|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
2. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Maple trees.
(c) Wheat fields.
(d) White fences.
4. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
5. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The people.
(b) The orchards.
(c) The structures.
(d) The rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
2. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
3. What was the name of Paul's brother?
4. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
5. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
2. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
3. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
4. How was the missing money found?
5. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
6. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
7. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
8. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
9. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
10. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)