|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
2. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
(a) They wanted the theory to be easily taught.
(b) They were mathematicians.
(c) They didn't care about war.
(d) They wanted to reach a set of sure and positive conclusion.
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good self esteem.
(c) Good weapons.
5. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
(a) The size of the army.
(b) The will of the generals in charge.
(c) The social object.
(d) The political object.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
3. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
5. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)