|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The lap desk.
(b) The honey.
(c) The asbestos fire mats.
(d) The thermometer.
2. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
3. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They did not like Americans.
(b) They were afraid to be robbed.
(c) There were too many traveling immigrants.
(d) They were leaving their property.
4. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Smet.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Ville.
(d) De Varen.
5. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Bad storms.
(b) Soil erosion.
(c) A draught.
(d) Sandy soil.
6. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
7. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 10 years.
8. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
(a) 2 bushels.
(b) 4 bushels.
(c) 5 bushels.
(d) 3 bushels.
9. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
10. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) Journal Entries.
(c) A third person narrative.
(d) A list of events.
11. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
(b) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
(c) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(d) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
12. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(a) Water barrels.
(d) All of these.
13. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
14. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They crossed at a narrow spot.
(b) They forded it.
(c) They used a ferry.
(d) They crossed a bridge.
15. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 45 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
2. How wide was the Platte River?
3. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
4. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
5. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)