|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It would spare the horses.
(b) It was faster.
(c) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(d) It was more exciting.
2. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
3. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
4. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
(a) Some leaves.
(b) Wild fruit.
5. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Stall River.
(b) Scroll River.
(c) Shell River.
(d) Sell River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Almanzo hire a man to help him clear land?
2. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
3. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
4. What was so beautiful to Laura about Jones Spring?
5. Who did Laura think lost the money for the down payment?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)