|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
(a) In English class.
(b) Online writing.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) Corporate memos or technical writing.
2. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From a thesaraus.
(b) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
(c) From a dictionary.
(d) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
3. What ability do great authors have?
(a) The ability to write whenever they want.
(b) The ability to get an inside on reading trends.
(c) The ability to write perfectley grammatical pieces.
(d) The ability to ignore rules of grammar.
4. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
(a) They are not complex enough.
(b) Their minds are too cluttered.
(c) They do too much and slack on their writing.
(d) They are bad at fact checking.
5. What is the response previous students have to his style of edits?
(a) They hated it, and have nightmares about his style.
(b) They like it much better than red pen all over a paper.
(c) They say then can still see the brackets.
(d) They say they never liked the highlighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Do good writers decorate their writing?
2. When can ornamental writing be used as an exception?
3. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
4. What is a common problem writers have?
5. What is the problem with American writing?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)