|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(b) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(c) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. What does Clausewitz warn the reader not to do in regards to the description of strategic maneuvers?
(a) To oversimplify.
(b) To follow past battle plans to the letter.
(c) To think Napoleon was a genius.
(d) To think too much.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) Moral values.
(b) The breed of the horses.
(c) The canon's maker.
(d) The walking speed of the army.
5. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
2. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
3. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
4. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)