|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
2. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
3. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
4. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
5. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
2. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
3. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
4. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
5. What happened on the 5th of August?
6. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
7. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
8. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
9. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
10. What was so different about Stanton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the $100 bill, and what did this situation reveal about each of the Wilder family members?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Wilders choose to leave De Smet, and what affects will their absence have on the people left behind?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main differences that the Wilders observed as they took their journey west, and how do these changes affect the family?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)