|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They hunted.
(b) They picked berries.
(c) They fished.
(d) They harvested abandoned farms.
2. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
3. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
(a) Sold supplies.
(b) Sang songs.
(c) Avoided each other.
(d) Swapped stories.
4. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
5. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(c) Battle Creek.
(d) Corn Husker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
2. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
3. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
4. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
5. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
2. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
3. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
4. What was so different about Stanton?
5. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
6. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
7. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
8. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
9. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
10. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)