|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(b) Good research.
(c) Writing skill.
(d) Clarity and writing skill.
2. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
3. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
(b) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
(c) No, it has to be manipulated.
(d) No, it has to be genuine.
4. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
(b) The bookbuying process.
(c) How much facts a writer uses.
(d) How much a writer talks about themselves.
5. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) They don't get published.
(b) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(c) They lose the interest of the reader.
(d) Their writing doesn't make sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
2. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
3. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
4. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
5. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)