|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
2. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
(a) To sound out simple syllables.
(b) To be aware of the rhythm and sound of words together.
(c) To sound out simple sentences.
(d) To be aware of the way words are spelled.
3. How does a writer become better at his craft?
(a) By avoiding trashy novels.
(b) By taking initiative to improve every day.
(c) By taking a writing class.
(d) By reading everything.
4. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
(a) It is worth a try to sell a book or article.
(b) It never works.
(c) It is what gets writers through the door.
(d) It is the secret to selling a book.
5. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(c) Reducing clutter.
(d) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
2. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
3. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
4. What is the transaction in writing?
5. What is one way of saving time?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)