|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do good writers decorate their writing?
(a) No, good writers dont need ornamentation.
(b) Yes, always with lots of extra words.
(c) No, only bad writers do this to sell more copies.
(d) Yes, with good punctuation.
2. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
(a) No. It harms the writer, and makes more work for them and the editors.
(b) Yes, it is one less thing the writer has to do.
(c) Yes. It is uneccessary since the editor can check grammer.
(d) No, they have to do line edits anyways to check grammar.
3. Why does the doctor write?
(a) He writes to make extra money.
(b) He writes because he hates being a surgeon.
(c) He writes for fun.
(d) He is writing a book.
4. What is the problem with American writing?
(a) It is too complex.
(b) Americans are bad at fact checking.
(c) It isn't complex enough.
(d) The writing is too sloppy.
5. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking with his editor.
(b) He is talking to his wife.
(c) He is talking to his mother.
(d) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the above a problem?
2. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
3. What is a natural inclination for writers when they start a piece?
4. Where should the writer find his or her words?
5. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)