|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Clear land.
(b) Plant seedlings.
(c) Put down fertilizer.
(d) Buy good seeds.
2. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
3. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
4. What did Laura and Almanzo do before purchasing their land?
(a) Toured the land themselves.
(b) Took Rose to see the land.
(d) Got in their best clothes.
5. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
(a) A historical society.
(b) Lane's family.
(c) A memorial association.
(d) Almanzo's family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
2. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
3. What kind of house was on the new land?
4. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
5. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
2. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
3. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
4. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
5. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
6. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
7. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
8. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
9. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
10. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)