|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 11 Nonfiction as Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do good writers decorate their writing?
(a) Yes, always with lots of extra words.
(b) Yes, with good punctuation.
(c) No, only bad writers do this to sell more copies.
(d) No, good writers dont need ornamentation.
2. What method of writing does Zissner use?
(a) Old Journalism.
(b) New Journalism.
(c) Cluster writing.
(d) Bold paragraph approach.
3. What is unity in writing?
(a) Unity is when characters are unipolar and one dimensional.
(b) Unity is when the characters in a story are united and never disagree with one another.
(c) Unity is when the writer sticks to one plot.
(d) Unity is where the writer maintains consistency throughout an entire piece.
4. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
(a) A thesaurus can help when writing in another language.
(b) A thesaurus is a powerful stimulant to a writer's imagination.
(c) The book can help a writer become an expert in opposites.
(d) Provides easy word webs.
5. Why does the doctor write?
(a) He writes to make extra money.
(b) He writes for fun.
(c) He writes because he hates being a surgeon.
(d) He is writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a thesaurus help with brainstorming?
2. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
3. What happens when a product of writing is never read?
4. What is a common problem with nonfiction writers?
5. What has literature transformed into?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)