|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
(a) Sylvia Plath and Jane Austen.
(b) Virginia Woolfe and Sylvia Plath.
(c) Norman Mailer and Tom Wolfe.
(d) Normal Mailer and Virginia Wolfe.
2. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
(b) It shows that people are ignorant.
(c) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(d) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
3. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
(a) They do too much and slack on their writing.
(b) They are bad at fact checking.
(c) They are not complex enough.
(d) Their minds are too cluttered.
4. What is a requirement for good literary criticism?
(a) Subscribing to arts magazines.
(b) Frequenting the theatre often.
(c) Having a comparitive literature degress.
(d) Knowing the subject that the writer wants to write about.
5. What are two tools every writer should use?
(a) Thesaraus and grammar check.
(b) Thesaraus and dictionary.
(c) Spell check and grammar check.
(d) Spell check and dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
2. What is a general rule for writing about sports?
3. What is a common problem writers have?
4. Can good writing be taught?
5. What is the main attitude that writers have today?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)