|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two tools every writer should use?
(a) Spell check and dictionary.
(b) Thesaraus and dictionary.
(c) Spell check and grammar check.
(d) Thesaraus and grammar check.
2. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
3. Can good writing be taught?
(a) Only good students can learn good writing.
(b) Of course it can.
(c) It cannot, but it can be learned.
(d) Only good teachers can teach good writing.
4. What is an example of a hit book that was rejected several times?
(a) Eleven on Top.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Jurassic Park.
(d) Harry Potter.
5. What gives nonfiction books life?
(a) Pure hard facts.
(b) The cover of the book.
(c) Humanity and warmth.
(d) White lies that sell certain facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zissner advise his clients to worry about the marketplace last?
2. What are some limitations of perfect grammar?
3. What is the response previous students have to his style of edits?
4. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
5. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)