|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(b) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(c) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
2. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
(a) Physically destroying all of the enemies forces.
(b) Destroying the enemy's reputation.
(c) Capturing the commanding officers of the enemy.
(d) Put the enemy's forces in a condition so they can no longer fight.
3. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Disarm the enemy.
(b) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(c) Get a better army.
(d) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
4. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army size.
(c) Moral values.
(d) Uncertainty of all information.
5. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) The fog of war.
(b) Over confidence.
(c) Bad terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
2. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
3. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
4. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
5. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)