|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wide was the Platte River?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) A mile.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) Half a mile.
2. What had to be reset in Schuyler?
(a) The money rights.
(b) The horses.
(c) The wagon order.
(d) The tires.
3. How high was the grain that the Wilders saw in the fields in South Dakota?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 3 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
4. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
(a) It was lovely.
(b) It was no good.
(c) It was too populated.
(d) It was a wasteland.
5. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
(a) The Land of the Crawling Vineyard.
(b) The Land of the Big Red Apple.
(c) The Land of the Juicy Peach.
(d) The Land of the Golden Wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Laura cross into Missouri?
2. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
3. What kind of wagon did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
4. What does Laura say everyone is attracted to?
5. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)