|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(a) North Dakota.
(c) South Dakota.
2. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is told in the first person.
(b) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(c) It is a journal entry.
(d) It is told in the third person.
3. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The wagon order.
(b) The money rights.
(c) The horses.
(d) The tires.
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
6. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(d) Miss Dakota.
7. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
8. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
9. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) An apple.
(b) A wheat stalk.
(c) An ear of corn.
(d) A strawberry.
10. How much money a week did Laura earn?
11. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
(a) An organ.
(b) A motor car.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A real church.
12. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
13. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Fortune.
(b) The Land of Promise.
(c) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(d) The Land of Plenty.
14. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Scroll River.
(b) Shell River.
(c) Sell River.
(d) Stall River.
15. How many days did the Wilders travel to get to their new home?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 45 days.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 50 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What got lost on August 5th?
2. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
3. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
4. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
5. Where was the Canadian woman from?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)