|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(b) High rate of inflation.
(c) Small population.
2. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Arrow heads.
(b) Fence posts.
(c) Sharp rocks.
(d) Barbed wire.
3. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Battle Creek.
(b) Corn Husker.
4. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
(a) August 1st.
(b) August 11th.
(c) July 21st.
(d) June 1st.
5. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A wheat stalk.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) An apple.
(d) A strawberry.
6. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 45 days.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 50 days.
7. What was Laura's maiden name?
8. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
9. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
10. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
(b) Mr. Cooley.
11. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
12. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Stall River.
(b) Sell River.
(c) Scroll River.
(d) Shell River.
13. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
14. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
15. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(b) North Dakota.
(c) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
2. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
3. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
4. How wide was the Platte River?
5. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)