|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They have bad grammar.
(b) They use too many euphemisms.
(c) They don't check their facts.
(d) They lie too much.
2. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
(a) Writing can easily be taught.
(b) Writing is difficult, but with the right tools, anyone can do it.
(c) Writing is a craft that is developed over time.
(d) Writing is easy and anyone can do it.
3. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) No, it has to be manipulated.
(b) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
(c) No, it has to be genuine.
(d) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
4. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From a thesaraus.
(b) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(c) From a dictionary.
(d) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
5. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people write in their books.
(b) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
(c) When people leave the toilet seat up.
(d) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of writing does Zissner use?
2. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
4. Do good writers decorate their writing?
5. What is the transaction in writing?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)