|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
2. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
3. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
4. Where did Prince get spooked?
5. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
2. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
3. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
4. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
5. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
6. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
7. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
8. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
9. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
10. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is involved in clearing the land at the Wilder farm, and what do they each have to gain by doing this?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main differences that the Wilders observed as they took their journey west, and how do these changes affect the family?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)