|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(b) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(c) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(d) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Get a better army.
(b) Disarm the enemy.
(c) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
3. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
(a) His books.
(b) Good academic bases.
(c) A military mind.
(d) Critical analysis.
4. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) The weather.
(b) Leaving time for diplomacy.
(c) Creating their army.
(d) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
5. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
(a) Learning under a good commander.
(c) Learning abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
2. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
3. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
4. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
5. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)