|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
(a) He came back willingly.
(b) He did not bite her.
(c) He was not stolen.
(d) He was not injured.
2. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
(a) They were easy to follow.
(b) They were not as hot.
(c) They were different.
(d) They were easy on the horses.
3. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 5 pounds.
(d) 15 pounds.
4. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
5. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
6. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) About average for the area.
(b) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(c) The finest in the country.
(d) The best for farmers.
7. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
8. Who found the missing money?
9. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 27 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
10. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(b) White and Brown.
(d) Black and Tan.
11. How did Almanzo respond to the missing money?
(a) Searched the wagon.
(b) Got to work making more money.
(c) Fretted and fumed.
(d) Went to church to pray.
12. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) The big town.
(b) The hut.
(c) The forest.
(d) The animals.
13. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
14. Where did Prince get spooked?
(a) Ross Towneship.
(d) Ross Town.
15. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) Their wagon.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
2. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
3. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
4. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
5. Where was Laura standing in the picture that shows Almanzo and the horse team?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)