|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Land of Promise.
(b) The Land of Plenty.
(c) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(d) The Land of Fortune.
2. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(b) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
3. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
(b) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(c) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
(d) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
4. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(a) High rate of inflation.
(c) Small population.
5. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(b) Miss Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made Laura's sewing box?
2. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
3. What was Laura's maiden name?
4. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
5. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)