|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A field.
(b) Housing units.
(c) A school.
(d) A farm.
2. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(b) He heard from Sherwin.
(c) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(d) He got an offer for employment.
3. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
(a) Marys Town.
4. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Fed the animals.
(c) Wrote letters.
5. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked a banker.
(b) He used a land agent.
(c) He asked around.
(d) He walked on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
2. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
3. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
4. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
5. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
2. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
3. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
4. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
5. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
6. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
7. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
8. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
9. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
10. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)