|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house was on the new land?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A clay house.
(c) A board house.
(d) A hut.
2. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
3. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
(a) They were not as hot.
(b) They were easy to follow.
(c) They were easy on the horses.
(d) They were different.
4. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
(d) Ole Blue.
5. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
6. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A train track.
(b) A forest.
(c) A road.
(d) A river.
7. Which of the following was NOT a term used by Laura to describe the towns in Missouri?
8. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) He couldn't do it alone.
(b) He wanted to make a friend.
(c) Laura got hurt.
(d) His family was starving.
9. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) Their wagon.
(c) A ten.
(d) A hotel.
10. What was Rose's first chore at the new house?
(a) Dusting shelves.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Fetching water.
(d) Feeding animals.
11. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(b) Wrote letters.
(d) Fed the animals.
12. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
(a) Bare backed horses.
(b) Black people.
13. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) There were lots of immigrants there.
(b) The food was bad.
(c) It got too cold.
(d) The people were backward.
14. Who wrote the third chapter?
15. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) It came out of a cave.
(b) It had clear water.
(c) All of these.
(d) It created a waterfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
2. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
3. What kind of building did Laura get excited to see in Missouri?
4. How many wagons entered the destination town at the same time as the Wilders?
5. What did Laura and Almanzo do before purchasing their land?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)