|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 16 Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(c) Family members.
2. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people leave the toilet seat up.
(b) When people write in their books.
(c) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
(d) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
3. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
(c) Business writers.
(d) State employees.
4. What are Zinsser's four articles of faith to writing well?
(a) Clarity, simplicity, elasticity and minimalism.
(b) Brevity, quick turnaround, clever sentences and little humanity.
(c) Simplicity, brevity, busy sentences and proper grammer.
(d) Clarity, simplicity, brevity and humanity.
5. Good writing is ______________.
(a) Easy to teach.
(b) Seen often.
(d) Very difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this misconception exist?
2. Do good writers decorate their writing?
3. What is an example of a dead language?
4. What is unity in writing?
5. What stops Americans from writing memoirs?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)