|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
2. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
3. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
4. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
5. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
2. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
3. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
4. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
5. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
6. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
7. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
8. Why were the Wilders so anxious to get on their journey when the weather got good?
9. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
10. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger and the consequences of it is a huge theme presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)