|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(d) South Dakota.
2. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
3. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(a) Milk and nuts.
(b) Wild fruit.
4. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
5. What did the new land have many acres of?
(a) Rolling fields.
(b) Uncleared timber.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Thorny bushes.
6. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
7. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) It got too cold.
(b) The food was bad.
(c) There were lots of immigrants there.
(d) The people were backward.
8. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They were creating a new hymn.
(b) They were playing her favorite song.
(c) They ran off the other emigrants.
(d) They were welcoming her home.
9. Where did Prince get spooked?
(b) Ross Towneship.
(d) Ross Town.
10. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A field.
(b) A school.
(c) A farm.
(d) Housing units.
11. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
(a) Dugway County.
(b) Douglas County.
(c) Dernville Township.
(d) Daniel County.
12. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 27 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
13. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) The best for farmers.
(b) About average for the area.
(c) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(d) The finest in the country.
14. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
15. Who wrote the third chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
2. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
3. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
4. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
5. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)