|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
2. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 92 degrees.
(b) 102 degress.
(c) 82 degrees.
(d) 72 degrees.
3. What was the date of the last day of the journey?
(a) August 20th.
(b) August 30th.
(c) September 1st.
(d) August 25th.
4. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
5. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Hutchinson County.
(b) Henderson City.
(c) Hendrickson County.
(d) Haroldson Township.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
2. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
3. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
4. Where was the Canadian woman from?
5. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
2. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
3. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
4. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
5. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
6. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
7. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
8. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
9. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
10. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)