|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
(a) Charles XIII.
(b) Frederick the Great.
(c) Louis the XIV.
2. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(c) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
3. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The supply line safety.
(b) The setting up of the army.
(c) The thinking prior to battle.
(d) The use of engagements.
4. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A large army is less prone to it.
(b) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
(c) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(d) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
5. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
(b) The weather.
(c) Creating their army.
(d) Leaving time for diplomacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
2. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
3. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
5. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)