|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
(a) No, good writers have to be taught.
(b) A good writer
(c) No, the craft always gets better with time.
(d) Yes, people are born to write.
2. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people leave the toilet seat up.
(b) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
(c) When people write in their books.
(d) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
3. Who do authors please first with their writing?
(a) Family members.
4. What trap do journalists and editors fall into often?
(a) Using cliches and made up words.
(b) Not doing grammar checks.
(c) Using too many commas.
(d) Usin too many dashes.
5. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
(a) Political Journals.
(b) Literature anthologies.
(c) Television captions.
(d) Instruction manuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
2. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
3. What are two tools every writer should use?
4. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
5. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)