|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
(a) Not having brainstormed enough.
(b) Not taking any writing classes.
(c) Not having enough experience.
(d) Not knowing what they want to say.
2. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
(b) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
(c) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(d) It shows that people are ignorant.
3. Why is consistency in verb tense so important?
(a) It is important for slower readers to follow along.
(b) Very tense consistency is important so that the reader does not become lost in the timing of events.
(c) It is important so that verbs don't get confused with nouns.
(d) It is important for the development of characters, and to set up a plot.
4. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking with his editor.
(b) He is talking to his wife.
(c) He is talking to his mother.
(d) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
5. What is the problem with American writing?
(a) Americans are bad at fact checking.
(b) The writing is too sloppy.
(c) It is too complex.
(d) It isn't complex enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
2. What does Zissner say is a common desire of every writer?
3. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
4. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
5. Why is the above a problem?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)