|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of writing does Zissner use?
(a) Old Journalism.
(b) New Journalism.
(c) Cluster writing.
(d) Bold paragraph approach.
2. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Combination third and first.
3. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
(a) Their minds are too cluttered.
(b) They are bad at fact checking.
(c) They are not complex enough.
(d) They do too much and slack on their writing.
4. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
(a) Not taking any writing classes.
(b) Not having brainstormed enough.
(c) Not having enough experience.
(d) Not knowing what they want to say.
5. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
(b) The bookbuying process.
(c) How much facts a writer uses.
(d) How much a writer talks about themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
2. Why does he recommend starting in the preferred tense?
3. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
4. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
5. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)