|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
(b) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(c) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
(d) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
2. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
3. What does Laura say is common in Lane County?
(a) Bare backed horses.
(b) Black people.
4. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
(a) Hot and wet.
(b) Cold and dry.
(c) Hot and dry.
(d) Cold and wet.
5. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
2. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
3. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
4. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
5. Who went to find the Cooley's dog?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)