|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
2. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
3. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
(a) A real church.
(b) An organ.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A motor car.
4. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
6. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
7. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) 2.5 inches.
(b) 7.5 inches.
(c) 10 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
8. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(a) All of these.
(d) Water barrels.
9. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
10. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
11. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 8 years.
12. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They were leaving their property.
(b) There were too many traveling immigrants.
(c) They were afraid to be robbed.
(d) They did not like Americans.
13. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
14. Where was the Canadian woman from?
(b) The West Indies.
15. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) An ear of corn.
(b) A strawberry.
(c) A wheat stalk.
(d) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
2. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
3. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
4. What got lost on August 5th?
5. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)