|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Africanus tell Scipio about Earth?
2. What does Cicero hope to save through writing, "On the Orator"?
3. According to Laelius, what two things should be avoided in friendship?
4. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
5. Who challenges Crassus' views with historical counter-examples?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss Cicero's beliefs on human rights. Explain what he felt existed in all people that made them equal.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the ending opinions and arguments of Crassus and Antonius in On the Orator. Explain why Crassus is disappointed with Antonius' thinking.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what makes people become friends, according to Laelius: on Friendship. Explain what qualities Laelius believes makes a good friend.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)