|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
2. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
3. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
4. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
5. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
Essay Topic 1
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Rose feels very strongly that childhood is an integral part of a person's personality. Why does she feel this way, and what evidence does she present to support her statement? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Wilders choose to leave De Smet, and what affects will their absence have on the people left behind?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)