|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 16 Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should the lead in the first sentence do for a reader?
(a) It should introduce the article informatively and let the reader know it will be a good read.
(b) It should capture the reader and force him or her to keep reading.
(c) It should be very basic to hook in all types of readers.
(d) It should tell the reader very little about the article, so he or she will continue reading.
2. What approach to a place should writers take?
(a) To go around asking the locals questions.
(b) Reading other travel pieces and compare them.
(c) Just writing ambiguously.
(d) To go within a place and see how it impacts the writer.
3. What is a memoir?
(a) They are stories about immigrants.
(b) They are fiction peices about real people.
(c) They can be about any life experience.
(d) They are books about other people written by ghostwriters.
4. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
(a) The writer does not have to do any interviews.
(b) The writer does not have to pay attention to basic grammar rules.
(c) They are lax and impersonal.
(d) The main subject is already known.
5. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
(a) Takes writing classes often.
(b) Reads contemporary and classic works of other writers.
(c) Participates in writing workshops.
(d) Sends manuscripts out like crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
2. What has literature transformed into?
3. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
4. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
5. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)