|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found the missing money?
2. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
3. Where was the missing money found?
4. What was Rose's first chore at the new house?
5. How many wagons entered the destination town at the same time as the Wilders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
2. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
3. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
4. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
5. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
6. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
7. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
8. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
9. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
10. How was the missing money found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react?
Essay Topic 2
Where did the theme of technology appear in this book, and how did it change the course of the Wilder's journey?
Essay Topic 3
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)