|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
(a) Yes. It is uneccessary since the editor can check grammer.
(b) No, they have to do line edits anyways to check grammar.
(c) No. It harms the writer, and makes more work for them and the editors.
(d) Yes, it is one less thing the writer has to do.
2. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
(a) To learn how to write.
(b) To study the market.
(c) To emulate their heroes.
(d) To learn from other writers' mistakes.
3. What is the mood or voice in a piece?
(a) Mood or voice is the way the characters speak to one another.
(b) The mood is the way the characters feel in a piece.
(c) The voice is the authority figure in a nonfiction piece.
(d) Mood or voice is the way a piece sounds to the reader in the imaginations inner ear.
4. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
(a) Takes writing classes often.
(b) Reads contemporary and classic works of other writers.
(c) Participates in writing workshops.
(d) Sends manuscripts out like crazy.
5. What ability do great authors have?
(a) The ability to write whenever they want.
(b) The ability to write perfectley grammatical pieces.
(c) The ability to get an inside on reading trends.
(d) The ability to ignore rules of grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
2. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
3. What should every paragraph end with?
4. Why is it important to narrow down a nonfiction piece?
5. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)