|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
(a) Overediting sentences.
(b) Not reading their sentences aloud.
(c) Not creating sentences that readers want to read.
(d) Packing in too much information into one sentence.
2. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) How much facts a writer uses.
(b) The bookbuying process.
(c) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
(d) How much a writer talks about themselves.
3. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
(a) Political Journals.
(b) Instruction manuals.
(c) Television captions.
(d) Literature anthologies.
4. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
(a) The professor of the class.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A doctor who writes for a hobby.
(d) A student in the audience.
5. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinsser approach unusual words?
2. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
3. Who do authors please first with their writing?
4. How much research does Zinsser recommend for an article?
5. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)