|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
2. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
3. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
4. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
5. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the missing money found?
2. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
3. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
4. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
5. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
6. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
7. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
8. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
9. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
10. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main differences that the Wilders observed as they took their journey west, and how do these changes affect the family?
Essay Topic 2
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)