|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
(a) Political Journals.
(b) Instruction manuals.
(c) Television captions.
(d) Literature anthologies.
2. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(b) From a dictionary.
(c) From a thesaraus.
(d) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
3. Good writing is ______________.
(a) Very difficult.
(b) Seen often.
(d) Easy to teach.
4. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
(a) Stating their true opinions, ideas, and judgments.
(b) The reader not relating to them.
(c) Stating where they live.
(d) Writing poorly.
5. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
2. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
3. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
4. How does a writer become better at his craft?
5. Why does he recommend starting in the preferred tense?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)