|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
(a) His books.
(b) Critical analysis.
(c) A military mind.
(d) Good academic bases.
2. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) Something that makes no difference.
(b) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(c) The second requirement.
(d) The first requirement.
3. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(b) Army size.
4. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Whether or not they are married.
(b) Their rank.
(c) When they were discharged.
(d) Their condition.
5. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) Its importance is increasing.
(c) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
(d) Its importance is decreasing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
3. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
4. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
5. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)