|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
2. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
3. What did the new land have many acres of?
(a) Thorny bushes.
(b) Rolling fields.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Uncleared timber.
4. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
(a) He was not injured.
(b) He was not stolen.
(c) He came back willingly.
(d) He did not bite her.
5. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
2. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
3. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
4. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
5. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the missing money found?
2. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
3. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
4. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
5. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
6. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
7. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
8. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
9. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
10. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)