|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Clay county.
(b) Cedar County.
(c) Carbon County.
(d) Clear County.
2. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(b) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(c) He got an offer for employment.
(d) He heard from Sherwin.
3. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Fed the animals.
(c) Wrote letters.
4. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) It had clear water.
(b) It came out of a cave.
(c) It created a waterfall.
(d) All of these.
5. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) His family was starving.
(b) He couldn't do it alone.
(c) He wanted to make a friend.
(d) Laura got hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
2. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
3. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
4. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
5. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
2. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
3. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
4. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
5. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
6. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
7. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
8. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
9. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
10. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)