|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
(a) Cold and dry.
(b) Hot and wet.
(c) Hot and dry.
(d) Cold and wet.
2. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
3. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
4. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Fence posts.
(c) Arrow heads.
(d) Sharp rocks.
5. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) A list of events.
(c) Journal Entries.
(d) A third person narrative.
6. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
(a) The Dust.
(b) The Heat.
(c) The Wind.
(d) The Flatness.
7. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
(a) A real church.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) An organ.
(d) A motor car.
8. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coolridges.
(b) The Cooleys.
(c) The Coreys.
(d) The Coopers.
9. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) June 25th.
(b) July 17th.
(c) July 5th.
(d) July 7th.
10. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
11. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
12. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
(a) Mr. Cooley.
13. What was the date of the last day of the journey?
(a) August 25th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) August 30th.
(d) August 20th.
14. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
(a) 4 bushels.
(b) 2 bushels.
(c) 5 bushels.
(d) 3 bushels.
15. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
2. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
3. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
4. Where did Rose's parents get married?
5. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)