|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
2. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
3. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Hendrickson County.
(b) Hutchinson County.
(c) Henderson City.
(d) Haroldson Township.
4. What was the date of the last day of the journey?
(a) September 1st.
(b) August 30th.
(c) August 20th.
(d) August 25th.
5. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
6. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Scroll River.
(b) Sell River.
(c) Shell River.
(d) Stall River.
7. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 5th.
(b) July 17th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) June 25th.
8. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
9. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
(b) Mr. Cooley.
10. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
11. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
12. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
13. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
(a) The Flatness.
(b) The Wind.
(c) The Heat.
(d) The Dust.
14. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(b) Water barrels.
(c) All of these.
15. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
2. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
3. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
4. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
5. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)