|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Almanzo find the right land for him to purchase?
(a) He asked around.
(b) He used a land agent.
(c) He asked a banker.
(d) He walked on his own.
2. How much of a down payment did Almanzo want to give on his land?
3. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
(a) A ledger.
(c) A memorandum book.
(d) Scrap pieces of paper.
4. What got lost on August 5th?
(a) The lap desk.
(b) The thermometer.
(c) The asbestos fire mats.
(d) The honey.
5. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To escape the animals.
(b) To hide from Indians.
(c) To build campfires.
(d) To avoid the wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
2. How long was the trip through Missouri?
3. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
4. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
5. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)