|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
2. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
3. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coolridges.
(b) The Coopers.
(c) The Coreys.
(d) The Cooleys.
4. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) County lines.
(b) Mile markers.
(c) Population signs.
(d) Trail posts.
5. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 10 years.
6. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) 7.5 inches.
(b) 2.5 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 10 inches.
7. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 day.
8. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The writing desk.
(b) Almanzo's hat.
(c) The hem of Rose's dress.
(d) The flour bucket.
9. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The asbestos fire mats.
(b) The lap desk.
(c) The honey.
(d) The thermometer.
10. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
11. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Plenty.
(b) The Land of Fortune.
(c) The Land of Promise.
(d) The Lacn of Opportunity.
12. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
13. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to see their relatives.
(b) They wanted to get there faster.
(c) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(d) They wanted to have more options.
14. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
15. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
2. Where was the Canadian woman from?
3. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
4. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
5. What was Laura's maiden name?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)