|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 7.5 inches.
(c) 10 inches.
(d) 2.5 inches.
2. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
3. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) South Dakota.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Smet.
(b) De Varen.
(c) De Ville.
(d) De Smithe.
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
6. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The hem of Rose's dress.
(b) The writing desk.
(c) Almanzo's hat.
(d) The flour bucket.
7. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
(a) June 1st.
(b) August 11th.
(c) August 1st.
(d) July 21st.
8. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
9. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
(a) It was a wasteland.
(b) It was no good.
(c) It was too populated.
(d) It was lovely.
10. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
11. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(b) Miss Dakota.
12. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
(a) 3 bushels.
(b) 4 bushels.
(c) 5 bushels.
(d) 2 bushels.
13. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
14. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The money rights.
(b) The horses.
(c) The tires.
(d) The wagon order.
15. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
2. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
3. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
4. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
5. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)