|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura's maiden name?
2. How much money a week did Laura earn?
3. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
4. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Scroll River.
(b) Sell River.
(c) Shell River.
(d) Stall River.
5. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A freight wagon.
(b) A couple of feed boxes.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A hack.
6. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) South Dakota.
7. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
8. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Trail posts.
(b) Population signs.
(c) County lines.
(d) Mile markers.
9. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The money rights.
(b) The horses.
(c) The wagon order.
(d) The tires.
10. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
11. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
(a) A large black man.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A train.
(d) A motor car.
12. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Green fields.
(b) Large bodies of water.
(c) Blue skies.
(d) Tall mountains.
13. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
(a) Horse traders.
(b) Money lenders.
(c) Land traders.
(d) Cow traders.
14. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
15. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
(d) Mr. Cooley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
2. What town was Rose born in?
3. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
4. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
5. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)