|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(b) High rate of inflation.
(c) Small population.
2. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Varen.
(b) De Smet.
(c) De Smithe.
(d) De Ville.
3. How long was Rose's father on jury duty?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) Soil erosion.
(b) Sandy soil.
(c) Bad storms.
(d) A draught.
5. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) A church class.
(c) A school class.
(d) A choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
3. Who made Laura's sewing box?
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)