|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
2. Where did Prince get spooked?
3. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
4. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
5. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
2. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
3. How was the missing money found?
4. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
5. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
6. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
7. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
8. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
9. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
10. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react?
Essay Topic 2
Creativity and Curiosity are two traits that Rose sees in her father. How do these traits make him different than other men, and how does this affect his relationships with his wife and daughter?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)