|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many towns did the Wilders pass every day they were in Nebraska?
2. What day of the week did the Wilders NOT travel while on their journey?
3. How many wagons did the family traveling with the Wilders have?
4. How long did the crops fail in the place Rose was born?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 4 years.
5. Why were the Wilders able to cross more ground per day in Kansas?
(a) The children walked faster.
(b) The horses were healed.
(c) The weather was good.
(d) The roads were better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Wilders travel before leaving South Dakota?
2. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
3. What did the Wilders call the place where they chose to move to?
4. How many letters did the Wilders receive in Kansas?
5. How wide was the Platte River?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)