|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
2. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
3. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 27 miles.
4. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Understated and protecting.
(b) Grand and glorious.
(c) Large and scary.
(d) Beautiful and compelling.
5. Where did Prince get spooked?
(a) Ross Towneship.
(b) Ross Town.
6. What did the Wilders take a detour in Kansas to see?
(b) A museum.
(c) The capitol.
(d) The river.
7. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(b) The finest in the country.
(c) About average for the area.
(d) The best for farmers.
8. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Motor cars.
(b) Electric street cars.
(c) Asphalt roads.
(d) All of these.
9. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
(d) Fort Scott.
10. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) It got too cold.
(b) The people were backward.
(c) There were lots of immigrants there.
(d) The food was bad.
11. What kind of house was on the new land?
(a) A board house.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A hut.
(d) A clay house.
12. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They ran off the other emigrants.
(b) They were welcoming her home.
(c) They were playing her favorite song.
(d) They were creating a new hymn.
13. How did Almanzo respond to the missing money?
(a) Fretted and fumed.
(b) Went to church to pray.
(c) Searched the wagon.
(d) Got to work making more money.
14. What was the name of Paul's brother?
15. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Wrote letters.
(b) Fed the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the third chapter?
2. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
3. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
4. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
5. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)