|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They forded it themselves.
(b) They crossed a bridge.
(c) They used a ferry.
(d) They built a shanty bridge.
2. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to see their relatives.
(b) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(c) They wanted to have more options.
(d) They wanted to get there faster.
3. How did the first man they met in Missouri describe the town the Wilders were planning to move to?
(a) About average for the area.
(b) The best for farmers.
(c) A place for rednecks and back aways.
(d) The finest in the country.
4. What did Laura do for an entire afternoon in the Missouri city with fine houses and booming businesses?
(a) Toured around.
(c) Rode her horse.
(d) Visited a library.
5. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A choir.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A church class.
(d) A school class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders take a detour in Kansas to see?
2. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
3. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
4. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
5. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)