
(d) A good writer
5. What approach to a place should writers take?
(a) To go around asking the locals questions.
(b) Reading other travel pieces and compare them.
(c) Just writing ambiguously.
(d) To go within a place and see how it impacts the writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a writer become better at his craft?
2. What is the best way to learn to write with humor?
3. How much information should a writer provide to his or her readers?
4. What does Zinsser think about writing memoirs?
5. What is an example of a dead language?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)