Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
2. What is the length like of "Dream of Scipio"?
3. What does Laelius argue against the Stoics?
4. When was Laelius born in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
5. What do the orbits of the planets produce, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss how the role of Africanus in Chapter 3: Laelius: On Friendship and Chapter 5: The Dream of Scipio are both similar and yet different. Discuss how the role of Africanus is different from the other characters in each chapter of "On The Good Life."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how the theme of moral goodness and virtue recur throughout Cicero's works in "On The Good Life." Discuss how those two traits connect to each chapter.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Cicero's popularity among the public from the time he began writing to the time he stopped. Discuss what made this change of opinion occur.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)