|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The money rights.
(b) The tires.
(c) The horses.
(d) The wagon order.
2. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Corn Husker.
(c) Battle Creek.
4. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
(a) A large black man.
(b) A train.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A motor car.
5. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
2. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
3. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
4. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
5. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
2. How did Mr. Sherwin convince the Wilders of where to move their family to?
3. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
4. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
5. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
6. What happened on the 5th of August?
7. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
8. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
9. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
10. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)