|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A church class.
(b) A school class.
(c) A choir.
(d) A baseball team.
2. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The flour bucket.
(b) The writing desk.
(c) The hem of Rose's dress.
(d) Almanzo's hat.
3. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(b) Extra postage.
(d) Newspaper articles.
4. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Soil erosion.
(b) A draught.
(c) Sandy soil.
(d) Bad storms.
5. What did Almanzo use to make a wagon for his family?
(a) A couple of feed boxes.
(b) A hack.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A freight wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
2. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
3. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)