|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Their condition.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
2. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A single long battle.
(b) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
(c) A long succession of battles.
(d) A short single blow.
3. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Pick good intelligence officers.
(b) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(c) Eliminate error.
(d) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(b) Him to not try to fight you hard.
(c) Him to fight only one battle.
(d) Him to fight to the last man.
5. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
4. What does Clausewitz warn the reader not to do in regards to the description of strategic maneuvers?
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)