|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
2. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
3. What river in Kansas did the Wilders cross a few times?
4. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
5. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
2. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
3. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
4. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
5. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
6. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
7. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
8. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
9. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
10. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the lap desk play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the lap desk?
Essay Topic 3
Laura has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)