|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
(a) Because it uses too much ink to cross out than to bracket.
(b) Because underlining is easier on the eyes.
(c) So that his students will learn to recognize clutter.
(d) Because highlighting is easier to see.
2. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
(a) The professor of the class.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A doctor who writes for a hobby.
(d) A student in the audience.
3. What trap do journalists and editors fall into often?
(a) Using too many commas.
(b) Not doing grammar checks.
(c) Using cliches and made up words.
(d) Usin too many dashes.
4. What does Zinsser do before submitting a piece of writing?
(a) He submits his writing to his family.
(b) He edits everything three times.
(c) He reads everything aloud.
(d) He has his wife read his work.
5. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood or voice in a piece?
2. Why is the above a problem?
3. What method of writing does Zissner use?
4. Who is the real audience in a piece of writing?
5. Why is it important to narrow down a nonfiction piece?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)