|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
2. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
3. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To escape the animals.
(b) To avoid the wind.
(c) To hide from Indians.
(d) To build campfires.
4. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Henderson City.
(b) Haroldson Township.
(c) Hendrickson County.
(d) Hutchinson County.
5. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(b) Small population.
(d) High rate of inflation.
6. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Plenty.
(b) The Land of Promise.
(c) The Land of Fortune.
(d) The Lacn of Opportunity.
7. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(c) Miss Dakota.
8. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 3 inches.
(c) 7 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
9. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Ville.
(b) De Smithe.
(c) De Varen.
(d) De Smet.
10. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Sandy soil.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) A draught.
(d) Soil erosion.
11. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They harvested abandoned farms.
(b) They hunted.
(c) They fished.
(d) They picked berries.
12. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
13. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
14. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
15. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) 7.5 inches.
(b) 2.5 inches.
(c) 10 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
2. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
3. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)