|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 7th.
(b) June 25th.
(c) July 17th.
(d) July 5th.
2. How much money a week did Laura earn?
3. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Corn Husker.
(b) Battle Creek.
4. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
5. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
2. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
3. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
4. How wide was the Platte River?
5. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
2. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
3. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
4. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
5. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
6. What happened on the 5th of August?
7. What was so different about Stanton?
8. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
9. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
10. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)