|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) An immigrant.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A land agent.
2. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 10:30 am.
(b) 1:30 pm.
(c) 12:30 am.
(d) 11:30 am.
3. How did Laura respond to the missing money?
(a) Went to church to pray.
(b) Fretted and fumed.
(c) Got to work making more money.
(d) Searched the wagon.
4. Who found the missing money?
5. What was Rose's first chore at the new house?
(a) Washing windows.
(b) Fetching water.
(c) Dusting shelves.
(d) Feeding animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
2. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
3. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
4. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
5. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
2. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
3. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
4. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
5. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
6. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
7. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
8. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
9. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
10. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)