|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Nebraska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To build campfires.
(b) To hide from Indians.
(c) To avoid the wind.
(d) To escape the animals.
2. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
3. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to get there faster.
(b) They wanted to see their relatives.
(c) They wanted to have more options.
(d) They wanted to avoid the hills.
4. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is a journal entry.
(b) It is told in the first person.
(c) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(d) It is told in the third person.
5. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) A draught.
(b) Soil erosion.
(c) Sandy soil.
(d) Bad storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wilders do when they stopped with the Canadian woman?
2. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
3. How big was the item that Laura marveled at while crossing Nebraska?
4. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
5. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)