|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are in the American Heritage Dictionary Usage Panel?
(a) 104 writers, poets, editors, and teachers.
(b) 14 writers and poets.
(c) 10 writers.
(d) 1000 writers, poets, and editors.
2. Why does Zissner advise his clients to worry about the marketplace last?
(a) Because the marketplace never changes.
(b) Writing a good piece for the marketplace is easy when they know what sells.
(c) Because the marketplace always needs books and will take anything.
(d) Because nobody knows what is going to sell.
3. What is unity in writing?
(a) Unity is where the writer maintains consistency throughout an entire piece.
(b) Unity is when characters are unipolar and one dimensional.
(c) Unity is when the writer sticks to one plot.
(d) Unity is when the characters in a story are united and never disagree with one another.
4. What is the problem with American writing?
(a) It isn't complex enough.
(b) The writing is too sloppy.
(c) Americans are bad at fact checking.
(d) It is too complex.
5. What is a common problem writers have?
(a) Writing too little.
(b) Not writing at the same time every day.
(c) Writing too much at first.
(d) Starting at the true beginning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Zissner provide examples of these writers he admires?
2. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
3. What is the main thing readers think when starting an article?
4. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
5. Can good writing be taught?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)