|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can good writing be taught?
(a) Only good teachers can teach good writing.
(b) Of course it can.
(c) Only good students can learn good writing.
(d) It cannot, but it can be learned.
2. What ability do great authors have?
(a) The ability to write whenever they want.
(b) The ability to write perfectley grammatical pieces.
(c) The ability to ignore rules of grammar.
(d) The ability to get an inside on reading trends.
3. What method of writing does Zissner use?
(a) Bold paragraph approach.
(b) New Journalism.
(c) Cluster writing.
(d) Old Journalism.
4. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
(a) No. It harms the writer, and makes more work for them and the editors.
(b) Yes. It is uneccessary since the editor can check grammer.
(c) No, they have to do line edits anyways to check grammar.
(d) Yes, it is one less thing the writer has to do.
5. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(c) Family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
2. How does Zissner have the ability to choose words for the American Heritage Dictionary?
3. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
4. What is a natural inclination for writers when they start a piece?
5. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)