|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14 Writing About Yourself: The Memoir.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that the bad writers mentioned above do that makes their writing terrible?
(a) They have bad grammar.
(b) They don't check their facts.
(c) They use too many euphemisms.
(d) They lie too much.
2. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
(a) It is a therapeutic process signifying the end of a story.
(b) It allows writers to understand their own writing.
(c) It helps the writer compare their work to others.
(d) Catches simple mistakes and clumsy constructions.
3. What does Zinsser think about writing memoirs?
(a) He likes memoirs and reads them constantly.
(b) He is against memoirs and thinks writers should never write about themselves.
(c) He encourages them and wants writers to stop being afraid about writing about themselves.
(d) He thinks memoirs are tacky writers.
4. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
(a) It keeps the meaning of the story clear and the prose worth the reader's time.
(b) It keeps books smaller and people like smaller books.
(c) It keeps people's attention longer.
(d) It highlights the impotant parts of the story.
5. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
2. What does the process of memoir writing do for a writer?
3. What is the mood or voice in a piece?
4. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
5. Chapter 3 is about __________.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)