|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They forded it.
(b) They used a ferry.
(c) They crossed a bridge.
(d) They crossed at a narrow spot.
2. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A freight wagon.
(b) A hack.
(c) A couple of feed boxes.
(d) A buggy.
3. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 3 inches.
(c) 9 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
4. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
(a) Green fields.
(b) Large bodies of water.
(c) Blue skies.
(d) Tall mountains.
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
6. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 17th.
(b) July 5th.
(c) June 25th.
(d) July 7th.
7. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The wagon order.
(b) The horses.
(c) The money rights.
(d) The tires.
8. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
9. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Extra postage.
10. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
11. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To build campfires.
(b) To escape the animals.
(c) To hide from Indians.
(d) To avoid the wind.
12. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 82 degrees.
(b) 72 degrees.
(c) 92 degrees.
(d) 102 degress.
13. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Corn Husker.
(d) Battle Creek.
14. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They harvested abandoned farms.
(b) They fished.
(c) They picked berries.
(d) They hunted.
15. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Scroll River.
(b) Shell River.
(c) Sell River.
(d) Stall River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
2. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
3. How much money a week did Laura earn?
4. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
5. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)