|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
2. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
3. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
(a) A large black man.
(b) A train.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A motor car.
4. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
(b) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
(c) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
(d) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
5. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
2. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
3. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
4. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
5. How much money a week did Laura earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilders do on their Sundays while traveling?
2. Who did Almanzo get to help clear his land, and why?
3. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
4. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
5. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
6. What did the Wilder family do on the first Sunday they were in Missouri?
7. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
8. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
9. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
10. How was the missing money found?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)