|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
2. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
3. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
4. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
5. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
6. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
7. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A couple of feed boxes.
(b) A freight wagon.
(c) A hack.
(d) A buggy.
8. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Trail posts.
(b) Mile markers.
(c) Population signs.
(d) County lines.
9. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
10. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(b) Small population.
(c) High rate of inflation.
11. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
12. What was Laura's maiden name?
13. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
14. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It was more exciting.
(b) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(c) It would spare the horses.
(d) It was faster.
15. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) Journal Entries.
(b) A third person narrative.
(d) A list of events.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
2. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
3. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
4. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
5. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)