|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Kansas not like Missouri?
(a) There were lots of immigrants there.
(b) The people were backward.
(c) The food was bad.
(d) It got too cold.
2. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(b) It was more exciting.
(c) It was faster.
(d) It would spare the horses.
3. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Arrow heads.
(b) Sharp rocks.
(c) Fence posts.
(d) Barbed wire.
4. What did Laura do while Almanzo began clearing land?
(a) Fed the animals.
(d) Wrote letters.
5. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Scroll River.
(b) Shell River.
(c) Sell River.
(d) Stall River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
2. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
3. How long did it take for Almanzo to clear all the land?
4. What did Almanzo want to establish on the land he bought?
5. What kind of house was on the new land?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)