|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Good editing.
2. What are two tools every writer should use?
(a) Thesaraus and dictionary.
(b) Spell check and dictionary.
(c) Thesaraus and grammar check.
(d) Spell check and grammar check.
3. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
(a) In English class.
(b) Online writing.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) Corporate memos or technical writing.
4. What are some limitations of perfect grammar?
(a) Lack of expressionism when grammar is perfect.
(b) Hindering points, establishing author moods, and painting word pictures.
(c) Good grammer makes for boring writing.
(d) Some writers don't have perfect grammar and therefore cannot get published.
5. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor write?
2. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
3. Why is the above a problem?
4. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
5. Can good writing be taught?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)