|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Fortune.
(b) The Land of Plenty.
(c) The Land of Promise.
(d) The Lacn of Opportunity.
2. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is a journal entry.
(b) It is told in the first person.
(c) It is told in the third person.
(d) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
3. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
(a) Mr. Cooley.
4. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
2. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
3. Where was the Canadian woman from?
4. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
5. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
2. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
3. What are the three "Miss" States that Rose talks about in the first chapter?
4. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
5. What did local farmers in Nebraska say about their fields that looked as though they were doing well?
6. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
7. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
8. What happened on the 5th of August?
9. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
10. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)