|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
(b) A conclusion.
(c) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(d) An independent book in the series.
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(c) People who don't care.
(d) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
3. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) Preparatory guidance.
(b) A blueprint for war.
(c) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
(d) Time to reflect on their lives.
4. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Always use the same strategy.
(b) Change strategies every few days.
(c) Use past strategies.
(d) Maintain control.
5. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Over confidence.
(b) The fog of war.
(d) Bad terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
2. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
3. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
4. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)