|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
3. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
(a) Dugway County.
(b) Daniel County.
(c) Dernville Township.
(d) Douglas County.
4. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) All of these.
(b) Motor cars.
(c) Electric street cars.
(d) Asphalt roads.
5. Where did the Wilders keep the money for their down payment on the land?
(a) Almanzo's boot.
(b) The lapdesk.
(c) A flour canister.
(d) Rose's dress hem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
2. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
3. What was the name of Paul's brother?
4. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
5. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
2. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
3. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
4. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
5. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
6. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
7. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
8. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
9. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
10. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)