|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
2. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
3. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(b) The Land of Fortune.
(c) The Land of Plenty.
(d) The Land of Promise.
4. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
5. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Sharp rocks.
(c) Arrow heads.
(d) Fence posts.
6. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
7. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) There were too many traveling immigrants.
(b) They were afraid to be robbed.
(c) They did not like Americans.
(d) They were leaving their property.
8. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Blue skies.
(b) Large bodies of water.
(c) Green fields.
(d) Tall mountains.
9. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
10. What was Almanzo's nickname?
11. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
12. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
13. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coreys.
(b) The Coopers.
(c) The Coolridges.
(d) The Cooleys.
14. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 102 degress.
(b) 72 degrees.
(c) 92 degrees.
(d) 82 degrees.
15. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The honey.
(b) The thermometer.
(c) The asbestos fire mats.
(d) The lap desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
2. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
3. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
4. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
5. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)