|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Blue skies.
(b) Green fields.
(c) Large bodies of water.
(d) Tall mountains.
2. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
(a) Wheat fields.
(c) Traveling parties.
(d) Large cities.
3. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 day.
4. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
2. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
3. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
4. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
5. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
2. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
3. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
4. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
5. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
6. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
7. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
8. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
9. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
10. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)