|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A choir.
(b) A school class.
(c) A church class.
(d) A baseball team.
2. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) A draught.
(b) Soil erosion.
(c) Sandy soil.
(d) Bad storms.
3. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
(a) Traveling parties.
(b) Large cities.
(c) Wheat fields.
4. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 2.5 inches.
(d) 7.5 inches.
5. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose's parents get married?
2. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
3. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
4. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
5. What got lost on August 5th?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Wilders live while they worked on getting a home?
2. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
3. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
4. What happened to one of the horses in Rossville?
5. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
6. How did Laura describe St. Marys?
7. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
8. Why were the Wilders so anxious to get on their journey when the weather got good?
9. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
10. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)