|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Laura respond to the missing money?
(a) Went to church to pray.
(b) Got to work making more money.
(c) Fretted and fumed.
(d) Searched the wagon.
2. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Motor cars.
(b) Electric street cars.
(c) Asphalt roads.
(d) All of these.
3. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
4. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
5. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
(a) They were easy on the horses.
(b) They were different.
(c) They were easy to follow.
(d) They were not as hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
2. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
3. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
4. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
5. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
2. What facts did Laura give about Mansfield after she arrived there?
3. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
4. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
5. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
6. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
7. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
8. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
9. How was the missing money found?
10. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)