|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
2. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
3. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
4. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
5. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
2. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
3. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
4. What was so different about Stanton?
5. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
6. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
7. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
8. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
9. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
10. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main differences that the Wilders observed as they took their journey west, and how do these changes affect the family?
Essay Topic 3
Where did the theme of technology appear in this book, and how did it change the course of the Wilder's journey?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)