|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
2. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
3. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
4. How did Laura respond to the missing money?
5. How many wagons entered the destination town at the same time as the Wilders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laura was fascinated with the Russian immigrants she met. What caused this fascination, and how did it affect her demeanor for the remainder of the trip?
Essay Topic 2
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
The people in this narrative all had their own goals and motivations. Select 4 people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the people around them.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)