|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A ten.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Their wagon.
2. How did Almanzo respond to the missing money?
(a) Got to work making more money.
(b) Searched the wagon.
(c) Went to church to pray.
(d) Fretted and fumed.
3. What spooked Prince?
(a) A gun.
(b) A black man.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
4. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 2:14 pm.
(b) 3:24 pm.
(c) 1:14 pm.
(d) 2:24 pm.
5. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Wrote letters.
(b) Brushed her hair.
(c) Read the bible.
(d) Taught Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
2. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
3. What kind of house was on the new land?
4. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
5. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilders think of Springfield, and what did they do there?
2. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
3. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
4. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
5. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
6. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
7. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
8. What, in Topeka, impressed Laura?
9. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
10. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)