|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When can ornamental writing be used as an exception?
(a) When writing evaluations and resumes.
(b) When the wrting needs extra fluff.
(c) To follow solid writing.
(d) When the author needs to abide by editors remarks.
2. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(b) Good research.
(c) Writing skill.
(d) Clarity and writing skill.
3. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
(a) It is what gets writers through the door.
(b) It is worth a try to sell a book or article.
(c) It never works.
(d) It is the secret to selling a book.
4. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
(a) She throws the book.
(b) The transaction between author and writer is broken.
(c) He puts down the book.
(d) She writes a bad review.
5. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
(a) No. It harms the writer, and makes more work for them and the editors.
(b) No, they have to do line edits anyways to check grammar.
(c) Yes. It is uneccessary since the editor can check grammer.
(d) Yes, it is one less thing the writer has to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zissner say is a common desire of every writer?
2. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
3. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
4. Who do authors please first with their writing?
5. Where should the writer find his or her words?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)