|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Nebraska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It was more exciting.
(b) It was faster.
(c) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(d) It would spare the horses.
2. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(c) Miss Dakota.
3. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Mile markers.
(b) Population signs.
(c) Trail posts.
(d) County lines.
4. What city was the biggest they all saw in Nebraska?
(a) Battle Creek.
(b) Corn Husker.
5. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
(a) They fished.
(b) They picked berries.
(c) They harvested abandoned farms.
(d) They hunted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did an acre of land in the county, past the immigrant camp sell for?
2. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
3. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)