|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Their condition.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
2. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(b) Hard work.
(c) Science of war.
(d) Knowledge of war.
3. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(b) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(c) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(d) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
4. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
(a) A good war college is essential.
(b) Books by generals are best to teach it.
(c) It cannot be taught using old examples.
(d) Only he can teach it.
5. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The breed of the horses.
(b) Moral values.
(c) The canon's maker.
(d) The walking speed of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
3. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
5. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)