|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Promise.
(b) The Land of Fortune.
(c) The Land of Plenty.
(d) The Lacn of Opportunity.
2. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To hide from Indians.
(b) To avoid the wind.
(c) To build campfires.
(d) To escape the animals.
3. Where did the Wilders come across the group of immigrants?
(a) Henderson City.
(b) Hendrickson County.
(c) Hutchinson County.
(d) Haroldson Township.
4. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 3 inches.
(d) 9 inches.
5. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
Short Answer Questions
1. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
2. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
3. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
4. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
5. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)