|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor write?
(a) He writes because he hates being a surgeon.
(b) He writes for fun.
(c) He writes to make extra money.
(d) He is writing a book.
2. What is the problem with American writing?
(a) The writing is too sloppy.
(b) It is too complex.
(c) It isn't complex enough.
(d) Americans are bad at fact checking.
3. What is a common problem writers have?
(a) Writing too little.
(b) Starting at the true beginning.
(c) Not writing at the same time every day.
(d) Writing too much at first.
4. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Hard work.
(c) Good editing.
5. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
(a) Sylvia Plath and Jane Austen.
(b) Normal Mailer and Virginia Wolfe.
(c) Norman Mailer and Tom Wolfe.
(d) Virginia Woolfe and Sylvia Plath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
2. What does Zinsser do before submitting a piece of writing?
3. Do good writers decorate their writing?
4. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
5. What attitude should writers embrace towards their editors?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)