|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
2. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 7th.
(b) July 5th.
(c) July 17th.
(d) June 25th.
3. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
(a) Large cities.
(b) Traveling parties.
(c) Wheat fields.
4. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coopers.
(b) The Cooleys.
(c) The Coreys.
(d) The Coolridges.
5. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
(a) An organ.
(b) A real church.
(c) A motor car.
(d) A schoolhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
2. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
3. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
4. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
5. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so different about Stanton?
2. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
3. What did Laura do to prepare for her family's trip?
4. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
5. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
6. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
7. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
8. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
9. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
10. What made Laura happy about the ferry crossing?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)