|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 16 Business Writing: Writing in Your Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
(a) Not having brainstormed enough.
(b) Not having enough experience.
(c) Not taking any writing classes.
(d) Not knowing what they want to say.
2. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(a) Reducing clutter.
(d) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
3. What is a common problem writers have?
(a) Writing too much at first.
(b) Not writing at the same time every day.
(c) Starting at the true beginning.
(d) Writing too little.
4. What is a misconception about writers and scientists?
(a) Writers are more creative that scientists.
(b) Writers are better than scientists.
(c) Scientists are smarter than writers.
(d) It is that writers cannot do science and scientists cannot write.
5. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
(a) It keeps books smaller and people like smaller books.
(b) It keeps people's attention longer.
(c) It keeps the meaning of the story clear and the prose worth the reader's time.
(d) It highlights the impotant parts of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
2. What does Zinsser think about writing memoirs?
3. What is a major job of a nonfiction writer?
4. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
5. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)