|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
(a) They didn't want the population to boom.
(b) They didn't know how.
(c) They were not farmers.
(d) There was no economy.
2. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Population signs.
(b) County lines.
(c) Trail posts.
(d) Mile markers.
3. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
4. How long was the trip through Missouri?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 20 days.
5. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(b) High rate of inflation.
(c) Small population.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Canadian woman from?
2. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
3. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
4. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
5. How wide was the Platte River?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)