|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Nebraska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was the temperature on the first day of the journey?
(a) 82 degrees.
(b) 92 degrees.
(c) 102 degress.
(d) 72 degrees.
2. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
3. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
(a) They crossed at a narrow spot.
(b) They crossed a bridge.
(c) They forded it.
(d) They used a ferry.
4. Why did Almanzo choose to take a ridge road?
(a) It would spare the horses.
(b) It was not the path the money lenders took.
(c) It was more exciting.
(d) It was faster.
5. How long was the journey to the Wilder's new home?
(a) 700 miles.
(b) 650 miles.
(c) 750 miles.
(d) 600 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
2. What kind of traders did the Wilders avoid camping by after they crossed the Elkhorn Bridge?
3. What format is Chapter 2 written in?
4. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
5. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)