|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coreys.
(b) The Coopers.
(c) The Cooleys.
(d) The Coolridges.
2. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
3. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
(b) A memorandum book.
(c) Scrap pieces of paper.
(d) A ledger.
4. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(b) Water barrels.
(d) All of these.
5. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(b) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
(c) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
(d) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
6. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Fence posts.
(b) Arrow heads.
(c) Sharp rocks.
(d) Barbed wire.
7. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The money rights.
(b) The horses.
(c) The tires.
(d) The wagon order.
8. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
9. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
10. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The flour bucket.
(b) The hem of Rose's dress.
(c) The writing desk.
(d) Almanzo's hat.
11. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
12. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
14. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They built a shanty bridge.
(b) They used a ferry.
(c) They forded it themselves.
(d) They crossed a bridge.
15. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
2. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
3. What was Laura's maiden name?
4. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
5. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)