|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
(a) Lane's family.
(b) A memorial association.
(c) A historical society.
(d) Almanzo's family members.
2. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The orchards.
(c) The structures.
(d) The people.
3. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 2:24 pm.
(b) 3:24 pm.
(c) 1:14 pm.
(d) 2:14 pm.
4. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
(a) They were different.
(b) They were easy to follow.
(c) They were not as hot.
(d) They were easy on the horses.
5. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) Laura got hurt.
(b) He wanted to make a friend.
(c) He couldn't do it alone.
(d) His family was starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
2. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
3. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
4. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
5. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
2. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
3. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
4. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
5. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
6. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
7. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
8. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
9. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
10. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)