|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
2. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) The animals.
(b) The big town.
(c) The hut.
(d) The forest.
3. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A school.
(b) A field.
(c) A farm.
(d) Housing units.
4. What kind of building did Laura get excited to see in Missouri?
(a) General stores.
(c) School houses.
5. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
6. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Wrote letters.
(b) Fed the animals.
7. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Asphalt roads.
(b) Electric street cars.
(c) All of these.
(d) Motor cars.
8. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 1:14 pm.
(b) 2:24 pm.
(c) 2:14 pm.
(d) 3:24 pm.
9. How did Laura respond to the missing money?
(a) Went to church to pray.
(b) Got to work making more money.
(c) Searched the wagon.
(d) Fretted and fumed.
10. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 5 cents.
(b) 15 cents.
(c) 20 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
11. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
(a) It had clear water.
(b) All of these.
(c) It created a waterfall.
(d) It came out of a cave.
12. Where did Prince get spooked?
(b) Ross Town.
(c) Ross Towneship.
13. Where was the missing money found?
(a) Under a can of flour.
(b) Under a slat in the wagon.
(c) A seam of the lapdesk.
(d) In Almanzo's boot.
14. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He heard from Sherwin.
(b) He got an offer for employment.
(c) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(d) He got caught in a rainstorm.
15. What did Laura and Almanzo do before purchasing their land?
(a) Took Rose to see the land.
(b) Got in their best clothes.
(c) Toured the land themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
2. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
3. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
4. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
5. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)