|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
(a) She writes a bad review.
(b) She throws the book.
(c) The transaction between author and writer is broken.
(d) He puts down the book.
2. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
(a) Reading through a window.
(b) Reading a piece backwards.
(c) Reading a story upside down.
(d) Reading under a blacklight.
3. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(b) They don't get published.
(c) They lose the interest of the reader.
(d) Their writing doesn't make sense.
4. What ability do great authors have?
(a) The ability to ignore rules of grammar.
(b) The ability to write whenever they want.
(c) The ability to get an inside on reading trends.
(d) The ability to write perfectley grammatical pieces.
5. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(c) Family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
2. What is a common problem writers have?
3. Why is the above a problem?
4. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
5. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)