|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura marvel at while crossing Nebraska?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) A wheat stalk.
(c) An apple.
(d) An ear of corn.
2. What spooked one of the Cooley's horses in the big city in Nebraska?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A motor car.
(c) A large black man.
(d) A train.
3. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
4. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
(a) Cold and dry.
(b) Cold and wet.
(c) Hot and wet.
(d) Hot and dry.
5. What county did the Wilders see the farm conditions start to improve?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was an acre of land selling for in Beldon, Nebraska?
2. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
3. How wide was the Platte River?
4. What is the only day that was NOT discussed in the time span of Chapter 2?
5. How long did it take for the Wilders to travel through Nebraska?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)