|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common problem writers have?
(a) Writing too much at first.
(b) Not writing at the same time every day.
(c) Starting at the true beginning.
(d) Writing too little.
2. What is the response previous students have to his style of edits?
(a) They hated it, and have nightmares about his style.
(b) They say they never liked the highlighting.
(c) They say then can still see the brackets.
(d) They like it much better than red pen all over a paper.
3. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
(a) She throws the book.
(b) She writes a bad review.
(c) He puts down the book.
(d) The transaction between author and writer is broken.
4. What gives nonfiction books life?
(a) Pure hard facts.
(b) White lies that sell certain facts.
(c) The cover of the book.
(d) Humanity and warmth.
5. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
(a) They do too much and slack on their writing.
(b) They are not complex enough.
(c) Their minds are too cluttered.
(d) They are bad at fact checking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
2. Good writing is ______________.
3. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
4. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
5. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)