|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 7 Usage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
(b) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
(c) When people write in their books.
(d) When people leave the toilet seat up.
2. When can ornamental writing be used as an exception?
(a) When the wrting needs extra fluff.
(b) When writing evaluations and resumes.
(c) To follow solid writing.
(d) When the author needs to abide by editors remarks.
3. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
(a) No, it has gotten worse.
(b) Yes, politicians hire better speech writers.
(c) Yes, politicians know how to unclutter their writing now.
(d) No, it is the same.
4. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
(b) From a thesaraus.
(c) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(d) From a dictionary.
5. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
(a) Sylvia Plath and Jane Austen.
(b) Normal Mailer and Virginia Wolfe.
(c) Virginia Woolfe and Sylvia Plath.
(d) Norman Mailer and Tom Wolfe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other group of people uses euphemisms or fad terms?
2. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
3. Which is the simplest sentence?
4. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
5. What happens when a product of writing is never read?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)