|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They crossed a bridge.
(b) They forded it themselves.
(c) They used a ferry.
(d) They built a shanty bridge.
2. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
3. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
4. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
5. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) A choir.
(c) A church class.
(d) A school class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
2. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
3. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
4. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
5. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Almanzo stop doing when they started passing numerous immigrant wagon trains?
2. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
3. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
4. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
5. How did the Wilders store the money they saved up for their trip?
6. Why did Mr. Cooley wish they had taken a more westernly route?
7. What was the major drawback that Laura found when she got to Mansfield?
8. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
9. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
10. How did Almanzo go about finding a piece of good land he could afford?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)