|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
2. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Plenty.
(b) The Land of Fortune.
(c) The Land of Promise.
(d) The Lacn of Opportunity.
3. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
(a) August 1st.
(b) June 1st.
(c) August 11th.
(d) July 21st.
4. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Corn Husker.
(b) Battle Creek.
5. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
6. Where was the Canadian woman from?
(a) The West Indies.
7. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The wagon order.
(b) The tires.
(c) The horses.
(d) The money rights.
8. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) A wheat stalk.
(c) An ear of corn.
(d) An apple.
9. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
(a) Horse traders.
(b) Money lenders.
(c) Cow traders.
(d) Land traders.
10. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Trail posts.
(b) County lines.
(c) Population signs.
(d) Mile markers.
11. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
(a) 6:00 am.
(b) 9:00 am.
(c) 8:00 am.
(d) 7:00 am.
12. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
13. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
14. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
15. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose's parents get married?
2. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
3. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
4. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
5. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)