|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
2. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A real church.
(c) A motor car.
(d) An organ.
3. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
(a) Horse traders.
(b) Land traders.
(c) Money lenders.
(d) Cow traders.
4. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(b) It is told in the third person.
(c) It is a journal entry.
(d) It is told in the first person.
5. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
(a) It was lovely.
(b) It was no good.
(c) It was a wasteland.
(d) It was too populated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
2. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
3. What was Almanzo's nickname?
4. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
5. How much money a week did Laura earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on the 5th of August?
2. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
3. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
4. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
5. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
6. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
7. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
8. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
9. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
10. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)