|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked a banker.
(b) He used a land agent.
(c) He walked on his own.
(d) He asked around.
2. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
(a) They were not farmers.
(b) They didn't want the population to boom.
(c) They didn't know how.
(d) There was no economy.
3. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A road.
(b) A train track.
(c) A river.
(d) A forest.
4. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Brushed her hair.
(b) Taught Rose.
(c) Read the bible.
(d) Wrote letters.
5. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
2. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
3. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
4. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
5. What did the Wilders take a detour in Kansas to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
2. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
3. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
4. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
5. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
6. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
7. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
8. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
9. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
10. Why did the people around Fort Scott not farm the good land outside of the town?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)