|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A wheat stalk.
(b) An apple.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) An ear of corn.
2. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) A choir.
(c) A school class.
(d) A church class.
3. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 102 degress.
(b) 92 degrees.
(c) 82 degrees.
(d) 72 degrees.
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
2. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
3. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
4. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
5. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wilders buy when near the James River, and how much did they pay?
2. How did Laura pass the time while the tires were being reset?
3. What are the three "Miss" States that Rose talks about in the first chapter?
4. How did Almanzo get the wagon for his family to travel in?
5. What happened when the Cooleys lost their dog along the trip?
6. What kind of pictures are included with the first chapter of this book?
7. What does Laura say is strange to her about rivers and lakes?
8. What did the Wilders think of Lincoln?
9. Why were the Wilders so anxious to get on their journey when the weather got good?
10. What did Laura call the James River, and why?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)