|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
2. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Blue skies.
(b) Large bodies of water.
(c) Green fields.
(d) Tall mountains.
3. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
4. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
5. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(c) Miss Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
2. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
3. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
4. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
5. Where was the Canadian woman from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
2. How did Laura describe the conditions of the farms by the James River?
3. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
4. What did the wind in Yankton cause the Wilders to do with their wagon?
5. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
6. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
7. What happened on the 5th of August?
8. What did the Wilders see in Yankton?
9. What did Laura insist the children do while they swam in the James River, and why?
10. Why did one woman call the people in Missouri hovels?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)