|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
2. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A wheat stalk.
(b) An apple.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) An ear of corn.
3. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
4. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
5. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
6. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Arrow heads.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Sharp rocks.
(d) Fence posts.
7. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
8. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
9. What was Almanzo's nickname?
10. How wide was the Platte River?
(a) A mile.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) 50 feet.
11. How much money a week did Laura earn?
12. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(a) Extra postage.
(b) Newspaper articles.
13. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(b) They wanted to get there faster.
(c) They wanted to see their relatives.
(d) They wanted to have more options.
14. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 45 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 40 days.
15. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Ville.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Varen.
(d) De Smet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
2. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
3. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
4. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
5. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)