|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They were playing her favorite song.
(b) They ran off the other emigrants.
(c) They were creating a new hymn.
(d) They were welcoming her home.
2. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
(a) Fort Scott.
3. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
4. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
(d) Ole Blue.
5. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
6. Who found the missing money?
7. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
(c) Bare backed horses.
(d) Black people.
8. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(b) South Dakota.
9. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) It came out of a cave.
(b) It created a waterfall.
(c) All of these.
(d) It had clear water.
10. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(b) Black and Tan.
(c) White and Brown.
11. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He walked on his own.
(b) He asked a banker.
(c) He used a land agent.
(d) He asked around.
12. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) The animals.
(b) The hut.
(c) The forest.
(d) The big town.
13. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
14. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) White fences.
15. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(b) Wild fruit.
(d) Milk and nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the trip through Missouri?
2. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
3. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
4. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
5. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)