|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 1 week.
2. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(a) South Dakota.
3. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
(a) A memorial association.
(b) Almanzo's family members.
(c) A historical society.
(d) Lane's family.
4. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
5. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
(a) Dernville Township.
(b) Daniel County.
(c) Douglas County.
(d) Dugway County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
2. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
3. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
4. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
5. What river in Kansas did the Wilders cross a few times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
2. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
3. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
4. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
5. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
6. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
7. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
8. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
9. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
10. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)