|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 1, Strategy, Morality & Military Virtues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Good learners.
(b) Scholarly personnel.
(d) Smart people.
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(b) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(c) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(d) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
3. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) A lifetime.
4. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The use of engagements.
(b) The thinking prior to battle.
(c) The setting up of the army.
(d) The supply line safety.
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) As a way for generals to fight boredom.
(b) As a one time event that politicians cannot control.
(c) As a continuation of policy by other means.
(d) As a necessity for the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)