|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A memorandum book.
(c) Scrap pieces of paper.
2. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Sandy soil.
(b) A draught.
(c) Bad storms.
(d) Soil erosion.
3. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) Traveling parties.
(d) Large cities.
4. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
5. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Large bodies of water.
(b) Tall mountains.
(c) Blue skies.
(d) Green fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
2. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
3. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
4. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
5. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
2. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
3. What was so different about Stanton?
4. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
5. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
6. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
7. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
8. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
9. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
10. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)