|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
2. What did Laura and Almanzo do before purchasing their land?
3. What kind of building did Laura get excited to see in Missouri?
4. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
5. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
2. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
3. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
4. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
5. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
6. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
7. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
8. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
9. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
10. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where did the theme of technology appear in this book, and how did it change the course of the Wilder's journey?
Essay Topic 2
The tone changes frequently in this book. What are the major places where this change in tone comes about, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)