|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Corn Husker.
(c) Battle Creek.
2. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They forded it.
(b) They crossed a bridge.
(c) They used a ferry.
(d) They crossed at a narrow spot.
3. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 day.
4. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Haroldson Township.
(b) Hendrickson County.
(c) Hutchinson County.
(d) Henderson City.
5. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 7 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
2. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
3. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
4. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
5. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
2. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
3. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
4. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
5. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
6. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
7. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
8. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
9. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
10. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)