|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 3:24 pm.
(b) 2:24 pm.
(c) 2:14 pm.
(d) 1:14 pm.
2. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
(a) They didn't know how.
(b) There was no economy.
(c) They were not farmers.
(d) They didn't want the population to boom.
3. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
(a) Toured around.
(c) Rode her horse.
(d) Visited a library.
4. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) There were lots of immigrants there.
(b) It got too cold.
(c) The people were backward.
(d) The food was bad.
5. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
6. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(c) South Dakota.
7. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
8. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
(a) The weather was good.
(b) The horses were healed.
(c) The roads were better.
(d) The children walked faster.
9. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
(a) Marys Town.
10. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) A land agent.
(b) An immigrant.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmer.
11. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Beautiful and compelling.
(b) Large and scary.
(c) Grand and glorious.
(d) Understated and protecting.
12. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was more mature.
(b) It was better.
(c) It was about the same.
(d) It was not as extensive.
13. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The orchards.
(b) The people.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The structures.
14. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. What was the name of Paul's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
2. What river in Kansas did the Wilders cross a few times?
3. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
4. What did the Wilders take a detour in Kansas to see?
5. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)