|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) How much facts a writer uses.
(b) The bookbuying process.
(c) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
(d) How much a writer talks about themselves.
2. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) Online writing.
(c) Corporate memos or technical writing.
(d) In English class.
3. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They use too many euphemisms.
(b) They lie too much.
(c) They don't check their facts.
(d) They have bad grammar.
4. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(b) From a thesaraus.
(c) From a dictionary.
(d) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
5. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking to his wife.
(b) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
(c) He is talking to his mother.
(d) He is talking with his editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
2. Why is the above a problem?
3. What is the problem with American writing?
4. How does a writer become better at his craft?
5. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)