|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 4 Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
(a) They have a limited number of column inches and word limits.
(b) People only pay attention to short articles.
(c) It make their writing easier to read.
(d) It is easier to sell.
2. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
(a) Writing can easily be taught.
(b) Writing is difficult, but with the right tools, anyone can do it.
(c) Writing is a craft that is developed over time.
(d) Writing is easy and anyone can do it.
3. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(b) From a thesaraus.
(c) From a dictionary.
(d) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
4. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
(a) Yes, so long as the writing is really dense.
(b) No, it has to be genuine.
(c) No, it has to be manipulated.
(d) Yes, so long as the writing is filled with rich prose.
5. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking with his editor.
(b) He is talking to his wife.
(c) He is talking to his mother.
(d) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor write?
2. Does the author believe good writing is the result of an inherent talent?
3. What is a common problem writers have?
4. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
5. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)