|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
(b) Its importance is decreasing.
(c) It does not matter.
(d) Its importance is increasing.
2. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
(b) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(c) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(d) To prevent the military from taking power.
3. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(a) Counter insurgency.
(d) Major Operations.
4. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) When they were discharged.
(b) Their rank.
(c) Their condition.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
5. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) The weather.
(b) Leaving time for diplomacy.
(c) Creating their army.
(d) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
4. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
5. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)