|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The size of the army.
(b) The war plan used.
(c) The training of the soldiers.
(d) The skills of the commander.
2. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Knowledge of war.
(c) Science of war.
(d) Hard work.
3. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
4. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(b) Moral values.
(c) Army size.
(d) Uncertainty of all information.
5. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) The results.
(b) The political gain of the emperor.
(c) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(d) The generals implementing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
2. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
4. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
5. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)