|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 7 Usage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
(a) Their writing doesn't make sense.
(b) They lose the interest of the reader.
(c) Their book gets tagged as abstract literature and nobody ever reads it.
(d) They don't get published.
2. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
(a) A thesaurus can help when writing in another language.
(b) The book can help a writer become an expert in opposites.
(c) Provides easy word webs.
(d) A thesaurus is a powerful stimulant to a writer's imagination.
3. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
(a) Not taking any writing classes.
(b) Not having enough experience.
(c) Not having brainstormed enough.
(d) Not knowing what they want to say.
4. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They don't check their facts.
(b) They lie too much.
(c) They use too many euphemisms.
(d) They have bad grammar.
5. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people dog ear the pages of a book.
(b) When people write in their books.
(c) When people leave the toilet seat up.
(d) When people say they can write a book as if it is easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
2. Do good writers decorate their writing?
3. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
4. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
5. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)