|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
(a) A good writer
(b) Yes, people are born to write.
(c) No, good writers have to be taught.
(d) No, the craft always gets better with time.
2. Can good writing be taught?
(a) It cannot, but it can be learned.
(b) Only good students can learn good writing.
(c) Only good teachers can teach good writing.
(d) Of course it can.
3. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
(a) They have a limited number of column inches and word limits.
(b) It make their writing easier to read.
(c) People only pay attention to short articles.
(d) It is easier to sell.
4. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking to his mother.
(b) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
(c) He is talking to his wife.
(d) He is talking with his editor.
5. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(a) Clarity and writing skill.
(b) Good research.
(d) Writing skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common problem writers have?
2. What is a natural inclination for writers when they start a piece?
3. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
4. Chapter 3 is about __________.
5. What method of writing does Zissner use?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)