|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Nebraska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Cooleys want to take a more Westernly route?
(a) They wanted to avoid the hills.
(b) They wanted to have more options.
(c) They wanted to get there faster.
(d) They wanted to see their relatives.
2. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
3. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Soil erosion.
(b) A draught.
(c) Bad storms.
(d) Sandy soil.
4. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
5. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
(a) A train.
(b) A motor car.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A large black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Canadian woman from?
2. Who made Laura's sewing box?
3. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
4. What was Almanzo's nickname?
5. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)