|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
2. How far out of town was the Wilder's new home?
(a) One and a half miles.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
3. What kind of animal was Spookendyke?
4. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
5. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
6. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 5 cents.
(b) 10 cents.
(c) 20 cents.
(d) 15 cents.
7. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
(c) Bare backed horses.
(d) Black people.
8. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Clear land.
(b) Plant seedlings.
(c) Buy good seeds.
(d) Put down fertilizer.
9. What was the name of the town the Wilders were moving to?
10. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(b) White and Brown.
(c) Black and Tan.
11. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Brushed her hair.
(b) Taught Rose.
(c) Read the bible.
(d) Wrote letters.
12. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 12:30 am.
(b) 1:30 pm.
(c) 10:30 am.
(d) 11:30 am.
13. How did Almanzo respond to the missing money?
(a) Got to work making more money.
(b) Searched the wagon.
(c) Went to church to pray.
(d) Fretted and fumed.
14. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
15. Who wrote the third chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sherwin end up settling himself in Missouri?
2. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
3. Where was the missing money found?
4. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
5. What was declared the nicest small town of the trip?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)