|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(b) It was faster.
(c) It would spare the horses.
(d) It was more exciting.
2. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
3. What was the date of the last day of the journey?
(a) August 30th.
(b) August 20th.
(c) September 1st.
(d) August 25th.
4. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Varen.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Ville.
5. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A hack.
(c) A couple of feed boxes.
(d) A freight wagon.
6. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) Journal Entries.
(b) A list of events.
(d) A third person narrative.
7. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
8. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(d) Miss Dakota.
9. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
(a) All of these.
(c) Water barrels.
10. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
11. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
12. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
13. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They hunted.
(b) They harvested abandoned farms.
(c) They picked berries.
(d) They fished.
14. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The hem of Rose's dress.
(b) The writing desk.
(c) The flour bucket.
(d) Almanzo's hat.
15. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They did not like Americans.
(b) They were afraid to be robbed.
(c) They were leaving their property.
(d) There were too many traveling immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
2. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
3. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
4. How much money a week did Laura earn?
5. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)