|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
2. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
3. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
4. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
(a) A ledger.
(b) Scrap pieces of paper.
(c) A memorandum book.
5. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A choir.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A church class.
(d) A school class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
2. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
3. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
4. What got lost on August 5th?
5. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
2. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
3. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
4. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
5. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
6. What did local farmers in Nebraska say about their fields that looked as though they were doing well?
7. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
8. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
9. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
10. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)