|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14 Writing About Yourself: The Memoir.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period in U.S. history does Zissner point out as a time filled with euphemisms?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Korean War.
2. What is the response previous students have to his style of edits?
(a) They hated it, and have nightmares about his style.
(b) They say they never liked the highlighting.
(c) They like it much better than red pen all over a paper.
(d) They say then can still see the brackets.
3. What trap do journalists and editors fall into often?
(a) Usin too many dashes.
(b) Not doing grammar checks.
(c) Using cliches and made up words.
(d) Using too many commas.
4. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
5. Why is consistency in verb tense so important?
(a) It is important for the development of characters, and to set up a plot.
(b) It is important for slower readers to follow along.
(c) Very tense consistency is important so that the reader does not become lost in the timing of events.
(d) It is important so that verbs don't get confused with nouns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
2. What is the main attitude that writers have today?
3. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
4. What is the advantage of a writer writing his or her own memoir?
5. What is a memoir?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)