Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
(a) 70 cents.
(b) 60 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 40 cents.
2. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
3. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
4. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) Housing units.
(b) A school.
(c) A farm.
(d) A field.
5. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He used a land agent.
(b) He walked on his own.
(c) He asked around.
(d) He asked a banker.
6. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) He wanted to make a friend.
(b) His family was starving.
(c) Laura got hurt.
(d) He couldn't do it alone.
7. What was declared the nicest small town of the trip?
8. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
(a) Wild fruit.
(c) Some leaves.
9. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Electric street cars.
(b) All of these.
(c) Motor cars.
(d) Asphalt roads.
10. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Wrote letters.
(c) Fed the animals.
11. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Carbon County.
(b) Clay county.
(c) Clear County.
(d) Cedar County.
12. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Plant seedlings.
(b) Put down fertilizer.
(c) Clear land.
(d) Buy good seeds.
13. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 17 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 27 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
14. What did the new land have many acres of?
(a) Uncleared timber.
(b) Rolling fields.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Thorny bushes.
15. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
2. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
3. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
4. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
5. Where did the Wilders live when they first got to Mansfield?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)