|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
(a) It was lovely.
(b) It was no good.
(c) It was a wasteland.
(d) It was too populated.
2. Where did the Wilders get some letters?
(d) Fort Scott.
3. How wide was the Platte River?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) A mile.
(d) 100 yards.
4. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
(a) Traveling parties.
(c) Wheat fields.
(d) Large cities.
5. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Sharp rocks.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Fence posts.
(d) Arrow heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles did the Wilders usually cover in a day during their journey?
2. What divided South Ottawa from North Ottawa?
3. How did the Wilders cross the Platte River?
4. What was the date of the first day of the journey?
5. Where was the driest land in all of Kansas?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)