|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some limitations of perfect grammar?
(a) Good grammer makes for boring writing.
(b) Some writers don't have perfect grammar and therefore cannot get published.
(c) Lack of expressionism when grammar is perfect.
(d) Hindering points, establishing author moods, and painting word pictures.
2. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
(b) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
(c) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
(d) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
3. What is an example of a hit book that was rejected several times?
(a) Jurassic Park.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Eleven on Top.
(d) Harry Potter.
4. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
5. What is unity in writing?
(a) Unity is when the writer sticks to one plot.
(b) Unity is when the characters in a story are united and never disagree with one another.
(c) Unity is where the writer maintains consistency throughout an entire piece.
(d) Unity is when characters are unipolar and one dimensional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
2. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
3. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
4. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
5. What should every paragraph end with?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)