|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
(a) A large black man.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A motor car.
(d) A train.
2. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Population signs.
(b) Mile markers.
(c) Trail posts.
(d) County lines.
3. What was the date of the last day of the journey?
(a) August 25th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) August 20th.
(d) August 30th.
4. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
6. How much money a week did Laura earn?
7. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
8. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Ville.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Varen.
9. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
10. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The hem of Rose's dress.
(b) Almanzo's hat.
(c) The flour bucket.
(d) The writing desk.
11. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It was faster.
(b) It was more exciting.
(c) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(d) It would spare the horses.
12. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
13. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They were leaving their property.
(b) They did not like Americans.
(c) There were too many traveling immigrants.
(d) They were afraid to be robbed.
14. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Sell River.
(b) Stall River.
(c) Scroll River.
(d) Shell River.
15. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Extra postage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What got lost on August 5th?
2. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
3. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
4. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
5. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)