|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 82 degrees.
(b) 102 degress.
(c) 92 degrees.
(d) 72 degrees.
2. What was Almanzo's nickname?
3. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The horses.
(b) The wagon order.
(c) The tires.
(d) The money rights.
4. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
5. How wide was the Platte River?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) A mile.
(d) 100 yards.
6. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
7. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
8. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
(a) 650 miles.
(b) 750 miles.
(c) 700 miles.
(d) 600 miles.
9. How much money a week did Laura earn?
10. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
11. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They hunted.
(b) They fished.
(c) They picked berries.
(d) They harvested abandoned farms.
12. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
13. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
14. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
(a) July 17th.
(b) July 7th.
(c) July 5th.
(d) June 25th.
15. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What got lost on August 5th?
2. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
3. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
4. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
5. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)