|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
2. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He used a land agent.
(b) He walked on his own.
(c) He asked around.
(d) He asked a banker.
3. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Understated and protecting.
(b) Beautiful and compelling.
(c) Large and scary.
(d) Grand and glorious.
4. Who found the missing money?
5. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A train track.
(b) A road.
(c) A river.
(d) A forest.
6. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They ran off the other emigrants.
(b) They were playing her favorite song.
(c) They were welcoming her home.
(d) They were creating a new hymn.
7. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Cedar County.
(b) Carbon County.
(c) Clay county.
(d) Clear County.
8. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He heard from Sherwin.
(b) He got an offer for employment.
(c) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(d) He found a good patch of land for sale.
9. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 10:30 am.
(b) 11:30 am.
(c) 1:30 pm.
(d) 12:30 am.
10. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
(a) Dernville Township.
(b) Douglas County.
(c) Daniel County.
(d) Dugway County.
11. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Plant seedlings.
(b) Clear land.
(c) Put down fertilizer.
(d) Buy good seeds.
12. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
(a) Almanzo's family members.
(b) Lane's family.
(c) A historical society.
(d) A memorial association.
13. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
(d) Fort Scott.
14. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
15. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was better.
(b) It was about the same.
(c) It was not as extensive.
(d) It was more mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
2. Where was Laura standing in the picture that shows Almanzo and the horse team?
3. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
4. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
5. What was clabber?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)