|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - South Dakota.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(c) Miss Dakota.
2. What was Laura's occupation at the beginning of the book?
3. How many miles an hour did the wagons travel?
4. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is told in the third person.
(b) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(c) It is told in the first person.
(d) It is a journal entry.
5. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Fence posts.
(c) Arrow heads.
(d) Sharp rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
2. How much money a week did Laura earn?
3. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
4. How much money did the Wilders save up for their trip?
5. How much money did Rose's father earn while on jury duty?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)