Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
2. What is the length like of "Dream of Scipio"?
3. What does Laelius argue against the Stoics?
4. When was Laelius born in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
5. What do the orbits of the planets produce, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
Compare and contrast Cicero's popularity among the public from the time he began writing to the time he stopped. Discuss what made this change of opinion occur.
Analyze and explain the effectiveness and purpose of the writing style of On the Orator. Discuss how this writing style is supportive of the subject being discussed.
Discuss how The Dream of Scipio is unlike any other chapter of "On The Good Life" then compare and contrast how The Dream of Scipio connects to the book's overall theme of virtue and moral goodness.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)