|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
(a) Clear skies.
(b) Howling wolves.
(c) A rain storm.
2. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
(a) They didn't know how.
(b) They were not farmers.
(c) There was no economy.
(d) They didn't want the population to boom.
3. What did the new land have many acres of?
(a) Thorny bushes.
(b) Uncleared timber.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Rolling fields.
4. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 10:30 am.
(b) 12:30 am.
(c) 11:30 am.
(d) 1:30 pm.
5. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Buy good seeds.
(b) Clear land.
(c) Plant seedlings.
(d) Put down fertilizer.
6. What spooked Prince?
(a) A black man.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A gun.
7. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
8. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 27 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
9. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 months.
10. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
11. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
12. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) The finest in the country.
(b) The best for farmers.
(c) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(d) About average for the area.
13. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
(a) Visited a library.
(b) Toured around.
(d) Rode her horse.
14. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
15. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(b) He got an offer for employment.
(c) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(d) He heard from Sherwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
2. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
3. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
4. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
5. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)