|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) No, it is the same.
(b) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(c) No, it has gotten worse.
(d) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
2. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
3. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
(b) No, it has to be genuine.
(c) No, it has to be manipulated.
(d) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
4. Why doesn't Zissner provide examples of these writers he admires?
(a) He didn't want their writing to prove better than his.
(b) So that people will go to the library to discover the writers themselves.
(c) Because he has a word count limit to abide to.
(d) Because of copyright law.
5. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
(a) It is the secret to selling a book.
(b) It never works.
(c) It is what gets writers through the door.
(d) It is worth a try to sell a book or article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does he recommend starting in the preferred tense?
2. What are two tools every writer should use?
3. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
4. What is the response previous students have to his style of edits?
5. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)