Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz call the area where military action occurs?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The theatre of operations.
(c) The field of battle.
(d) The operating area.
2. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A single long battle.
(b) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
(c) A short single blow.
(d) A long succession of battles.
3. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
(a) Hatred from the enemy's population
(b) Separation in resources and delays in getting reinforcements.
(c) Loss of morale.
(d) Loss of soldiers.
4. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
(a) Public support.
(b) Media support.
(c) Spousal support.
(d) Financial support.
5. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(b) A conclusion.
(c) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
(d) An independent book in the series.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say would be the message sent by an army taking a castle, burning the fields, dispersing the livestock and then retreating?
4. What can one do with a small force according to Clausewitz?
5. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)