|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cicero return to Rome, in "Laelius: On Friendship"?
(a) For a meeting of the Roman Senate.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For his daughter.
2. What is essential between two nations, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
(b) Equal power.
3. What type of governmental system does Cicero prefer?
(a) Where the ruler is morally good.
(b) Where men elect their ruler.
(c) Where no one is taxed.
(d) Where the ruler gives to his community.
4. What does "Laelius: On Friendship" concern itself with?
(a) Laelius's idea of friendship.
(b) Laelius's meditation of his legendary friendship.
(c) Cicero's concept of friendship.
(d) What makes a friend a friend.
5. What did Cicero believe applied to every human, according to Grant?
(a) The ration to love others.
(b) The natural law.
(c) The golden rule.
(d) Ability to forgive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the orator master?
2. What do Rufus and Cotta ask Antonius and Crassus in "On the Orator"?
3. What is "On the Orator" considered in Latin?
4. Who favored Cicero?
5. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)