|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Africanus argue about God, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
2. What does Africanus encourage Scipio to learn in his dream?
3. Where does Scipio go in his dream?
4. How many tones does the harmony contain, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
5. In "The Dream of Scipio," where does God exist in the universe?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain the effectiveness and purpose of the writing style of On the Orator. Discuss how this writing style is supportive of the subject being discussed.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences of Crassus' and Scaevola's opinion of what they believe makes a good orator. Explain how Scaevola disproves Crassus' opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and discuss the paradox of pleasure and pain that comes from having friendship, according to Laelius: On Friendship. Discuss how both pain and pleasure are unavoidable in friendship.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)