|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 16 Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zissner's point of view on the debate between literature and journalism?
(a) He believes it doesn't matter, and that good writing is good writing.
(b) He agrees that literature is the only true form of good writing.
(c) He agrees that journalism is bad writing.
(d) He wants to go back to the pre-WWII form of writing.
2. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
(a) Not creating sentences that readers want to read.
(b) Not reading their sentences aloud.
(c) Packing in too much information into one sentence.
(d) Overediting sentences.
3. What attitude should writers embrace towards their editors?
(a) Don't worry about pleasing them initially.
(b) Don't worry about the editor because you should please your audience first.
(c) Worry only about the editor in order to get published.
(d) Worry about the editor and the readers. They will buy and sell your books.
4. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
(a) The writer does not have to pay attention to basic grammar rules.
(b) The main subject is already known.
(c) The writer does not have to do any interviews.
(d) They are lax and impersonal.
5. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
(a) State employees.
(c) Business writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
2. What is a memoir?
3. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
4. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
5. What problem does a scientist have when writing about science?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)