|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
(a) Sylvia Plath and Jane Austen.
(b) Virginia Woolfe and Sylvia Plath.
(c) Normal Mailer and Virginia Wolfe.
(d) Norman Mailer and Tom Wolfe.
2. Why should companies learn to produce better writing?
(a) To appeal to educators.
(b) In a capitalistic world, there is always competition and good writing reduces it.
(c) To get more clients to understand their terms.
(d) To produce more writing jobs.
3. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(a) Reducing clutter.
(b) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
4. What do people need to understand about science?
(a) It can be learned at any point in life.
(b) It is easy to understand if given the chance.
(c) It is a foundation that needs to be built upon.
(d) Only nerds can learn it.
5. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From a dictionary.
(b) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
(c) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(d) From a thesaraus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
2. What is the purpose of colons?
3. What is an alternative way of showing astonishment in writing?
4. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
5. How does Zinsser approach unusual words?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)