|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a product of writing is never read?
(a) It gets categorized under the bad books section.
(b) The author's reputation is harmed.
(c) It becomes worthless and a waste of good time.
(d) It gets burned.
2. Why does this misconception exist?
(a) Early education lumps students into categories, creating boundaries they can never cross in the future.
(b) Writing is too complex for many, and is more of an art than a science.
(c) Writers only want to read literature, and not science.
(d) Scientists are left brain individuals that don't want to learn to write.
3. What does the process of memoir writing do for a writer?
(a) It brings up related memories that were pushed into the subconsious.
(b) It forces them to talk to distant relatives they hate.
(c) It brings back bad memories that the person tried to forget.
(d) Nothing but write about everything he or she thinks about daily.
4. What is different about every writer's voice?
(a) The characters that writers speak through.
(b) The tenses taht a writer chooses.
(c) The sounds of a writers voice when speaking.
(d) Everything. Every writer has a unique voice that needs to be discovered.
5. Who is the real audience in a piece of writing?
(a) The reader.
(b) The editor.
(c) Both the editor and author.
(d) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zissner say is a common desire of every writer?
2. What should every paragraph end with?
3. Is there room for opinion when writing a sports article?
4. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
5. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)