|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Good writing is ______________.
(a) Very difficult.
(b) Seen often.
(d) Easy to teach.
2. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
(a) Reading a piece backwards.
(b) Reading through a window.
(c) Reading under a blacklight.
(d) Reading a story upside down.
3. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
(a) Catches simple mistakes and clumsy constructions.
(b) It helps the writer compare their work to others.
(c) It is a therapeutic process signifying the end of a story.
(d) It allows writers to understand their own writing.
4. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
(c) State employees.
(d) Business writers.
5. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) No, it has to be manipulated.
(b) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
(c) No, it has to be genuine.
(d) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
2. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
3. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
4. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
5. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)