|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
2. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
3. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
4. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
5. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
2. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
3. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
4. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
5. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
6. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
7. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
8. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
9. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
10. What happened on the 5th of August?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person from this book did you relate with the most? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of unlikely friendships forged in this book. Please explain some of these friendships, and describe how their relationship was forged, as well as how this relationship affected the outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are the main differences that the Wilders observed as they took their journey west, and how do these changes affect the family?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)