|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
(a) It reveals how easy it is to write a book.
(b) It shows that there are many talented people in the world.
(c) It shows that people are ignorant.
(d) It reveals the misconception that writing is easy.
2. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
(a) Because underlining is easier on the eyes.
(b) So that his students will learn to recognize clutter.
(c) Because it uses too much ink to cross out than to bracket.
(d) Because highlighting is easier to see.
3. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
(a) Writing poorly.
(b) Stating their true opinions, ideas, and judgments.
(c) The reader not relating to them.
(d) Stating where they live.
4. Can good writing be taught?
(a) It cannot, but it can be learned.
(b) Only good students can learn good writing.
(c) Only good teachers can teach good writing.
(d) Of course it can.
5. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) How much facts a writer uses.
(b) How much a writer talks about themselves.
(c) The bookbuying process.
(d) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a strange but effective way of proofreading to check for errors?
2. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
3. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
4. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
5. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)