|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that rode with Prince?
2. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
(a) He was not stolen.
(b) He came back willingly.
(c) He did not bite her.
(d) He was not injured.
3. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) The best for farmers.
(b) About average for the area.
(c) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(d) The finest in the country.
4. Where was Laura standing in the picture that shows Almanzo and the horse team?
(a) A ravine.
(b) In a buggy.
(c) The house window.
(d) On the horse.
5. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
(a) A school.
(b) A field.
(c) Housing units.
(d) A farm.
6. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
7. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
8. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Large and scary.
(b) Understated and protecting.
(c) Beautiful and compelling.
(d) Grand and glorious.
9. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They ran off the other emigrants.
(b) They were welcoming her home.
(c) They were creating a new hymn.
(d) They were playing her favorite song.
10. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 10 months.
11. What did the Wilders take a detour in Kansas to see?
(a) The river.
(c) The capitol.
(d) A museum.
12. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
13. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
14. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
15. How long did the hired man stay to help Almanzo?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
2. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
3. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
4. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
5. What did the new land have many acres of?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)