|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "On The Orator "concern itself with?
(a) Who is a good orator.
(b) If Cicero is a good orator.
(c) The role of the orator or statesmen.
(d) What makes a person a good orator.
2. What does Crassus compare oratory to?
(c) Legal practice.
3. According to Cicero, what will breed resentment in a ruler's subjects?
(d) Unjust behavior.
4. Who was Laelius friends with?
(a) Scipio Africa.
(b) Scipio Africanus.
5. According to "Discussions at Tusculum," why are evil people always miserable?
(a) They do not have good lives.
(b) They are selfish.
(c) They do not have friends.
(d) They are not morally good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the dictatorial control in "Laelius: On Friendship"?
2. What do true friends not enjoy doing, according to Laelius?
3. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
4. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," what makes friendship possible?
5. Who does Laelius speak with about his friendship with Scipio?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)