|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
2. What was Laura's maiden name?
3. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(a) All of these.
(d) Water barrels.
4. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The lap desk.
(b) The thermometer.
(c) The honey.
(d) The asbestos fire mats.
5. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Fortune.
(b) The Land of Promise.
(c) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(d) The Land of Plenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
2. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
3. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
4. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
5. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What services were the Wilders able to get in Yankton, and what were they surprised to not be able to find there?
2. How did Rose's parents make money before heading on their journey?
3. What caused the Wilders to want to move from South Dakota?
4. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
5. What is Laura's longest entry of the entire trip about?
6. What did Laura marvel at while passing a farm in Nebraska?
7. What happened on the 5th of August?
8. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
9. What did local farmers in Nebraska say about their fields that looked as though they were doing well?
10. What was so different about Stanton?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)