|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
(d) Marys Town.
2. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 1 week.
3. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
4. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
5. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the third chapter?
2. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
3. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
4. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
5. Who found the missing money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say about all the bad comments they heard from people about Missouri?
2. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
3. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
4. What did Laura find shortly after crossing the Kansas River?
5. What did Rose and her friends do while their parents looked for homes in the area?
6. What did the Wilders get when they were in Fort Scott?
7. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
8. How did Laura say the cornfields in Missouri compared to those in Kansas?
9. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
10. Where had Sherwin settled, and how was this discovered?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)