|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who don't care.
(b) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People with an iron will.
2. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their faith.
(b) Because they read a draft of the book.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
3. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(b) Sending one wave after the other.
(c) Effective fighting forces.
(d) Barely effective.
4. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In European wars.
(b) In sieges war.
(c) In 745.
(d) With archery.
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a rough draft.
(b) As a ready to publish version.
(c) As being stolen from another author.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
2. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
4. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
5. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)