|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
2. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
(a) Scrap pieces of paper.
(b) A memorandum book.
(c) A ledger.
3. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
4. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 82 degrees.
(b) 92 degrees.
(c) 102 degress.
(d) 72 degrees.
5. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
6. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) A wheat stalk.
(c) An ear of corn.
(d) An apple.
7. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
8. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
9. What was Laura's maiden name?
10. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coopers.
(b) The Cooleys.
(c) The Coolridges.
(d) The Coreys.
11. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A choir.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A church class.
(d) A school class.
12. How many wagons were included in the traveling party the Wilders were in?
13. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Smithe.
(b) De Varen.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Ville.
14. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
15. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
(a) 650 miles.
(b) 600 miles.
(c) 750 miles.
(d) 700 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
2. Where did the animals pulling the wagons generally get watered?
3. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
4. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
5. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)