|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
3. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The flour bucket.
(b) The hem of Rose's dress.
(c) The writing desk.
(d) Almanzo's hat.
4. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
(b) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
(c) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(d) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
5. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
2. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
3. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
4. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)