|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The rolling land.
(c) The cooler weather.
(d) The shade trees.
2. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
3. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A forest.
(b) A road.
(c) A river.
(d) A train track.
4. What did Laura and Almanzo do before purchasing their land?
(b) Toured the land themselves.
(c) Got in their best clothes.
(d) Took Rose to see the land.
5. Where was the missing money found?
(a) Under a can of flour.
(b) In Almanzo's boot.
(c) Under a slat in the wagon.
(d) A seam of the lapdesk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
2. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
3. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
4. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
5. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)