|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
3. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
4. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
(c) Mr. Cooley.
5. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 35 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 40 days.
6. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Fence posts.
(c) Arrow heads.
(d) Sharp rocks.
7. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
8. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To avoid the wind.
(b) To hide from Indians.
(c) To escape the animals.
(d) To build campfires.
9. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
10. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) A list of events.
(c) A third person narrative.
(d) Journal Entries.
11. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) 2.5 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 7.5 inches.
12. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Henderson City.
(b) Haroldson Township.
(c) Hendrickson County.
(d) Hutchinson County.
13. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
14. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
(a) The Flatness.
(b) The Dust.
(c) The Wind.
(d) The Heat.
15. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
2. How wide was the Platte River?
3. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
4. Who made Laura's sewing box?
5. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)