|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(a) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
(b) Reducing clutter.
2. Do good writers decorate their writing?
(a) Yes, with good punctuation.
(b) No, only bad writers do this to sell more copies.
(c) No, good writers dont need ornamentation.
(d) Yes, always with lots of extra words.
3. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
(a) Writing is a craft that is developed over time.
(b) Writing can easily be taught.
(c) Writing is difficult, but with the right tools, anyone can do it.
(d) Writing is easy and anyone can do it.
4. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
(a) The professor of the class.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A doctor who writes for a hobby.
(d) A student in the audience.
5. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) They lose the interest of the reader.
(b) They don't get published.
(c) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(d) Their writing doesn't make sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
2. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
3. What is a natural inclination for writers when they start a piece?
4. Can good writing be taught?
5. Where should the writer find his or her words?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)