|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
2. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
3. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
4. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
5. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
2. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
3. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
4. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
5. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
6. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
7. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
8. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
9. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
10. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
Essay Topic 2
Creativity and Curiosity are two traits that Rose sees in her father. How do these traits make him different than other men, and how does this affect his relationships with his wife and daughter?
Essay Topic 3
Who is involved in clearing the land at the Wilder farm, and what do they each have to gain by doing this?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)