|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
2. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
3. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
4. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
5. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
2. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
3. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
4. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
5. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
6. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
7. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
8. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
9. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
10. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laura was fascinated with the Russian immigrants she met. What caused this fascination, and how did it affect her demeanor for the remainder of the trip?
Essay Topic 2
Which person from this book did you relate with the most? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Wilders choose to leave De Smet, and what affects will their absence have on the people left behind?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)