|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
2. What happens when the reader loses interest in the writing?
(a) She writes a bad review.
(b) She throws the book.
(c) He puts down the book.
(d) The transaction between author and writer is broken.
3. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) No, it is the same.
(b) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
(c) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(d) No, it has gotten worse.
4. A musician must practice scales, and a writer must practice ______________.
(b) The marketplace.
5. How does a writer become better at his craft?
(a) By taking initiative to improve every day.
(b) By avoiding trashy novels.
(c) By reading everything.
(d) By taking a writing class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
2. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
3. Do good writers decorate their writing?
4. What is the problem with American writing?
5. What is an example of a hit book that was rejected several times?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)