|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To prevent the military from taking power.
(b) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(c) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(d) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
2. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(b) They do not want to waste bullets.
(c) They do not have time to take prisoners.
(d) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
3. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
(a) Being weak.
(b) Being large.
(c) Defeating enemies.
(d) Being unprotected.
4. What complements each method of defense according to Clausewitz in Book 5, Chapter 1?
(a) A perfect method of attack.
(b) A perfect defensive weapon.
(c) A perfect troop placement.
(d) A perfect general.
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) As a continuation of policy by other means.
(b) As a one time event that politicians cannot control.
(c) As a way for generals to fight boredom.
(d) As a necessity for the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
2. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
3. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
4. What construction method does Clausewitz use as a metaphor for holding new territories?
5. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)