|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
2. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They used a ferry.
(b) They forded it.
(c) They crossed a bridge.
(d) They crossed at a narrow spot.
3. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
(a) Horse traders.
(b) Money lenders.
(c) Cow traders.
(d) Land traders.
4. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) A draught.
(b) Sandy soil.
(c) Soil erosion.
(d) Bad storms.
5. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) A list of events.
(b) Journal Entries.
(d) A third person narrative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
2. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
3. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
4. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
2. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
3. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
4. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
5. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
6. When did the Wilders get to Mansfield?
7. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
8. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
9. What does the first picture included of Mansfield show?
10. What happened on the 5th of August?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)