|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
3. Where was the Canadian woman from?
(b) The West Indies.
4. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They were afraid to be robbed.
(b) They were leaving their property.
(c) They did not like Americans.
(d) There were too many traveling immigrants.
5. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
6. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It would spare the horses.
(b) It was more exciting.
(c) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(d) It was faster.
7. What was Laura's maiden name?
8. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to see their relatives.
(b) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(c) They wanted to have more options.
(d) They wanted to get there faster.
9. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The thermometer.
(b) The honey.
(c) The lap desk.
(d) The asbestos fire mats.
10. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Hendrickson County.
(b) Hutchinson County.
(c) Henderson City.
(d) Haroldson Township.
11. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The horses.
(b) The wagon order.
(c) The tires.
(d) The money rights.
12. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
13. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A real church.
(c) An organ.
(d) A motor car.
15. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They crossed a bridge.
(b) They forded it themselves.
(c) They used a ferry.
(d) They built a shanty bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
2. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
3. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
4. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
5. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)