|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Disarm the enemy.
(b) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(c) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Get a better army.
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who don't care.
(b) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People with an iron will.
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a ready to publish version.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a rough draft.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
4. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(a) Low self esteem.
(d) Bad intelligence officers.
5. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It was the one and only.
(b) It was true at the time.
(c) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(d) It was only true for infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
3. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
4. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
5. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)