|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their faith.
(b) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
2. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a fault of character.
(b) It is a sign of genius.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It always brings victory.
3. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The thinking prior to battle.
(b) The supply line safety.
(c) The use of engagements.
(d) The setting up of the army.
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their personal interest.
(b) Their location.
(c) Their state of mind.
(d) Their experience.
5. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(c) Get a better army.
(d) Disarm the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
3. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
4. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
5. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)