Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
(a) Sold supplies.
(b) Swapped stories.
(c) Sang songs.
(d) Avoided each other.
2. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 8 years.
3. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(b) It is a journal entry.
(c) It is told in the first person.
(d) It is told in the third person.
4. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To hide from Indians.
(b) To avoid the wind.
(c) To build campfires.
(d) To escape the animals.
5. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
(a) The Dust.
(b) The Heat.
(c) The Flatness.
(d) The Wind.
6. Where was the Canadian woman from?
(a) The West Indies.
7. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) June 25th.
(b) July 7th.
(c) July 5th.
(d) July 17th.
8. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Hendrickson County.
(b) Haroldson Township.
(c) Hutchinson County.
(d) Henderson City.
9. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
10. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Sell River.
(b) Scroll River.
(c) Stall River.
(d) Shell River.
11. How many families were traveling in the party the Wilders were a part of?
12. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They used a ferry.
(b) They crossed a bridge.
(c) They built a shanty bridge.
(d) They forded it themselves.
13. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
14. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
15. How much money a week did Laura earn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Almanzo's nickname?
2. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
3. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
4. How wide was the Platte River?
5. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)