|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(a) White and Brown.
(c) Black and Tan.
2. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was better.
(b) It was about the same.
(c) It was not as extensive.
(d) It was more mature.
3. What kind of house was on the new land?
(a) A hut.
(b) A clay house.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A board house.
4. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
5. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) A farmer.
(b) An immigrant.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A land agent.
6. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
(b) Ole Blue.
7. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Buy good seeds.
(b) Clear land.
(c) Plant seedlings.
(d) Put down fertilizer.
8. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
9. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Clay county.
(b) Carbon County.
(c) Clear County.
(d) Cedar County.
10. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(b) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(c) He got an offer for employment.
(d) He heard from Sherwin.
11. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(c) Milk and nuts.
(d) Wild fruit.
12. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They were creating a new hymn.
(b) They were welcoming her home.
(c) They ran off the other emigrants.
(d) They were playing her favorite song.
13. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
14. What spooked Prince?
(a) A gun.
(b) A train.
(c) A black man.
(d) A car.
15. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
(a) He did not bite her.
(b) He came back willingly.
(c) He was not stolen.
(d) He was not injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
2. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
3. What river in Kansas did the Wilders cross a few times?
4. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
5. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)