|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the people in Fort Scott not plant in the good land?
(a) There was no economy.
(b) They didn't want the population to boom.
(c) They didn't know how.
(d) They were not farmers.
2. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
3. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The flour bucket.
(b) The hem of Rose's dress.
(c) Almanzo's hat.
(d) The writing desk.
4. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Understated and protecting.
(b) Large and scary.
(c) Beautiful and compelling.
(d) Grand and glorious.
5. How much were the big watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 15 cents.
(b) 5 cents.
(c) 10 cents.
(d) 20 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
2. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
3. What did Almanzo hate most about Nebraska?
4. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
5. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)