|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was about the same.
(b) It was better.
(c) It was more mature.
(d) It was not as extensive.
2. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
(a) The rolling land.
(b) The shade trees.
(c) The cooler weather.
(d) The rivers.
3. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) It had clear water.
(b) It created a waterfall.
(c) All of these.
(d) It came out of a cave.
4. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What was the name of Paul's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
2. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
3. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
4. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
5. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
2. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
3. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
4. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
5. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
6. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
7. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
8. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
9. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
10. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)