|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 7 Usage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
(b) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
(c) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
(d) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
2. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(a) Reducing clutter.
(d) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
3. When can ornamental writing be used as an exception?
(a) When writing evaluations and resumes.
(b) When the author needs to abide by editors remarks.
(c) To follow solid writing.
(d) When the wrting needs extra fluff.
4. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
(a) To study the market.
(b) To learn from other writers' mistakes.
(c) To emulate their heroes.
(d) To learn how to write.
5. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
(a) Not taking any writing classes.
(b) Not having enough experience.
(c) Not knowing what they want to say.
(d) Not having brainstormed enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trap do journalists and editors fall into often?
2. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
3. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
4. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
5. What is another example of when a person HAS to read bad writing?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)