|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14 Writing About Yourself: The Memoir.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common problem with nonfiction writers?
(a) They don't research enough.
(b) Nonfiction writers tend to want to say the last word on a subject, which covers too much ground.
(c) They want to be the final experts and turn away viable information that would change their articles.
(d) They tend to write confusing articles that do not interest anyone.
2. What does the process of memoir writing do for a writer?
(a) It brings back bad memories that the person tried to forget.
(b) Nothing but write about everything he or she thinks about daily.
(c) It brings up related memories that were pushed into the subconsious.
(d) It forces them to talk to distant relatives they hate.
3. What is the main attitude that writers have today?
(a) To write literature, the way it was defined before WWII.
(b) To be published in the New Yorker.
(c) To write modern literature and be the next best author.
(d) To write well, regardless of whether it is fiction or nonfiction.
4. What has literature transformed into?
(a) Literature is still mainly novels,and very rarely includes other writing.
(b) Literature now includes poetry.
(c) Literature now includes nonfiction and fiction alike.
(d) Literature has not transformed at all.
5. Chapter 3 is about __________.
(c) Increasing the simplicity of writing.
(d) Reducing clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does the author think has the worst type of writing?
2. How can uncluttered writing help fiction?
3. What does Zinsser think about writing memoirs?
4. Why is nonfiction more popular than fiction?
5. Why is it important for writers to read constantly?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)