|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
(a) One and a half miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) 1 mile.
2. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
3. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
(a) Dernville Township.
(b) Douglas County.
(c) Dugway County.
(d) Daniel County.
4. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Brushed her hair.
(b) Wrote letters.
(c) Taught Rose.
(d) Read the bible.
5. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
2. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
3. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
4. What kind of house was on the new land?
5. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
2. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
3. What did Laura notice was different about things in Lane, Kansas?
4. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
5. What happened when Almanzo and Laura returned from the Land Agent's office?
6. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
7. What did the land that the Wilders purchased include?
8. What did Laura think happened to the missing money, and why?
9. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
10. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)