|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
2. What is a memoir?
(a) They are stories about immigrants.
(b) They are books about other people written by ghostwriters.
(c) They can be about any life experience.
(d) They are fiction peices about real people.
3. What do people need to understand about science?
(a) It is easy to understand if given the chance.
(b) Only nerds can learn it.
(c) It is a foundation that needs to be built upon.
(d) It can be learned at any point in life.
4. What happens when a product of writing is never read?
(a) It gets categorized under the bad books section.
(b) It gets burned.
(c) It becomes worthless and a waste of good time.
(d) The author's reputation is harmed.
5. What is a common problem with nonfiction writers?
(a) They tend to write confusing articles that do not interest anyone.
(b) Nonfiction writers tend to want to say the last word on a subject, which covers too much ground.
(c) They want to be the final experts and turn away viable information that would change their articles.
(d) They don't research enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of colons?
2. Where does a writer need to start to get his or her voice discovered?
3. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
4. Why should interview questions be written before the interview?
5. Why is the English language so easy to use when writing?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)