|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Almanzo say made the soil in Missouri so good?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The cooler weather.
(c) The rolling land.
(d) The shade trees.
2. What time in the morning did the Wilders usually begin traveling?
(a) 9:00 am.
(b) 6:00 am.
(c) 8:00 am.
(d) 7:00 am.
3. What became more common as the Wilders neared the Kansas Border?
(b) Traveling parties.
(c) Wheat fields.
(d) Large cities.
4. What time did the Wilders reach their destination?
(a) 1:30 pm.
(b) 11:30 am.
(c) 12:30 am.
(d) 10:30 am.
5. Who did Almanzo talk to when he learned Sherwin's whereabouts?
(a) A land agent.
(b) An immigrant.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one woman say all the people in Missouri had never seen?
2. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
3. What was declared the nicest small town of the trip?
4. Where were the people in the group of immigrants from?
5. How many bushels did Almanzo say a big grain field in South Dakota would reap at harvest?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)