Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
2. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
3. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
4. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
5. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
2. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
3. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
4. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
5. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
6. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
7. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
8. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
9. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
10. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
Essay Topic 1
Creativity and Curiosity are two traits that Rose sees in her father. How do these traits make him different than other men, and how does this affect his relationships with his wife and daughter?
Essay Topic 2
What are Rose's final words in the book, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Patience was an attribute that was very apparent in a number of the people described in this book. Where did this attribute appear, and how was the trip changed and enhanced because of the people who possessed this trait?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)