|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do criticism writers need to take a stance on a show?
(a) Absolutely. They have the power to make or break a show.
(b) Opinions should always be left out of writing.
(c) No, that should be left up to the audience.
(d) Yes, but they should mind their wording to not offend those in the show.
2. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They use too many euphemisms.
(b) They don't check their facts.
(c) They lie too much.
(d) They have bad grammar.
3. Do readers generally like knowing about athletes' personal lives?
(a) Only when it pertains to athletes' outlooks on the sport.
(b) No, they just want to see the athletes play their game.
(c) Either way, it doesn't really matter.
(d) Yes, they want all the information out there.
4. Who is the real audience in a piece of writing?
(a) The author.
(b) Both the editor and author.
(c) The reader.
(d) The editor.
5. What are two tools every writer should use?
(a) Spell check and grammar check.
(b) Thesaraus and dictionary.
(c) Thesaraus and grammar check.
(d) Spell check and dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the transaction in writing?
2. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
3. What is an example of American television shows that use humor to talk about serious issues?
4. What is a major problem of business writing?
5. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)