|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 11 Nonfiction as Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
(a) Because underlining is easier on the eyes.
(b) Because highlighting is easier to see.
(c) So that his students will learn to recognize clutter.
(d) Because it uses too much ink to cross out than to bracket.
2. What are two tools every writer should use?
(a) Thesaraus and grammar check.
(b) Spell check and dictionary.
(c) Thesaraus and dictionary.
(d) Spell check and grammar check.
3. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
(a) To be aware of the rhythm and sound of words together.
(b) To sound out simple sentences.
(c) To sound out simple syllables.
(d) To be aware of the way words are spelled.
4. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
(a) Writing is a craft that is developed over time.
(b) Writing can easily be taught.
(c) Writing is easy and anyone can do it.
(d) Writing is difficult, but with the right tools, anyone can do it.
5. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
(a) The transaction between author and writer is broken.
(b) He puts down the book.
(c) She writes a bad review.
(d) She throws the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
2. What is the purpose of colons?
3. What is a dash useful for?
4. What is the mood or voice in a piece?
5. Literature was once considered solely as what?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)