|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
2. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
3. What state was the nicest small town of the trip in?
(a) South Dakota.
4. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
5. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
6. What happened in Missouri for the first time of the trip?
(a) A rain storm.
(b) Clear skies.
(c) Howling wolves.
7. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
8. What would Almanzo have to do to make an orchard on his new land?
(a) Put down fertilizer.
(b) Buy good seeds.
(c) Plant seedlings.
(d) Clear land.
9. What religion were the people in St. Marys?
10. Who found the missing money?
11. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(b) Fed the animals.
(d) Wrote letters.
12. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
(a) The people.
(b) The structures.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The orchards.
13. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
(a) 2:14 pm.
(b) 1:14 pm.
(c) 2:24 pm.
(d) 3:24 pm.
14. What made the Wilders almost stop in Greenfield?
(a) He got caught in a rainstorm.
(b) He got an offer for employment.
(c) He heard from Sherwin.
(d) He found a good patch of land for sale.
15. How was the description of the journal after entering Missouri?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit did Almanzo want to grow on his land?
2. What did Rose name the lost dog found in Kansas?
3. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
4. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
5. How much money did the split wood sell for in town?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)