|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sherwin call the place where the Wilders chose to move to?
(a) The Lacn of Opportunity.
(b) The Land of Fortune.
(c) The Land of Promise.
(d) The Land of Plenty.
2. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) An ear of corn.
(b) A wheat stalk.
(c) An apple.
(d) A strawberry.
3. What color was the Wilder's make-shift wagon painted?
4. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
5. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
(a) Cold and dry.
(b) Hot and dry.
(c) Hot and wet.
(d) Cold and wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Wilders able to eat a lot of as they passed through Kansas?
2. How many hours a week would Laura usually work at the beginning of the book?
3. How did the Wilders supplement their food supply while traveling through Nebraska?
4. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
5. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)