1. Where did Rose's parents get married?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) South Dakota.
2. What kind of group picture is included in the first chapter?
(a) A choir.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A church class.
(d) A school class.
3. Who made Laura's sewing box?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
4. How old was Rose when she started her journey?
5. What did Rose's parents get sick with at the beginning of the book?
6. How many "Miss" states did Rose know about at the beginning of the book?
7. Which of the following was NOT considered one of the "Miss" States to Rose at the beginning of the book?
(c) Miss Dakota.
8. What town was Rose born in?
(a) De Varen.
(b) De Ville.
(c) De Smet.
(d) De Smithe.
9. How is the writing style of Chapter 1 different from the other chapters?
(a) It is written from the viewpoint of a child.
(b) It is a journal entry.
(c) It is told in the third person.
(d) It is told in the first person.
This section contains 3,250 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)