|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Combination third and first.
2. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(b) Writing skill.
(c) Good research.
(d) Clarity and writing skill.
3. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They don't check their facts.
(b) They lie too much.
(c) They have bad grammar.
(d) They use too many euphemisms.
4. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
(a) Stating their true opinions, ideas, and judgments.
(b) The reader not relating to them.
(c) Stating where they live.
(d) Writing poorly.
5. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
(a) So that his students will learn to recognize clutter.
(b) Because highlighting is easier to see.
(c) Because it uses too much ink to cross out than to bracket.
(d) Because underlining is easier on the eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor write?
2. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
3. When can ornamental writing be used as an exception?
4. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
5. What gives nonfiction books life?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)