|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Kansas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Wilders camp in ravines while in Nebraska?
(a) To build campfires.
(b) To escape the animals.
(c) To avoid the wind.
(d) To hide from Indians.
2. What did the people in Nebraska say would be needed for their crops to succeed?
3. How wide was the Platte River?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) A mile.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) 50 feet.
4. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) An apple.
(d) A wheat stalk.
5. What did the animals pulling the wagons get cut on occasionally?
(a) Fence posts.
(b) Sharp rocks.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Arrow heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura's maiden name?
2. What caused crops to fail in the place Rose was born?
3. Where did Almanzo sell many of his cooking mats in Kansas?
4. What did travelers on the trail say about Missouri?
5. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)