|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing readers think when starting an article?
(a) They want to know how soon they will find the answer to the original thesis question of an article.
(b) They want to know whether the writer is credible or not.
(c) They want to know how long it will take them to read the article.
(d) They want to know whether it is worth it to read the article.
2. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
(a) Not creating sentences that readers want to read.
(b) Overediting sentences.
(c) Not reading their sentences aloud.
(d) Packing in too much information into one sentence.
3. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
(a) The book can help a writer become an expert in opposites.
(b) Provides easy word webs.
(c) A thesaurus can help when writing in another language.
(d) A thesaurus is a powerful stimulant to a writer's imagination.
4. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(a) Clarity and writing skill.
(b) Good research.
(c) Writing skill.
5. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
(b) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
(c) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
(d) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a misconception about writers and scientists?
2. When should a writer choose the point of view in a piece of writing?
3. Why is it important to narrow down a nonfiction piece?
4. Why should companies learn to produce better writing?
5. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)