Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
2. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
3. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
4. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
5. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
2. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
3. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
4. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
5. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
6. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
7. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
8. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
9. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
10. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
Essay Topic 1
Rose feels very strongly that childhood is an integral part of a person's personality. Why does she feel this way, and what evidence does she present to support her statement? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Laura has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)