|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
(a) The shade trees.
(b) The cooler weather.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The rolling land.
2. What did Sherwin send with his letters to the Wilders?
(a) Extra postage.
(d) Newspaper articles.
3. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They were welcoming her home.
(b) They ran off the other emigrants.
(c) They were creating a new hymn.
(d) They were playing her favorite song.
4. What did Laura eat in Missouri without knowing what it was?
(a) Some leaves.
(c) Wild fruit.
5. How did the first crop seen in Missouri compare with those in Kansas?
(a) It was about the same.
(b) It was more mature.
(c) It was not as extensive.
(d) It was better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town was Rose born in?
2. What did Laura think was most impressive about her favorite town in Kansas?
3. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
4. What was the bridge across the Kansas River made out of?
5. What did Laura do all day on their first Sunday in Missouri?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)