|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Superiority of archery.
(b) Superiority of cavalry.
(c) Numerical superiority.
(d) Superiority of infantry.
2. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) The results.
(b) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(c) The political gain of the emperor.
(d) The generals implementing it.
3. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It was true at the time.
(b) It was the one and only.
(c) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(d) It was only true for infantry.
4. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Destroy the enemy's army.
(b) Take the enemy's capital.
(c) Self defense.
(d) Cut the enemy's supply route.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) When they were discharged.
(b) Their rank.
(c) Whether or not they are married.
(d) Their condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
4. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)