|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Scholarly personnel.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Good learners.
2. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
(b) Frederick the Great.
(c) Louis the XIV.
(d) Charles XIII.
3. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Soldier mental breakdown.
(b) Foreigners among the ranks.
(c) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(d) Small battles.
4. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A large army is less prone to it.
(b) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(c) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
5. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(b) They do not want to waste bullets.
(c) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
(d) They do not have time to take prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
2. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
3. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
4. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)