|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
2. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
3. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 7 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
4. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
(a) A river.
(b) A forest.
(c) A train track.
(d) A road.
5. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Bad storms.
(b) A draught.
(c) Sandy soil.
(d) Soil erosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
2. Why did Laura like the streets in Topeka?
3. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
4. Who wrote Chapter 2 of this book?
5. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)