|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
2. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
3. How wide was the Platte River?
4. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
5. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
2. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
3. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
4. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
5. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
6. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
7. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
8. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
9. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
10. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of unlikely friendships forged in this book. Please explain some of these friendships, and describe how their relationship was forged, as well as how this relationship affected the outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Which person from this book did you relate with the most? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Rose feels very strongly that childhood is an integral part of a person's personality. Why does she feel this way, and what evidence does she present to support her statement? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)