|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Plenty.
(b) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(c) The Land of Fortune.
(d) The Land of Promise.
2. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The flour bucket.
(b) Almanzo's hat.
(c) The writing desk.
(d) The hem of Rose's dress.
3. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Smithe.
(b) De Varen.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Ville.
4. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
(a) The Coreys.
(b) The Coolridges.
(c) The Coopers.
(d) The Cooleys.
5. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(b) It is told in the third person.
(c) It is told in the first person.
(d) It is a journal entry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
2. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
3. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
4. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
5. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)