|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The poor.
(b) The military.
(c) The rich.
(d) The unintelligent.
2. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
3. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
(b) Submit to others.
(c) To complain or sabotage.
(d) Take up arms against the country's enemies.
4. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The need for an army to walk.
(b) The physical effort.
(c) The need for good horses.
(d) The intellectual training.
5. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Over confidence.
(b) The fog of war.
(c) Bad terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
2. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
4. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
5. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)