|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
2. What was Rose's first chore at the new house?
(a) Dusting shelves.
(b) Feeding animals.
(c) Washing windows.
(d) Fetching water.
3. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 1:14 pm.
(b) 2:14 pm.
(c) 3:24 pm.
(d) 2:24 pm.
4. Where was Laura standing in the picture that shows Almanzo and the horse team?
(a) In a buggy.
(b) The house window.
(c) A ravine.
(d) On the horse.
5. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
(a) Maple trees.
(b) White fences.
(c) Wheat fields.
(d) Oak trees.
6. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
(a) Wild fruit.
(b) Some leaves.
7. Who wrote the third chapter?
8. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
(a) Visited a library.
(b) Rode her horse.
(c) Toured around.
9. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
10. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) It got too cold.
(b) The people were backward.
(c) There were lots of immigrants there.
(d) The food was bad.
11. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
12. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
13. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 11:30 am.
(b) 1:30 pm.
(c) 12:30 am.
(d) 10:30 am.
14. What was declared the nicest small town of the trip?
15. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A train track.
(b) A road.
(c) A forest.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found the missing money?
2. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
3. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
4. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
5. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)