|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) All of these.
(b) It came out of a cave.
(c) It created a waterfall.
(d) It had clear water.
2. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Asphalt roads.
(b) All of these.
(c) Motor cars.
(d) Electric street cars.
4. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He heard from Sherwin.
(b) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(c) He got an offer for employment.
(d) He found a good patch of land for sale.
5. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
2. Who wrote the third chapter?
3. Where did Prince get spooked?
4. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
5. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
2. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
3. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
4. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
5. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
6. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
7. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
8. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
9. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
10. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)