|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(a) Family members.
2. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(b) It shows that people are ignorant.
(c) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
(d) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
3. What is an example of a hit book that was rejected several times?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Eleven on Top.
(c) Jurassic Park.
(d) Harry Potter.
4. What does the etymology of words mean?
(a) The sound of words.
(b) The biology of words.
(c) The written scripts.
(d) The history of words.
5. Why does Zissner advise his clients to worry about the marketplace last?
(a) Because the marketplace always needs books and will take anything.
(b) Writing a good piece for the marketplace is easy when they know what sells.
(c) Because the marketplace never changes.
(d) Because nobody knows what is going to sell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
2. What is the response previous students have to his style of edits?
3. How does a writer become better at his craft?
4. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
5. Who is the real audience in a piece of writing?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)