|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 16 Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) No, it is the same.
(b) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(c) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
(d) No, it has gotten worse.
2. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) The bookbuying process.
(b) How much a writer talks about themselves.
(c) How much facts a writer uses.
(d) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
3. How many people are in the American Heritage Dictionary Usage Panel?
(a) 1000 writers, poets, and editors.
(b) 14 writers and poets.
(c) 10 writers.
(d) 104 writers, poets, editors, and teachers.
4. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(b) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
(c) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
(d) It shows that people are ignorant.
5. What is an example of a dead language?
(a) Chinese because it never changes.
(b) Spanish because its roots are disintegrating.
(c) Italian because there is only one country that speaks it.
(d) Latin is dead because nobody speaks it anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a hit book that was rejected several times?
2. What should writers focus on when writing travel pieces?
3. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
4. What is the purpose of colons?
5. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)