|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Ville.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Varen.
2. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(a) Small population.
(c) High rate of inflation.
3. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
4. How much money a week did Laura earn?
5. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Green fields.
(b) Tall mountains.
(c) Large bodies of water.
(d) Blue skies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
2. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
3. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
4. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
5. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
2. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
3. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
4. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
5. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
6. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
7. What did the immigrants give the Wilders when they left, and why?
8. What are the three "Miss" States that Rose talks about in the first chapter?
9. What was so different about Stanton?
10. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)