|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
2. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is a journal entry.
(b) It is told in the first person.
(c) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(d) It is told in the third person.
3. What caused the banks to collapse in the place where Rose was born?
(b) Small population.
(d) High rate of inflation.
4. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
5. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(a) Extra postage.
(c) Newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
2. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
3. What family did the Wilders plan to travel with?
4. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
5. Who made Laura's sewing box?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)