|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A farmer.
(c) An immigrant.
(d) A land agent.
2. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
(a) White and Brown.
(d) Black and Tan.
3. What was the name of Paul's brother?
4. What was the road in Missouri lined with?
(a) White fences.
(b) Maple trees.
(c) Oak trees.
(d) Wheat fields.
5. What spooked Prince?
(a) A car.
(b) A gun.
(c) A black man.
(d) A train.
6. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
(a) He couldn't do it alone.
(b) He wanted to make a friend.
(c) His family was starving.
(d) Laura got hurt.
7. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
(a) Black people.
(b) Bare backed horses.
8. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Put down fertilizer.
(b) Plant seedlings.
(c) Clear land.
(d) Buy good seeds.
9. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 20 days.
10. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
11. What relieved Laura when Prince was stopped after being spooked?
(a) He came back willingly.
(b) He was not injured.
(c) He did not bite her.
(d) He was not stolen.
12. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
13. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(a) South Dakota.
14. What season did the hired man choose to leave the area?
15. What did the Wilders live off of before the missing money was found?
(b) Wild fruit.
(c) Milk and nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
2. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
3. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
4. What did the new land have many acres of?
5. How did Almanzo respond to the missing money?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)