|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Wilders keep the money for their down payment on the land?
2. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
3. Who wrote the third chapter?
4. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
5. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
2. How was the missing money found?
3. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
4. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
5. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
6. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
7. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
8. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
9. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
10. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose feels very strongly that childhood is an integral part of a person's personality. Why does she feel this way, and what evidence does she present to support her statement? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)