|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
2. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(a) Wild fruit.
(b) Milk and nuts.
3. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 27 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
4. What was the name of Paul's brother?
5. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked a banker.
(b) He asked around.
(c) He used a land agent.
(d) He walked on his own.
6. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
(a) They were easy on the horses.
(b) They were not as hot.
(c) They were easy to follow.
(d) They were different.
7. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
8. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
9. Who found the missing money?
10. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A farm.
(b) A field.
(c) A school.
(d) Housing units.
11. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 2 years.
12. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) The people were backward.
(b) There were lots of immigrants there.
(c) The food was bad.
(d) It got too cold.
13. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They were playing her favorite song.
(b) They ran off the other emigrants.
(c) They were creating a new hymn.
(d) They were welcoming her home.
14. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A ten.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) Their wagon.
15. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(c) Black and Tan.
(d) White and Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
2. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
3. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
4. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
5. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)