|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
2. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) The people were backward.
(b) The food was bad.
(c) It got too cold.
(d) There were lots of immigrants there.
3. What was the name of Paul's brother?
4. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
(a) The rolling land.
(b) The shade trees.
(c) The cooler weather.
(d) The rivers.
5. Where was the missing money found?
(a) In Almanzo's boot.
(b) A seam of the lapdesk.
(c) Under a slat in the wagon.
(d) Under a can of flour.
6. What was declared the nicest small town of the trip?
7. How did Laura respond to the missing money?
(a) Searched the wagon.
(b) Got to work making more money.
(c) Went to church to pray.
(d) Fretted and fumed.
8. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The structures.
(b) The rivers.
(c) The people.
(d) The orchards.
9. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was better.
(b) It was about the same.
(c) It was not as extensive.
(d) It was more mature.
10. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He used a land agent.
(b) He asked a banker.
(c) He asked around.
(d) He walked on his own.
11. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 3:24 pm.
(b) 1:14 pm.
(c) 2:24 pm.
(d) 2:14 pm.
12. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) He couldn't do it alone.
(b) He wanted to make a friend.
(c) Laura got hurt.
(d) His family was starving.
13. Where did the Wilders keep the money for their down payment on the land?
(a) Rose's dress hem.
(b) A flour canister.
(c) The lapdesk.
(d) Almanzo's boot.
14. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
15. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Carbon County.
(b) Clear County.
(c) Cedar County.
(d) Clay county.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
2. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
3. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
4. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
5. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)