|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
(b) When people leave the toilet seat up.
(c) When people write in their books.
(d) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
2. How much information should a writer provide to his or her readers?
(a) Everything about the show that he or she felt was worthwhile.
(b) Only dates and times of the show with a thumbs up or down.
(c) Enought to make a show worth seeing, without spoiling it for the readers and viewers.
(d) Very little. Readers need to be left in the dark so they can go see a show on their own.
3. Where is there an opportunity for great creative writing?
(a) Online at freelance job web sites.
(b) At the local library.
(c) LIterary journals.
(d) Writing for the arts is the best opportunity to write creatively.
4. Why should interview questions be written before the interview?
(a) To avoid having to do it at the interview.
(b) To focus the interview around a certain theme.
(c) To keep the person being interviewed on track.
(d) To avoid drawing a blank in the middle of an interview.
5. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
(a) Instruction manuals.
(b) Television captions.
(c) Literature anthologies.
(d) Political Journals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the process of memoir writing do for a writer?
2. Chapter 3 is about __________.
3. What happens when a product of writing is never read?
4. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
5. How does Zinsser approach unusual words?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)