|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To escape the animals.
(b) To avoid the wind.
(c) To hide from Indians.
(d) To build campfires.
2. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
(a) Sang songs.
(b) Sold supplies.
(c) Swapped stories.
(d) Avoided each other.
3. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
4. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 8 years.
5. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) An ear of corn.
(b) An apple.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) A wheat stalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
2. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
3. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
4. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
5. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
2. What did Laura do while Almanzo worked on clearing the land?
3. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
4. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
5. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
6. What was so different about Stanton?
7. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
8. What was the first chore Rose was given on the new land?
9. What happened on the 5th of August?
10. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)