|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
2. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 17th.
(b) June 25th.
(c) July 5th.
(d) July 7th.
3. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Shell River.
(b) Scroll River.
(c) Stall River.
(d) Sell River.
4. What was the date of the last day of the journey?
(a) September 1st.
(b) August 25th.
(c) August 20th.
(d) August 30th.
5. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Tall mountains.
(b) Large bodies of water.
(c) Blue skies.
(d) Green fields.
6. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
7. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
8. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
9. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
10. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(b) A list of events.
(c) Journal Entries.
(d) A third person narrative.
11. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
12. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) A church class.
(c) A choir.
(d) A school class.
13. What was Laura's maiden name?
14. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
15. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The money rights.
(b) The tires.
(c) The horses.
(d) The wagon order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
2. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
3. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
4. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
5. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)