|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 1 week.
2. Where was the missing money found?
(a) A seam of the lapdesk.
(b) In Almanzo's boot.
(c) Under a slat in the wagon.
(d) Under a can of flour.
3. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
(a) Clear skies.
(b) A rain storm.
(d) Howling wolves.
4. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(a) Wild fruit.
(b) Milk and nuts.
5. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) The animals.
(b) The forest.
(c) The big town.
(d) The hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
2. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
3. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
4. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
5. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
2. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
3. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
4. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
5. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
6. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
7. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
8. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
9. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
10. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)