|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
(a) Maple trees.
(b) Oak trees.
(c) White fences.
(d) Wheat fields.
2. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) The big town.
(b) The forest.
(c) The hut.
(d) The animals.
3. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The structures.
(b) The rivers.
(c) The orchards.
(d) The people.
4. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He walked on his own.
(b) He used a land agent.
(c) He asked around.
(d) He asked a banker.
5. What spooked Prince?
(a) A black man.
(b) A train.
(c) A gun.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
2. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
3. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
4. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
5. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
2. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
3. How was the missing money found?
4. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
5. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
6. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
7. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
8. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
9. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
10. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)