|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The rolling land.
(c) The cooler weather.
(d) The shade trees.
2. What was clabber?
(a) Curdled milk.
(c) Hard tack.
(d) Bear jerkey.
3. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) One and a half miles.
(d) Half a mile.
5. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 3:24 pm.
(b) 1:14 pm.
(c) 2:14 pm.
(d) 2:24 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
2. What did the new land have many acres of?
3. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
4. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
5. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
2. How did Laura feel about her surroundings as she neared the border of Missouri?
3. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells in a field in Missouri?
4. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
5. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
6. How was the missing money found?
7. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
8. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
9. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
10. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)