|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 11 Nonfiction as Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) No, it has gotten worse.
(b) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
(c) No, it is the same.
(d) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
2. What has literature transformed into?
(a) Literature is still mainly novels,and very rarely includes other writing.
(b) Literature has not transformed at all.
(c) Literature now includes poetry.
(d) Literature now includes nonfiction and fiction alike.
3. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(b) Clarity and writing skill.
(c) Writing skill.
(d) Good research.
4. What is an example of a dead language?
(a) Latin is dead because nobody speaks it anymore.
(b) Spanish because its roots are disintegrating.
(c) Italian because there is only one country that speaks it.
(d) Chinese because it never changes.
5. Why does the doctor write?
(a) He writes because he hates being a surgeon.
(b) He writes for fun.
(c) He writes to make extra money.
(d) He is writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is consistency in verb tense so important?
2. What is one way of saving time?
3. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
4. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
5. What is the main attitude that writers have today?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)