|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 7 Usage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does he recommend starting in the preferred tense?
(a) It causes writer's to think about the reader.
(b) It brings out the natural voice.
(c) It makes it easier for people to relate to.
(d) It creates a teacher student relationship.
2. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They don't check their facts.
(b) They use too many euphemisms.
(c) They have bad grammar.
(d) They lie too much.
3. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
4. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From a thesaraus.
(b) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(c) From a dictionary.
(d) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
5. What tense does Zissner recommend when starting a new piece?
(a) Combination third and first.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
2. What does Zissner believe authors are fearful of in their writing?
3. What does it convey when anyone says he can write a book if he wanted to?
4. Which is the simplest sentence?
5. How does Zissner have the ability to choose words for the American Heritage Dictionary?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)