|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 16 Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can a writer simply write the article with one interview?
(a) Yes, but it should be avoided because people forget things in the first interview.
(b) No, there should always be mulitple interviews.
(c) Yes, but it is better to have mulitple interviews and meld them together into one incident.
(d) No, editing is too hard with just one interview.
2. Why is consistency in verb tense so important?
(a) It is important so that verbs don't get confused with nouns.
(b) Very tense consistency is important so that the reader does not become lost in the timing of events.
(c) It is important for slower readers to follow along.
(d) It is important for the development of characters, and to set up a plot.
3. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(b) They don't get published.
(c) They lose the interest of the reader.
(d) Their writing doesn't make sense.
4. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
(a) The writer does not have to pay attention to basic grammar rules.
(b) The main subject is already known.
(c) The writer does not have to do any interviews.
(d) They are lax and impersonal.
5. Why is the English language so easy to use when writing?
(a) English isn't an easy language and is not easy to write at all.
(b) There are very limited words, so there is no need to find alternatives, which cuts time in half.
(c) It is rich with words.
(d) It has strict rules that makes it impossible to stray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has literature transformed into?
2. How does a thesaurus help with brainstorming?
3. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
4. What are some limitations of perfect grammar?
5. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)