|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) A land agent.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An immigrant.
(d) A farmer.
2. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A train track.
(b) A river.
(c) A forest.
(d) A road.
3. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
4. Who wrote the third chapter?
5. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 2:24 pm.
(b) 1:14 pm.
(c) 2:14 pm.
(d) 3:24 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
2. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
3. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
4. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
5. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
2. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
3. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
4. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
5. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
6. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
7. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
8. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
9. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
10. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)