|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
(c) Ole Blue.
2. What kind of building did Laura get excited to see in Missouri?
(b) General stores.
(d) School houses.
3. Where did Prince get spooked?
(a) Ross Towneship.
(b) Ross Town.
4. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A school.
(b) A field.
(c) Housing units.
(d) A farm.
5. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
6. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
(a) One and a half miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) 1 mile.
7. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
8. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(c) Milk and nuts.
(d) Wild fruit.
9. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
10. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) Laura got hurt.
(b) He couldn't do it alone.
(c) His family was starving.
(d) He wanted to make a friend.
11. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
12. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Brushed her hair.
(b) Taught Rose.
(c) Read the bible.
(d) Wrote letters.
13. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
14. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
15. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
(b) Fort Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
2. Where was the missing money found?
3. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
4. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
5. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)