|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
(a) Writing is a craft that is developed over time.
(b) Writing is difficult, but with the right tools, anyone can do it.
(c) Writing is easy and anyone can do it.
(d) Writing can easily be taught.
2. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) No, it has to be genuine.
(b) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
(c) No, it has to be manipulated.
(d) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
3. What is the problem with American writing?
(a) It isn't complex enough.
(b) The writing is too sloppy.
(c) It is too complex.
(d) Americans are bad at fact checking.
4. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) They lose the interest of the reader.
(b) Their writing doesn't make sense.
(c) They don't get published.
(d) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
5. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
(a) Good editing.
(b) Hard work.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
2. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
3. What is the transaction in writing?
4. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
5. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)