|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
2. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
(a) White fences.
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) Oak trees.
(d) Maple trees.
3. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) The best for farmers.
(b) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(c) The finest in the country.
(d) About average for the area.
4. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
6. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) There were lots of immigrants there.
(b) The people were backward.
(c) The food was bad.
(d) It got too cold.
7. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He heard from Sherwin.
(b) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(c) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(d) He got an offer for employment.
8. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
9. Who found the missing money?
10. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 3:24 pm.
(b) 1:14 pm.
(c) 2:24 pm.
(d) 2:14 pm.
11. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
12. What spooked Prince?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A black man.
(d) A gun.
13. Who wrote the third chapter?
14. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(a) White and Brown.
(d) Black and Tan.
15. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked a banker.
(b) He asked around.
(c) He used a land agent.
(d) He walked on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
2. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
3. Where was Laura standing in the picture that shows Almanzo and the horse team?
4. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
5. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)