|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wagons entered the destination town at the same time as the Wilders?
2. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Clay county.
(b) Carbon County.
(c) Clear County.
(d) Cedar County.
3. What kind of house was on the new land?
(a) A clay house.
(b) A hut.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A board house.
4. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He found a good patch of land for sale.
(b) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(c) He got an offer for employment.
(d) He heard from Sherwin.
5. Who preserved the Wilder farm in Mansfield?
(a) Lane's family.
(b) Almanzo's family members.
(c) A historical society.
(d) A memorial association.
6. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
7. What spooked Prince?
(a) A train.
(b) A black man.
(c) A car.
(d) A gun.
8. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 12:30 am.
(b) 10:30 am.
(c) 11:30 am.
(d) 1:30 pm.
9. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
(a) One and a half miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) 2 miles.
10. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Beautiful and compelling.
(b) Understated and protecting.
(c) Grand and glorious.
(d) Large and scary.
11. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
12. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
(a) Clear skies.
(c) A rain storm.
(d) Howling wolves.
13. What was Laura's favorite town in Kansas?
(b) Marys Town.
14. Where was the missing money found?
(a) Under a slat in the wagon.
(b) In Almanzo's boot.
(c) A seam of the lapdesk.
(d) Under a can of flour.
15. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
2. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
3. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
4. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
5. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)