Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
2. What is the length like of "Dream of Scipio"?
3. What does Laelius argue against the Stoics?
4. When was Laelius born in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
5. What do the orbits of the planets produce, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain the effectiveness and purpose of the writing style of On the Orator. Discuss how this writing style is supportive of the subject being discussed.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain which of Cicero's works in "On The Good Life" are a response to Caesar and his rule. Discuss how Cicero feels about Caesar's dictatorial role.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the power of the orator in battle, to the power of a weapon in battle. Explain how the orator is most effective in holding control in a battle.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)