|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found the missing money?
2. Where did Prince get spooked?
(a) Ross Towneship.
(b) Ross Town.
3. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
4. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
(b) Red stones.
5. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
6. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
(a) They didn't know how.
(b) There was no economy.
(c) They were not farmers.
(d) They didn't want the population to boom.
7. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
8. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
(a) The children walked faster.
(b) The horses were healed.
(c) The weather was good.
(d) The roads were better.
9. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Clear County.
(b) Carbon County.
(c) Clay county.
(d) Cedar County.
10. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Electric street cars.
(b) All of these.
(c) Motor cars.
(d) Asphalt roads.
11. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) It had clear water.
(b) It came out of a cave.
(c) All of these.
(d) It created a waterfall.
12. What was clabber?
(a) Hard tack.
(c) Bear jerkey.
(d) Curdled milk.
13. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) One and a half miles.
(d) Half a mile.
14. Where was Laura standing in the picture that shows Almanzo and the horse team?
(a) In a buggy.
(b) The house window.
(c) On the horse.
(d) A ravine.
15. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was about the same.
(b) It was better.
(c) It was not as extensive.
(d) It was more mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
2. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
3. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
4. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
5. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)