|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the fields in South Dakota described?
2. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Shell River.
(b) Scroll River.
(c) Sell River.
(d) Stall River.
3. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
(a) Electric street cars.
(b) All of these.
(c) Asphalt roads.
(d) Motor cars.
4. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
(a) Brushed her hair.
(b) Wrote letters.
(c) Read the bible.
(d) Taught Rose.
5. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They crossed a bridge.
(b) They built a shanty bridge.
(c) They forded it themselves.
(d) They used a ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
2. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
3. How was the description of the journal before entering Missouri?
4. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
5. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)