|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
2. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The orchards.
(c) The people.
(d) The structures.
3. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) An immigrant.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A land agent.
4. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
5. Where did the Wilders keep the money for their down payment on the land?
(a) A flour canister.
(b) Almanzo's boot.
(c) Rose's dress hem.
(d) The lapdesk.
6. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(b) South Dakota.
7. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
8. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 5 days.
9. What did Rose and Paul find full of fun and excitement when they first got to Mansfield?
(a) The hut.
(b) The forest.
(c) The animals.
(d) The big town.
10. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 1:30 pm.
(b) 11:30 am.
(c) 12:30 am.
(d) 10:30 am.
11. How did Laura describe the people in St. Marys?
12. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Fed the animals.
(b) Wrote letters.
13. What was clabber?
(b) Bear jerkey.
(c) Curdled milk.
(d) Hard tack.
14. How many wagons entered the destination town at the same time as the Wilders?
15. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
2. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
3. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
4. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
5. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)