|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is told in the first person.
(b) It is a journal entry.
(c) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(d) It is told in the third person.
2. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Population signs.
(b) County lines.
(c) Trail posts.
(d) Mile markers.
3. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
4. What was Almanzo's nickname?
5. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
6. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(c) Extra postage.
(d) Newspaper articles.
7. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(a) Water barrels.
(d) All of these.
8. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The asbestos fire mats.
(b) The honey.
(c) The thermometer.
(d) The lap desk.
9. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They forded it themselves.
(b) They built a shanty bridge.
(c) They crossed a bridge.
(d) They used a ferry.
10. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They did not like Americans.
(b) There were too many traveling immigrants.
(c) They were afraid to be robbed.
(d) They were leaving their property.
11. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
12. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
(a) July 21st.
(b) August 1st.
(c) June 1st.
(d) August 11th.
13. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 40 days.
14. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(c) High rate of inflation.
(d) Small population.
15. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
2. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
3. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
4. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
5. How much money a week did Laura earn?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)