|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
2. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
3. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Varen.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Ville.
4. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(b) Corn Husker.
(c) Battle Creek.
5. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
(a) 700 miles.
(b) 750 miles.
(c) 600 miles.
(d) 650 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
2. What was Almanzo's nickname?
3. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
4. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
5. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
2. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
3. Why were the Wilders so anxious to get on their journey when the weather got good?
4. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
5. What did Almanzo buy a bunch of before the trip, and why?
6. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
7. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
8. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
9. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
10. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)