|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
(a) Business writers.
(d) State employees.
2. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) The bookbuying process.
(b) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
(c) How much facts a writer uses.
(d) How much a writer talks about themselves.
3. Why doesn't Zissner provide examples of these writers he admires?
(a) Because he has a word count limit to abide to.
(b) So that people will go to the library to discover the writers themselves.
(c) Because of copyright law.
(d) He didn't want their writing to prove better than his.
4. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people leave the toilet seat up.
(b) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
(c) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
(d) When people write in their books.
5. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
(a) Norman Mailer and Tom Wolfe.
(b) Normal Mailer and Virginia Wolfe.
(c) Sylvia Plath and Jane Austen.
(d) Virginia Woolfe and Sylvia Plath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
2. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
3. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
4. Do good writers decorate their writing?
5. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)