|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
(a) It was lovely.
(b) It was too populated.
(c) It was no good.
(d) It was a wasteland.
2. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The honey.
(b) The lap desk.
(c) The thermometer.
(d) The asbestos fire mats.
3. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
4. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Tall mountains.
(b) Green fields.
(c) Large bodies of water.
(d) Blue skies.
5. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Shell River.
(b) Stall River.
(c) Scroll River.
(d) Sell River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
2. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
3. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
4. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
5. What was Laura's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
2. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
3. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
4. What happened on the 5th of August?
5. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
6. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
7. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
8. Why were the Wilders so anxious to get on their journey when the weather got good?
9. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
10. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)