|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(a) Clarity and writing skill.
(c) Writing skill.
(d) Good research.
2. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
(a) It make their writing easier to read.
(b) People only pay attention to short articles.
(c) They have a limited number of column inches and word limits.
(d) It is easier to sell.
3. Which is the simplest sentence?
(b) Simplicity is the opposite of clutter.
(c) Simplicity is opporite clutter.
(d) Simplicity is the direct opposite of clutter.
4. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It shows that people are ignorant.
(b) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(c) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
(d) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
5. How does a writer become better at his craft?
(a) By taking initiative to improve every day.
(b) By taking a writing class.
(c) By avoiding trashy novels.
(d) By reading everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two components of the original Roget's Thesaurus?
2. What is a common problem writers have?
3. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
4. A musician must practice scales, and a writer must practice ______________.
5. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)