|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
2. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
3. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
4. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
5. Where did Rose's parents get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
2. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
3. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
4. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
5. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
6. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
7. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
8. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
9. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
10. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
Essay Topic 1
Which person from this book did you relate with the most? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are Rose's final words in the book, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Almanzo is an upbeat man. How does this major feature about him affect the people around him? What are people's first impressions of him, and how does this affect Almanzo's capacity to lead? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)