|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) Something that makes no difference.
(b) The first requirement.
(c) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(d) The second requirement.
2. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(c) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
3. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good physical health.
(b) Experienced soldiers.
(c) Young, fit officers.
(d) Good education.
4. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Not applicable.
(b) Difficult to understand.
5. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
(a) Only military generals should draw conclusions on military. matters
(b) They draw good conclusions if they are smart.
(c) Political leaders should not draw conclusions.
(d) They draw conclusions without sufficient information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
3. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
4. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
5. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)