|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the third chapter?
2. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) It got too cold.
(b) The people were backward.
(c) There were lots of immigrants there.
(d) The food was bad.
3. What did the new land have many acres of?
(a) Uncleared timber.
(b) Apple trees.
(c) Rolling fields.
(d) Thorny bushes.
4. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(a) White and Brown.
(b) Black and Tan.
5. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
6. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A field.
(b) Housing units.
(c) A school.
(d) A farm.
7. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
8. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
9. How did Laura respond to the missing money?
(a) Fretted and fumed.
(b) Got to work making more money.
(c) Went to church to pray.
(d) Searched the wagon.
10. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The orchards.
(c) The people.
(d) The structures.
11. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) The best for farmers.
(b) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(c) The finest in the country.
(d) About average for the area.
12. What river in Kansas did the Wilders cross a few times?
(a) The White River.
(b) The Blue River.
(c) The Green River.
(d) The Black River.
13. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
(a) Fort Scott.
14. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked around.
(b) He asked a banker.
(c) He walked on his own.
(d) He used a land agent.
15. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
2. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
3. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
4. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
5. What did Laura and Almanzo do before purchasing their land?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)