|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 7 Usage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are two authors that Zissner admires for solid writing and ornamentation?
(a) Normal Mailer and Virginia Wolfe.
(b) Norman Mailer and Tom Wolfe.
(c) Virginia Woolfe and Sylvia Plath.
(d) Sylvia Plath and Jane Austen.
2. What is a common problem writers have?
(a) Writing too little.
(b) Not writing at the same time every day.
(c) Starting at the true beginning.
(d) Writing too much at first.
3. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
(a) To sound out simple sentences.
(b) To be aware of the rhythm and sound of words together.
(c) To sound out simple syllables.
(d) To be aware of the way words are spelled.
4. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
5. Where should the writer find his or her words?
(a) From a thesaraus.
(b) From modern euphanisms that people can relate to.
(c) From within the subconscious to the writing consciousness
(d) From a dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can a writer's style be affected to the reader?
2. When can ornamental writing be used as an exception?
3. What does the etymology of words mean?
4. Do good writers decorate their writing?
5. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)