|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
2. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
3. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Stall River.
(b) Shell River.
(c) Scroll River.
(d) Sell River.
4. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
5. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) Almanzo's hat.
(b) The flour bucket.
(c) The writing desk.
(d) The hem of Rose's dress.
6. What was Almanzo's nickname?
7. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
8. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
(b) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
(c) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(d) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
9. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
(a) Sold supplies.
(b) Sang songs.
(c) Swapped stories.
(d) Avoided each other.
10. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(a) Extra postage.
(d) Newspaper articles.
11. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
12. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
13. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
14. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
(a) June 1st.
(b) July 21st.
(c) August 11th.
(d) August 1st.
15. What animals were used to pull the wagons on the trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
2. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
3. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
4. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
5. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)