|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is concluded about the achievement of moral goodness, in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is indifferent to happiness.
(c) It is the only way to achieve happiness.
(d) It is unessecary.
2. Where are the other men involved located, during the dialogue of "On the Orator"?
(a) The Pantheon.
(b) The Colloseum.
(d) The Roman Forum.
3. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) Cicero's apartment.
(b) Cicero's friends house.
(c) Cicero's country villa.
(d) By a river.
4. According to "On the Orator," what does the orator possess even in battle?
(a) Great power.
(b) The ability to connect.
(c) The ability to motivate.
(d) Little power.
5. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
(a) Romans that were too "hellenized."
(c) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who favored Cicero?
2. What do the younger men ask Crassus to tell them in "On the Orator"?
3. According to "On Duties," how do people find theft by the state?
4. What does Laelius argue against the Stoics?
5. Who reproaches Cicero after he leaves the country, in "Laelius: On Friendship"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)