|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
2. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A couple of feed boxes.
(c) A freight wagon.
(d) A hack.
3. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Scroll River.
(b) Sell River.
(c) Stall River.
(d) Shell River.
4. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to see their relatives.
(b) They wanted to have more options.
(c) They wanted to get there faster.
(d) They wanted to avoid the hills.
5. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
2. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
3. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
4. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
5. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Wilders so anxious to get on their journey when the weather got good?
2. What was so different about Stanton?
3. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
4. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
5. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
6. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
7. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
8. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
9. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
10. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)