|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) The best for farmers.
(b) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(c) About average for the area.
(d) The finest in the country.
2. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
(a) Carbon County.
(b) Cedar County.
(c) Clear County.
(d) Clay county.
3. What was the longest distance the Wilders traveled in one day while in Kansas?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 27 miles.
4. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
5. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Electric street cars.
(b) Asphalt roads.
(c) All of these.
(d) Motor cars.
6. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
(a) Daniel County.
(b) Douglas County.
(c) Dugway County.
(d) Dernville Township.
7. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
8. What river in Kansas did the Wilders cross a few times?
(a) The Black River.
(b) The White River.
(c) The Blue River.
(d) The Green River.
9. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
(a) The horses were healed.
(b) The roads were better.
(c) The weather was good.
(d) The children walked faster.
10. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
(b) Bare backed horses.
(c) Black people.
11. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 5 cents.
(c) 20 cents.
(d) 15 cents.
12. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
13. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) His family was starving.
(b) He wanted to make a friend.
(c) Laura got hurt.
(d) He couldn't do it alone.
14. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked a banker.
(b) He walked on his own.
(c) He asked around.
(d) He used a land agent.
15. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was declared the nicest small town of the trip?
2. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
3. How long was the trip through Missouri?
4. Who found the missing money?
5. How much was a cord of oak in Missouri?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)