|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Nebraska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) Trail posts.
(b) County lines.
(c) Mile markers.
(d) Population signs.
2. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
3. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(d) Miss Dakota.
4. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Bad storms.
(b) A draught.
(c) Sandy soil.
(d) Soil erosion.
5. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A freight wagon.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A hack.
(d) A couple of feed boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
2. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
3. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
4. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
5. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)