|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way of saving time?
(a) Solely relying on grammar and spell check.
(b) Not doing a story outline.
(c) Learning to write over eighty words per minute.
(d) Skipping spell check.
2. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
(b) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
(c) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
(d) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
3. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(a) Writing skill.
(c) Good research.
(d) Clarity and writing skill.
4. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
(a) They have a limited number of column inches and word limits.
(b) It is easier to sell.
(c) People only pay attention to short articles.
(d) It make their writing easier to read.
5. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) They don't get published.
(b) Their writing doesn't make sense.
(c) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(d) They lose the interest of the reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
2. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
3. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
4. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
5. Which is the simplest sentence?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)