|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(d) Miss Dakota.
2. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
3. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(b) The Land of Plenty.
(c) The Land of Fortune.
(d) The Land of Promise.
4. Where did the Wilders keep the money they saved up for their trip?
(a) The writing desk.
(b) Almanzo's hat.
(c) The flour bucket.
(d) The hem of Rose's dress.
5. Where did the Wilders decide to move when the banks started failing?
(c) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
2. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
3. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
4. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
5. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)