|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Dream of Scipio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the discussion between, in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) Cicero and a friend.
(b) Cicero and Caesar.
(c) Cicero and his dad.
(d) Cicero and Dante.
2. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
3. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
4. What does oratory require beside good speech, according to "On the Orator"?
(a) A desire to move others through words.
(b) Motivated thought.
(c) General idea of other topics.
(d) Knowledge of many subjects.
5. When did Laelius's friend die in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
(a) 150 or 140 years prior.
(b) While he was writing it.
(c) A few years after he wrote it.
(d) A few years before he wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does reciprocity suggest about friendship, according to "Laelius: On Friendship"?
2. What does happiness necessarily require, according to Cicero?
3. Which of the following is NOT a quality people should select in a friend, according to "Laelius: On Friendship"?
4. What do Rufus and Crassus need to become good orators?
5. What does Scipio desire in his dream?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)