|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of signs were NOT posted in Nebraska?
(a) County lines.
(b) Mile markers.
(c) Trail posts.
(d) Population signs.
2. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
(a) Shell River.
(b) Stall River.
(c) Scroll River.
(d) Sell River.
3. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
4. What did the Wilders see lying around on the ground in Fort Scott?
(a) Red stones.
5. Why did a man not let the Wilders camp on his property?
(a) They were afraid to be robbed.
(b) They did not like Americans.
(c) They were leaving their property.
(d) There were too many traveling immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose always do a few years beyond her grade level?
2. What was 5 inches deep on the roadside in Kansas?
3. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
4. What amazed Laura about Topeka?
5. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)