|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
(b) Business writers.
(d) State employees.
2. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) They don't get published.
(b) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(c) Their writing doesn't make sense.
(d) They lose the interest of the reader.
3. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
(a) No, good writers have to be taught.
(b) No, the craft always gets better with time.
(c) A good writer
(d) Yes, people are born to write.
4. Can good writing be taught?
(a) It cannot, but it can be learned.
(b) Only good teachers can teach good writing.
(c) Of course it can.
(d) Only good students can learn good writing.
5. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
(a) The reader not relating to them.
(b) Stating where they live.
(c) Stating their true opinions, ideas, and judgments.
(d) Writing poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should the writer find his or her words?
2. Why does he recommend starting in the preferred tense?
3. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
4. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
5. Do good writers decorate their writing?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)