|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is accurate.
(c) It is too much information.
(d) It is false.
2. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
(a) Because one cannot draw conclusions from an even smaller number of cases.
(b) Because it is easier to read.
(c) Because Napoleon's style was unique.
(d) Because there are not a lot of elements to study.
3. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(b) Bribes of his allies.
(c) Food and camp expenses.
(d) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
4. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To win the battle.
(b) To clear the way for an invasion.
(c) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(d) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
5. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
2. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
3. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
5. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)