|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura joke about when she heard cowbells?
(a) They were welcoming her home.
(b) They were playing her favorite song.
(c) They ran off the other emigrants.
(d) They were creating a new hymn.
2. What was the first crop Laura saw in Missouri?
3. How big were the watermelons at Ash Grove?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 5 pounds.
4. Which of the following is NOT a word used by Laura to describe the Nebraska bluffs?
5. How did Laura describe the Ozarks?
(a) Understated and protecting.
(b) Large and scary.
(c) Beautiful and compelling.
(d) Grand and glorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people lived in Stanton?
2. What river did the Wilders get to when the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees?
3. Where was Chapter 2 originally recorded?
4. How is the wind in South Dakota described?
5. Where in Missouri does Laura say they found fine houses and booming businesses?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)