|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
2. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They were leaving their property.
(b) There were too many traveling immigrants.
(c) They did not like Americans.
(d) They were afraid to be robbed.
3. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
4. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Hutchinson County.
(b) Henderson City.
(c) Haroldson Township.
(d) Hendrickson County.
5. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A choir.
(b) A school class.
(c) A church class.
(d) A baseball team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
2. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
4. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
5. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
2. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
3. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
4. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
5. What was so different about Stanton?
6. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
7. What happened on the 5th of August?
8. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
9. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
10. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)