|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) Whether or not they are married.
(c) When they were discharged.
(d) Their condition.
2. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(b) Army size.
3. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) Its importance is increasing.
(b) It does not matter.
(c) Its importance is decreasing.
(d) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
4. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
(a) The will of the generals in charge.
(b) The size of the army.
(c) The political object.
(d) The social object.
5. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
2. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
4. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
5. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)