|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 17th.
(b) July 5th.
(c) June 25th.
(d) July 7th.
2. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
(a) The Heat.
(b) The Flatness.
(c) The Wind.
(d) The Dust.
3. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
4. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Mile markers.
(b) Trail posts.
(c) Population signs.
(d) County lines.
5. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The wagon order.
(b) The tires.
(c) The horses.
(d) The money rights.
6. Where was the Canadian woman from?
(a) The West Indies.
7. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
8. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
9. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They harvested abandoned farms.
(b) They picked berries.
(c) They hunted.
(d) They fished.
10. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
(a) Cold and dry.
(b) Cold and wet.
(c) Hot and dry.
(d) Hot and wet.
11. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
12. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to have more options.
(b) They wanted to see their relatives.
(c) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(d) They wanted to get there faster.
13. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
(a) Swapped stories.
(b) Sang songs.
(c) Sold supplies.
(d) Avoided each other.
14. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
15. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) North Dakota.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
2. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
3. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
4. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
5. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)