|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) No, it has to be manipulated.
(b) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
(c) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
(d) No, it has to be genuine.
2. What method of writing does Zissner use?
(a) New Journalism.
(b) Old Journalism.
(c) Bold paragraph approach.
(d) Cluster writing.
3. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
(a) Hard work.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Good editing.
4. Why does the doctor write?
(a) He writes for fun.
(b) He writes because he hates being a surgeon.
(c) He is writing a book.
(d) He writes to make extra money.
5. Why is the above a problem?
(a) Writers don't put enough effort into their writing.
(b) Writers end up editing too much.
(c) Usually the first two or three paragraphs of a piece can be cut.
(d) Writers need to start at the end and work their way up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can good writing be taught?
2. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
3. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
4. Why doesn't Zissner provide examples of these writers he admires?
5. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)