|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is told in the first person.
(b) It is a journal entry.
(c) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(d) It is told in the third person.
2. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
3. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to see their relatives.
(b) They wanted to have more options.
(c) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(d) They wanted to get there faster.
4. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They used a ferry.
(b) They crossed at a narrow spot.
(c) They crossed a bridge.
(d) They forded it.
5. How long did it take for the Wilders to cross Kansas?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
2. What color was the dog that Laura found in Kansas?
3. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
4. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
5. The price of which of the following items was NOT listed in Chapter 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)