Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The need for good horses.
(b) The physical effort.
(c) The need for an army to walk.
(d) The intellectual training.
2. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) His early death.
(d) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
3. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(a) Low self esteem.
(b) Bad intelligence officers.
4. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Eliminate error.
(b) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(c) Pick good intelligence officers.
(d) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a ready to publish version.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a rough draft.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
3. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)