|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
2. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
3. What was the name of Paul's brother?
4. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
5. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
2. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
3. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
4. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
5. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
6. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
7. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
8. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
9. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
10. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this narrative all had their own goals and motivations. Select 4 people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
Laura was fascinated with the Russian immigrants she met. What caused this fascination, and how did it affect her demeanor for the remainder of the trip?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)