|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Maintain control.
(b) Always use the same strategy.
(c) Change strategies every few days.
(d) Use past strategies.
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
(a) Genius makes the rules.
(b) Genius follows rules to the letter.
(c) Genius can override rules.
(d) Genius expands the rules.
4. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
(a) In small groups.
(b) One army group at a time.
(d) On different fronts.
5. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Complex and changeable.
(b) Simple and strict.
(c) Complex and strict.
(d) Simple and changeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
2. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
3. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
4. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)