|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their academic training.
(b) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(c) Because of their faith.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
2. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Steadfastness and intelligence.
(b) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(c) Aristocracy and good education.
(d) Luck and intelligence.
3. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
4. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
(a) Terrain and weather.
(b) Technology and culture.
(c) Food rationing.
(d) Generals and commanders.
5. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(b) Get a better army.
(c) Disarm the enemy.
(d) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
3. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
5. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)