|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(a) Writing skill.
(b) Clarity and writing skill.
(d) Good research.
2. What are two tools every writer should use?
(a) Thesaraus and grammar check.
(b) Spell check and grammar check.
(c) Thesaraus and dictionary.
(d) Spell check and dictionary.
3. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(b) No, it has gotten worse.
(c) No, it is the same.
(d) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
4. Which is the simplest sentence?
(a) Simplicity is opporite clutter.
(b) Simplicity is the opposite of clutter.
(c) Simplicity is the direct opposite of clutter.
5. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
(b) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
(c) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
(d) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common problem writers have?
2. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
3. A musician must practice scales, and a writer must practice ______________.
4. How does a writer become better at his craft?
5. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)