|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Dream of Scipio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Laelius friends with?
(b) Scipio Africa.
(d) Scipio Africanus.
2. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," when should a person make the decision to keep a friend?
(a) When one is sound and rational.
(b) After that friend has three strikes.
(c) After that friend is mean.
(d) After full mental and physical maturity.
3. According to Cicero, what is suggested about losing one's happiness?
(a) That it would then be valued more.
(b) That it would be easy to regain.
(c) That it would then be imperfect.
(d) That it is separate from us.
4. In what period did Cicero gain great fame?
(a) 200 years after his death.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Dark Ages.
(d) Just after his death.
5. What does Africanus tell Scipio about his future, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
(a) He has a destiny to rule.
(b) He will lose many battles.
(c) He will win many battles.
(d) He has God in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laelius argue about a life without friends?
2. What must the ruler maintain, according to Cicero?
3. When was the excerpt of "The Dream of Scipio" rediscovered?
4. Why is friendship more potent that kinship, according to Laelius ?
5. What does the Greek philosophy believe about the good life, according to "Discussions at Tusculum"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)