|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 1:14 pm.
(b) 2:24 pm.
(c) 3:24 pm.
(d) 2:14 pm.
2. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 60 cents.
(c) 70 cents.
(d) 40 cents.
3. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) A ten.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) Their wagon.
(d) A hotel.
4. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
5. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) A land agent.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A farmer.
(d) An immigrant.
6. What spooked Prince?
(a) A gun.
(b) A car.
(c) A black man.
(d) A train.
7. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Read the bible.
(b) Brushed her hair.
(c) Taught Rose.
(d) Wrote letters.
8. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Buy good seeds.
(b) Put down fertilizer.
(c) Plant seedlings.
(d) Clear land.
9. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
10. What did the Wilders take a detour in Kansas to see?
(a) A museum.
(b) The capitol.
(c) The river.
11. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
(a) The children walked faster.
(b) The horses were healed.
(c) The roads were better.
(d) The weather was good.
12. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They ran off the other emigrants.
(b) They were welcoming her home.
(c) They were playing her favorite song.
(d) They were creating a new hymn.
13. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
14. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 1 week.
15. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
(a) Red stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
2. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
3. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
4. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
5. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)