|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
2. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
3. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
4. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
5. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
2. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
3. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
4. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
5. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
6. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
7. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
8. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
9. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
10. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laura has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the lap desk play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the lap desk?
Essay Topic 3
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)